Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

Mkopec1_foh

shitlord
Yeah I remember my little bro, only like 12 at the time crying and shit because he lost a corpse somwhere in the Everfrost maze of snow with 5pp on it and some shitty gear.

I remember looking and looking, but could never find it.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Maxxius said:
Hard to ignore the thread after Brad does his wall of text/spin in it. It begs for reaction, which is what it generated. Whether VG is or is not for me was never the issue. I just don"t care anymore what happens to the game. But when the spinmeister spins, I can"t help but reply.
yeap cause someone spinning something about a game you don"t even play has all to do with you... right? You don"t see us fagging up WoW threads whena dev posts in... wait... that"s right WoW retards are such cry babies that WoW devs don"t post here do they? I think that"s what it is... all you Blizz cock smokers don"t get any dev attention so you flock to VG threads where the actual devs are posting cause you all feel left out. Finally it all makes sense.. your wow threads are fucking pointless and are nothing but a bunch of guys sitting around theory crafting and wishing and all that where as VG threads actually have a point and influence the game we play. Ah well... just goes to show you what happens when you make a game that all the mouth breathing masses can play...

Reggie_foh

shitlord
This thread needs more funny.

Kiss and make up guys.

Newbie.jpg

Newbie.jpg

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Camerous said:
all you Blizz cock smokers don"t get any dev attention so you flock to VG threads where the actual devs are posting cause you all feel left out.
Or maybe it"s just that we don"t need them to come here and blow smoke up our ass, pat us on the back and reassure us that it will all be better some day.

You really should bottle up that emo rage and sell it, could make a fortune at your local high school. Then once it"s all out, take a step back and see the difference in reactions to a post by someone like Nino, who shoots straight and someone like Brad, who couldn"t spin a fucking dreidel at Hanukkah.

Reggie_foh

shitlord
Twobit Whore said:
You really should bottle up that emo rage
So should you sir. /nyaa

Twobit Whore said:
could make a fortune at your local high school.
I am going to infer you are not far from said school age.

BRAAAAAAAAAAD My cup is EMPTYYYYY BRAAAAD!

Mah GAW you spinned Brad! I feel letdown, but passionate about it!

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I find it funny too that they would say I have emo issues when they are coming into VG threads all up in arms cause Brad is posting about a game they don"t even play. Yeap! that"s really the way to show us guys! Please post more about how we just don"t understand what is wrong with VG and how we just don"t get that we are hurting the industry by playing games we like. Please more of that retarded BS! Oh and don"t forget to flame Brad while doing it cause we all know he killed your dog and sold you into slavery where your ass gets raped every night! Carry on!

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Camerous said:
Yeah I find it funny too that they would say I have emo issues when they are coming into VG threads all up in arms cause Brad is posting about a game they don"t even play.
Did the ghost of tad10 possess you? This tripe is really tired. But seriously, you don"t see the difference in making a typical post and "being up in arms"? Here is a clue, every single one of your drivel-laden rant posts are "up in arms". Whereas most others that you label as such, aren"t.

Yeah, you do have emo issues. Vanguard upsets me infinitely less than I apparently upset you.

Stevon_foh

shitlord
Camerous said:
OMG you are right!! Thanks for posting this and showing us the error of our ways. There is no way anyone can enjoy VG Cause you have said they can"t. Wow that takes a load off my mind. Thanks a lot! Of course we ALL want instanced content cause there is no way any of us could think that instances are not a good thing... cause hey you have to be right! Right?

Well first off, dumb fuck, a lot of people like VG. There is plenty of content there. 2nd not everyone wants a pussyfied world where everything is instanced and all the babies get every thing handed to them on nice little platters cause if they had to actually work for something and earn it they would cry and moan all day long.
Pal I doubt you have a clue what the difference between challenge and grind really is.

But I"ll give you this. You are 100% right. Some people do like to pay to work. I guess you guys are like missionaries. You"d prefer to work for no reward because that"s what gives you so much satisfaction. Well that"s not fair. At least missionaries provide some value to the world.

Fact is that time will demonstrate what 95% of the people who bought this game have already found out - that the vision is the same old outdated scam that poisoned the good aspects of EQ and caused virtually every top guild, player and their mother to jump ship for WoW.

But I realize just how painful it is for you to hear the truth about your baby. As for the rest of us, I"ll admit, most are smarter than I am and don"t even waste their time posting about their dissapointment here. I"m weak, I like the reactions the truth gets

Stevon_foh

shitlord
Mkopec1 said:
See that to me is not making it casuall friendly its dumbing down the game and making it sologuard.

So is this how every mmorpg needs to be now? Dunbed down gameplay to appeal to the lowest common denominator? What you describing here is WoW 2.0. Why not just play WoW then if this is what your looking for out of a game.

