Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

Pinchandroll_foh

shitlord
Some screenshots: everything possible is maxed in these, but it looks like saving it as a .jpg takes it"s toll.

Anyways, first there"s a moon rise where I left my UI showing so people could see FPS... definitely playable.

Next is a 6dot lvl 50 mob named Tharridon the Mighty who wanders around Tursh. I thought it was a cool silhouette.

Third is highlighting the loot I got when I saw a wandering level 22 bear named Bloodpaw. I was 18 at the time so I kited him for a while and it was definitely worth the effort. I don"t think I"ll be getting my hands on a better weapon for many, many levels.

Last is just a fullscreen shot of my character (19 thestran bard) standing on a bridge near Three Rivers village. About 2 seconds after I took this screenshot my character caught fire and was then covered in vines. Yeah, I didn"t notice the level 22"s from a KOS guild standing 10 feet in front of me. That screenshot cost me 35 infamy and a couple silver, as well as a trip to my bind point.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
xmod2 said:
Those scripted, forced events are good for single player games, not a "wide open do everything!" kind of world.

What if I don"t want to play a character that has a guilty conscience about killing peasants? What if I want to drink their blood?

Shit like this makes the game less of an RPG and more like a theme park ride. At least give an option for people who want to be evil.
Man.. I really wanted my Human paladin in WoW at level one to drink the blood of innocents so he can follow in Arthas" footsteps and eventually become a Death Knight. damn those scripted quests that only let me be a goodie goodie. I hate MMOs now.

You don"t want an RPG dude, you want a MMOGTA not an MMORPG. This is not a "Wide open do everything" genre.

vynde_foh

shitlord
Rayne said:
Thats the issue i"m talking about right there. I did the quests on the island, and was then transported to the next area. I picked up a few quests there, and completed a couple for a new weapon and some armor, then just decided to grind for a bit. Thats what i"m talking about. After 35 kills, nothing dropped. I just logged in a few minutes ago, and its the same thing. Killed about 20 mobs, and not even trash loot.

It almost seems as though "because" I have a couple of unfinished quests, unrelated mobs in the area won"t drop anything. Essentially "forcing" me to clear the quest log. On a positive note, at least they still grant experience, and I was able to level. If this is some sort of unintended bug and really shouldn"t be happening, then thats fine. But if it is intentional for players to be forced into clearing thier quest log in order to just cash/loot farm, then its a poor design decision that should be reconsidered.
no fucking way...
this has to be a bug. i was in beta and its not like that now. i hope they get this fixed because i didnt really do the quests in the 2nd starting area, i was just grinding the exp and selling whatever i picked up

Reggie_foh

shitlord
I made a newb to group with friends on kojan tonight. Popped up naked after intro, said hi to my trainer, grabbed a few local quests got my newb sword, tabbed to a crab and wasted it. Had 2 unfinished quests for the area.

Got a pp loot, 6cp! I am sure in a month all this knowledge will be common, like whether you need a cleared quest log or not.

ScreenShot_00000.jpg

ScreenShot_00000.jpg

Dom_foh

shitlord
I have no idea WTF you tards are bitching about. The third mob I killed after starting a new kojan Human character dropped a pair of boots, and this was in the little "introduction" area where you"re slaughtering town people.

I"ve also had an abundance of drops after being brought to the small town where you begin your path to "enlightenment"

Reggie_foh

shitlord
Ok me and a group of 4 running around killing 100 or so mobs, on the way, during and after quests... on kojan.

The overall drop rate has been pretty shitty, gotta be fair about it. I would say 80 of 100 mobs not having anything to loot on them. At all.

I like looting a dead trash mob"s bus fare!

What gives? Anyone getting this on thestra or qalia? Is this just some pockets of mobs/dungeons?

I remember getting pp items off just about every kill when playing in thestra.

Add bus fare, get rid of the repair.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I play a Half-Elf Druid. I didn"t notice this. The game was fun enough for my not worrying about grinding level 1 mobs for 1copper snail tails to sell to get that new level 2 dented copper dagger that is replaces in about 10 minutes by a larger dented copper dagger at level 2.5

What do you want from a newbie zone? Jeezus.

Well, WoW is boring me.

PC I have now has no chance at running Vanguard (2001 machine)

Kinda box will I need to run it on medium type settings. Looking at this right now. Will be a Vista build and plan on upgrading video card to DX10 in a few months so want something decent for now.

Can maybe swing couple hundred more bucks but will this run the game decently?

SAMSUNG 18X DVD?R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write Black E-IDE/ATAPI Model SH-S182D
POWMAX CP0327PL-4 Window Black/Silver SGCC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 400W Power Supply
Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFD 74GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Driver
MSI K9A Platinum Socket AM2 ATI CrossFire Radeon Xpress 3200 ATX AMD Motherboard
JetWay X19PR-ED-512M Radeon X1950PRO 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
DIAMOND XtremeSound XS71 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 4-4-4-12 timing
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor 2.6GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADA5200CSBOX

Cost is around 1k, anything else I might need or should get in place, Thanks ahead of time!

r.gun_foh

shitlord
Ellsworth said:
Picture looks like the rest of the VG screenshots. Plastic and shiny. It kinda reminds me of Toy story.
I"d rather have plastic an shiny than...

oh, and some VG shots of Tursh area. Running resolution is 1600x900, but I made them smaller to fit most screens.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Those shots are actually an excellent argument FOR AA. The game looks SO much better when it"s smoothed out, even if it"s just from resampling/sizing pics. Get on that shit!

Shaof_foh

shitlord
Agonizing said:
Well, WoW is boring me.

PC I have now has no chance at running Vanguard (2001 machine)

Kinda box will I need to run it on medium type settings. Looking at this right now. Will be a Vista build and plan on upgrading video card to DX10 in a few months so want something decent for now.

Can maybe swing couple hundred more bucks but will this run the game decently?

SAMSUNG 18X DVD?R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write Black E-IDE/ATAPI Model SH-S182D
POWMAX CP0327PL-4 Window Black/Silver SGCC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 400W Power Supply
Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFD 74GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Driver
MSI K9A Platinum Socket AM2 ATI CrossFire Radeon Xpress 3200 ATX AMD Motherboard
JetWay X19PR-ED-512M Radeon X1950PRO 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
DIAMOND XtremeSound XS71 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 4-4-4-12 timing
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor 2.6GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADA5200CSBOX

Cost is around 1k, anything else I might need or should get in place, Thanks ahead of time!
I"d buy a case that didn"t come with a 400w power supply and pay a little more for a 700w or something with that hardware. Other than that looks pretty good for 1k.

Digits_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
Those shots are actually an excellent argument FOR AA. The game looks SO much better when it"s smoothed out, even if it"s just from resampling/sizing pics. Get on that shit!
Maybe that"s why I liked the atmospheric blur option so much. It basically started hazing out everything that wasn"t ten feet in front of you, and I thought it made the game "feel" much better to look at. I agree that those shots look incredibly better than what is displayed in game due to the fact you don"t see any jagged edges and how seamless it all looks, and if that is really what AA can pull off than it should be the top priority after performance boosts.