Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

Ellsworth_foh

shitlord
r.gun said:
I"d rather have plastic an shiny than...

oh, and some VG shots of Tursh area. Running resolution is 1600x900, but I made them smaller to fit most screens.

First of all, I know that VG has technically superior graphics. Hands down. But the look of everything being fake is off putting for me. I prefer the fantastical cartoonish art style of WoW in addition.

Tual_foh

shitlord
Ellsworth said:
First of all, I know that VG has technically superior graphics. Hands down. But the look of everything being fake is off putting for me. I prefer the fantastical cartoonish art style of WoW in addition.
All this shit has been said 1000x before. No one on either side gives a fuck.

Ellsworth_foh

shitlord
Tual said:
All this shit has been said 1000x before. No one on either side gives a fuck.
You win!

OMG! I"m so glad that you needed to interject your completely useless opinion on something clearly no one cares anything about!

ROCK ON!

Tual_foh

shitlord
Ellsworth said:
You win!

OMG! I"m so glad that you needed to interject your completely useless opinion on something clearly no one cares anything about!

ROCK ON!
I don"t like rock music.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Ellsworth it really has been said 1000x before. Go read other VG threads you will see the _exact_ same quote as you just used.

Nobody really gives a fuck.

I could say the exact oppositte of what you just said -- after playing VG I now can"t stand WoW"s look and you know what -- nobody gives a fuck about my opinion of WoW art either.

tad10 said:
Ellsworth it really has been said 1000x before. Go read other VG threads you will see the _exact_ same quote as you just used.

I could say the exact oppositte of what you just said -- after playing VG I now can"t stand WoW"s look and you know what -- nobody gives a fuck about my opinion of WoW art either.
*Nasal nerd fuck whiney voice*But you don"t even play Wow, who gives a fuck what you thnk about it ? Why don"t you GTFO out these threads and stop shitting on Wow?....ad nausem.

Retard.

Kildace_foh

shitlord
The Hiram Key said:
*Nasal nerd fuck whiney voice*But you don"t even play Wow, who gives a fuck what you thnk about it ? Why don"t you GTFO out these threads and stop shitting on Wow?....ad nausem.

Retard.
You called someone a nerd on a MMORPG message board on which you have 588 posts, the majority of them made in the past 3 months while you were playing WoW. Good job!

Kildace said:
You called someone a nerd on a MMORPG message board on which you have 588 posts, the majority of them made in the past 3 months while you were playing WoW. Good job!
Obviously reading comprehension and a sense of humor are not your strong points.

Reggie_foh

shitlord
Jesus, look at that WoW screenie next to the VG ones. It looks like a decade has transpired between those shots. I like the WoW artwork and all, but shit that looks clunky.

I am not a graphics whore, but daaaam!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I agree. I"ve gotten used to the graphics in VG over the last two weeks. I logged into WOW the other day and it hit me how much of a difference it truly is.

kohl_foh

shitlord
Reggie said:
Jesus, look at that WoW screenie next to the VG ones. It looks like a decade has transpired between those shots. I like the WoW artwork and all, but shit that looks clunky.

And for all that power behind the new engine, many of the models still look like shit. Go figure. Didn"t Nino say they had an art patch coming? I guess that is still in beta as well?

Bongk_foh

shitlord
kohl said:
And for all that power behind the new engine, many of the models still look like shit. Go figure. Didn"t Nino say they had an art patch coming? I guess that is still in beta as well?
/yawn, your posts are tiresome and never have anything of substance. At least try to think up something new to complain about than 6 month old utnayan slams...

Yes anything being uypgraded is clearly in beta. I guess since wow added battlegrounds after beta it was in beta at release than. Oh wait they still have server queues. I guess wow is still in beta?

Whee see how much fun that is...

I guess you missed the what 28 page thread about things people in wow want fixed also?

Ellsworth_foh

shitlord
tad10 said:

See, the dude that posts the screenshots has posts a billion of them before the one I finally commented on.

And he said something like "this is a wicked cool mob that the screenshot doesn"t really do justice to."

I looked at the picture and was like... really? Cause that guy looks just as vaugely realistic/made out of plastic as the rest of the mobs in the game, with cloth clothes that shine like polished metal and hair that looks like Mr. Potaeto Head.

So I just made the comment, I don"t care how many times its been said before. I was responding to one poster after he posted 1 image [which broke tables :"( ]

I know its been said, I know its been discussed. I can even understand how becoming accustomed to VG graphics would make you likely to loathe WoW graphics. I usually had to have an "adjustment" period when I was in beta.

