Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Maique said:
does vanguard have a free trial or something like that?

i want to give it a try but i"m low on money right now to just buy it without trying it first :p
They gave out buddy passes. I"m going to see who RL wants one, then give them out online.

Cuppycake said:
I tried for a long long time to make a good looking character - and that"s what I came up with.
Sounds like when I made a female character in Oblivion. First thought was "LAWL H0T CHICK INC!" That goal quickly dropped to "Make a female who doesn"t look like she is cursed by years of inbreeding."

I failed. She uhh... had a good personality though... despite shooting arrows into people"s faces and stealing everyone"s stuff.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
rinthea said:
Another whining sorcerer?
Seriously the most blatant imba class by an ocean of the entire game had it coming. Stop your bitching. Theres more on the way.
He didn"t say he was playing a disciple.

pay attention!

Kolle_foh

shitlord
uh no...

So how many people here believes random posts made by idiots that have no basis in fact? A few at least it would seem.

Brash_foh

shitlord
Maybe we need a poll. Are you finding enough players to group with in your area/level? Vanguard without a good group is rather boring. At least it was when I played.

Kedwyn_foh

shitlord
Brash said:
Maybe we need a poll. Are you finding enough players to group with in your area/level? Vanguard without a good group is rather boring. At least it was when I played.

On Sidreth there are tons of people around to play with.

WillzZz_foh

shitlord
At 21, I go LFG most of the day, spamming away in chat channels. The only groups I get are ones where I ask random people I encounter. Many don"t want to be torn away from whatever quest they"re doing, and quite frankly the world is enormous, and we"re spread between it. I rarely encounter another player outside of town.

As far as your question, no I don"t feel I"m finding enough players to group with in my area/level. Yes, it"s boring as shit without friends. But perhaps it"s my own fault for playing on the FFA PvP, but I couldn"t resist =P

Kolle_foh

shitlord
I think it"s a continent thing. My guy is from Qalia on Thunderaxe. I found people to group with somewhat easily. I moved to Thestra yesterday and there are definately more people. Many, many more groups are being formed for various quests and dungeons.

Also I learned something over and over after playing on new WoW servers. When the server is new if you play hardcore without friends you will find yourself in trouble for finding groups. You"ve outpaced too many people and it will be difficult unless you slow down. If you have friends that play a ton too then it"s cool.

Getting into a decent guild of similar gamer types as one"s self is probably even more crucial in VG.

Nyceane_foh

shitlord
VG failed to meet the expectation, it failed to revolutionize MMO. majority of the gamer went through many beta tests and played through many MMOs, there isnt really a need for another same generation MMO that repeats everything everyone already did.

plain and simple, u kill some dragons and loot some gears, which makes it easier for you to kill other players. We"ve been doing that since EQ, some of you guys have been doing that since UO. I got burned out and quit WoW, I don"t think there would be another game that would satifisy me or any other hardcore gamers out there, unless there is something that can revolutionize the way we play MMO (u move like ninja gaiden could help).

kcxiv_foh

shitlord
Nyceane said:
VG failed to meet the expectation,
Depends what you were expecting, i was expecting pretty much what they put out. So, i am satisfied. I know i wont ever get that EQ1 feeling again, and i don"t expect to. I am satisfied with the game as it is. I am having a ton of fun. In 18 levels of VG, i have had more fun then anytime in WoW through 60 levels.

Like people been saying, to each their own. Play what you like, if you don"t like either and are looking for something, well your shit out of luck.

Mkopec1_foh

shitlord
I think the population is still in their 10-20 range. Some maybe leveling a couple diffrent ones to 10-15 to see which class is the best choice for them. So if you played your ass off to get to 20-30 then your gonna be SOL for a while on the PUG"s, when the rest of us catch up.

Guiness_foh

shitlord
Nyceane said:
pissing and moaning
Fuck sakes cry me a river there jaded gamer, your post is as worn out and tired as the way you are trying to paint the mmo biz these days. If for no other reason (and I don"t care if your folks are not paying you minimum wage for cleaning out the garage or waxing the dog or whatever it is you do to get your spending money for buy a computer that was built within the last two years) but if you are running this game at balanced or above, its breaking new ground. The game is astonishing to look at. Its been a long time since I"ve wanted to explore a game world for the sake of seeing what is over the next hill.

Yeah there may not be anything earth shattering from a playstyle standpoint in your tired assed opinion, but frankly I don"t care (it"s a fucking high fantasy mmo, clue me into some genre breaking ideas of what I"m missing out on as a player of Vanguard there armchair developer so I can be as frustrated and as miserable as you are), I"m not looking to see the second coming of Christ in a video game.

EQ1 was what got me hooked into this habit, and we are all looking for that "first time feeling", well me fumblefucking around taking screenshots like a crazian on coke and actually being nervous about dying in a fight is good enough for me (hasn"t happened in a while) If I recall, that was pretty much how I felt during the first 40 levels of everquest, that atmosphere was what got me hooked, I don"t know about you.

So no disrespect meant but for an "02 poster that has been rolling along with this board since back in the day, if you can"t come up with anything more insightful then that, do me a favor and don"t use the reply button, your commentary is nothing new, and this board has enough faggots shitting up threads and fucking up the board.

Drednots_foh

shitlord
Guiness said:
Fuck sakes cry me a river there jaded gamer, your post is as worn out and tired as the way you are trying to paint the mmo biz these days. If for no other reason (and I don"t care if your folks are not paying you minimum wage for cleaning out the garage or waxing the dog or whatever it is you do to get your spending money for buy a computer that was built within the last two years) but if you are running this game at balanced or above, its breaking new ground. The game is astonishing to look at. Its been a long time since I"ve wanted to explore a game world for the sake of seeing what is over the next hill.

Yeah there may not be anything earth shattering from a playstyle standpoint in your tired assed opinion, but frankly I don"t care (it"s a fucking high fantasy mmo, clue me into some genre breaking ideas of what I"m missing out on as a player of Vanguard there armchair developer so I can be as frustrated and as miserable as you are), I"m not looking to see the second coming of Christ in a video game.

EQ1 was what got me hooked into this habit, and we are all looking for that "first time feeling", well me fumblefucking around taking screenshots like a crazian on coke and actually being nervous about dying in a fight is good enough for me (hasn"t happened in a while) If I recall, that was pretty much how I felt during the first 40 levels of everquest, that atmosphere was what got me hooked, I don"t know about you.

So no disrespect meant but for an "02 poster that has been rolling along with this board since back in the day, if you can"t come up with anything more insightful then that, do me a favor and don"t use the reply button, your commentary is nothing new, and this board has enough faggots shitting up threads and fucking up the board.
I couldnt agree more, especially with the last sentence.