Unfortunately it just didn"t work for me. Sorry that my 2 line comment bugged you guys so much that you needed to "sit on my balls". I really didn"t think it was that big a deal. Just don"t like that fake/plastic/shiny look everything has. And after 20 screens posted in this one thread, I just felt like making a comment about it.

forge_foh

shitlord
kohl said:
I really have to agree. The world is very well done. But the animation and models are just awful. When I group I can"t help but to think how bad they are. Everything feels clunky when I see them attack. I don"t get the sense they hit things.. but rather that its simply a model swinging a sword. Then there is a mob which has to react. In EQ (old models) and WoW when you hit things you get the feeling like you actually hit them. Rather than its just some programed element. I think for more reasons that any this is why I played a caster. Because their actually very simular to casters play wise in all the other mmos.

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Ells, you can"t make negative comments about VG, especially if you don"t play the game! Jeez, where have you been? You can"t say something like "I prefer WoW"s art over VG"s technical shiny plastic". But I guess if you felt the opposite it"s okay to say:

yeah after seeing VG with settings turned up I can"t play WoW anymore
I agree. I"ve gotten used to the graphics in VG over the last two weeks. I logged into WOW the other day and it hit me how much of a difference it truly is.
Gotta love double standards. Anyway, noone is going to sit here and deny that VG is technicaly superior when it comes to texture size and polygon counts, but there is an awful lot more to a game and even its graphics than just those. Art, animation, feel, speed, response, flow.. some of which are abstract values of course, all of which vary in importance from person to person. So yeah, it"s perfectly valid for people to have their own preference, so people need to stop jumping on other peoples" shit when they state their preference for WoW over VG..

Bongk_foh

shitlord
all of those quotes you liosted are in VG threads, we arent going to WoW threads and posting "wow suxxors it looks like a comic book"

How about you keep your opinions in wow threads than?

Or maybe everyone who likes VG should just start going and shitting up every wow thread? Actually we seem to be mostly adults so that won"t happen.

The real issue is you have given that same opinion 20,000 times now, we now how you feel, everytime someone says something positive about VG you don;t need to ride in on your white horse and save us from the evil sigil.

Come up with something new to post or just stop posting on VG threads and go back to the threads about the many problems wow has also.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Twobit Whore said:
Gotta love double standards. Anyway, noone is going to sit here and deny that VG is technicaly superior when it comes to texture size and polygon counts, but there is an awful lot more to a game and even its graphics than just those. Art, animation, feel, speed, response, flow.. some of which are abstract values of course, all of which vary in importance from person to person. So yeah, it"s perfectly valid for people to have their own preference, so people need to stop jumping on other peoples" shit when they state their preference for WoW over VG..
Art. I like and respect the artwork of WOW and VG. My personal preference tends to lean towards VG as better.

Animations. They are the same. Each game has you swinging in the general direction of the mob. If you are in a group and fighting a mob in WOW you are just swinging, the mob is not dodging and moving in reaction to your weapons any more than your weapons in VG. Casting animations are fine. There are certain classes I guess where the animations where all fucked up. The rogues were really bad, but they fixed those last week.

Feel. I"m assuming you mean atmosphere, and mood. Both games are about the same. One detail I did notice in VG is that the grass on the ground waves in the breeze. I thought that was a cool detail.

Speed. IMO is the same in each game. Combat seems to actually move quicker in VG than WOW if thats possible.

Response. There were some issues I have to agree, but since the last 2 patches have improved this tremendously.

Flow. Not sure if this isn"t a combination of the few above. But the game does seem to flow really well. Classes still need to be tweaked and fit together a little better, but trends seem to suggest that things are moving in that direction.

When it comes down to it, it is all personal preference. I think calling one game"s atmosphere and look "shit" is just dumb. It obviously doesn"t look like shit. Your personal forum hate is coming out very strong here (not you 2bit, the other posters). Sure you need a better computer to make the game shine, I happen to have one so I enjoy the game more than you would.

And c"mon, there is a credibility issue if you don"t play the game. The are patching the game like crazy right now. You can"t comment on the game on the way it looks and feels unless you are playing or watching the latest build. If you have played or seen the game as of the last update, and still think the game looks like shit, then you have every right to do so, but to say the game looked like shit 4 weeks ago when obvious improvement has gone in since then really hurts the credibility of any of your comments.

*All reference to you and your etc is a general you, no one in particular.