Timesinks? Whaich game on the market today in this genre does not use some timesinks to keep poeple playing?
I disagree that making a game solo friendly is dumbing it down. What I think Sigil forgot, or didn"t "realize", is that you can have both group and solo content in the game. The problem with Vanguard (well one of them) is that by forcing group only advancement (and anyone who thinks it"s not group only, or damn close, is fooling themselves) you end up splitting up people over time. You end up with this endless feeling grind, and friends fall behind friends with a general feeling that they can never really catch up. All it takes is a week away from the game, and bam, that"s it you"re through.

Add to that all the other issues and you have nothing but frustration and boredom. It was very apparent in Vanguard 2 weeks into launch, and maybe even sooner. People were quitting left and right and I"m sure it hasn"t stopped.

There"s a solution to the problem but certain people are too stubborn and have too much pride to admit it.

As for playing WoW, no thanks. The cartoony graphics just kill it for me. The art quality is good, but I keep feeling like I"m playing back with an EQ level graphics engine. But the gameplay of WoW is fantastic. After over 2 years and at least a year in alpha/beta I"m tired of it anyway.

kcxiv_foh

shitlord
Stevon said:
Pal I doubt you have a clue what the difference between challenge and grind really is.

But I"ll give you this. You are 100% right. Some people do like to pay to work. I guess you guys are like missionaries. You"d prefer to work for no reward because that"s what gives you so much satisfaction. Well that"s not fair. At least missionaries provide some value to the world.

Fact is that time will demonstrate what 95% of the people who bought this game have already found out - that the vision is the same old outdated scam that poisoned the good aspects of EQ and caused virtually every top guild, player and their mother to jump ship for WoW.

But I realize just how painful it is for you to hear the truth about your baby. As for the rest of us, I"ll admit, most are smarter than I am and don"t even waste their time posting about their dissapointment here. I"m weak, I like the reactions the truth gets
All this from a guy who was a main tank on bertox, and was the butt end of every joke becuase you got Stevon ebay style. And you got all your leet infos from a FoH member <Xytras> i think. Who members of your guild later admited to getting strats from them. So dont come in here n talk about grind or challenge sir.

Least the other guys on here i can sometimes take somewhat serious.

Anyways, off to play my game no one likes!

Kraks said:
I hate to come back, but Brad, you pissed me off.

Are you really blind man? The Crafting and Harvesting systems FUN?!?! What crack are you smoking man? The crafting system is horrid.

That utter slap in the face was all I needed. Cancelled and deleted. You"ll be receiving my customer complaint through the BBB this week.

I know you cannot be honest with us, but please, try to be honest to yourself and your devs. Those two aspects of the game blow immensely.
A lot of people really like it, including my guild who is really into it. I"m not saying everyone likes it, or that it"s perfect (e.g. will continue to enhance systems trying to make them even more compelling and fun), but it"s a good system overall. It doesn"t appeal to everyone and I"m sorry you don"t like it, but we talk to a lot of people, get a lot of feedback, and can also do queries of the database and see where people are and what they have accomplished (we can do this FAR more easily with Vanguard as opposed to EQ because we"re using a powerful database).

And I am honest with you guys. I try to be very up front and to manage expectations. I don"t need to lie about things. If there"s something sensitive or something uncertain, then I will be vague or flat out say I can"t talk about it.

Stevon said:
I disagree that making a game solo friendly is dumbing it down. What I think Sigil forgot, or didn"t "realize", is that you can have both group and solo content in the game. The problem with Vanguard (well one of them) is that by forcing group only advancement (and anyone who thinks it"s not group only, or damn close, is fooling themselves) you end up splitting up people over time. You end up with this endless feeling grind, and friends fall behind friends with a general feeling that they can never really catch up. All it takes is a week away from the game, and bam, that"s it you"re through.

Add to that all the other issues and you have nothing but frustration and boredom. It was very apparent in Vanguard 2 weeks into launch, and maybe even sooner. People were quitting left and right and I"m sure it hasn"t stopped.

There"s a solution to the problem but certain people are too stubborn and have too much pride to admit it.

As for playing WoW, no thanks. The cartoony graphics just kill it for me. The art quality is good, but I keep feeling like I"m playing back with an EQ level graphics engine. But the gameplay of WoW is fantastic. After over 2 years and at least a year in alpha/beta I"m tired of it anyway.
We certainly did not forget that casual, core, and hard core players can and should co-exist in Vanguard. Originally we planned for 20% casual content, 60% core, and 20% raid. Turns out based on beta that we needed more casual and actually, especially at lower levels, there is a LOT more casual content than, say, group.

Now, that doesn"t mean we can"t make it more fun. I want to see more compelling areas for solo/casual players so it"s not so much about just grinding on 2 and 3 dot mobs. I get bored of that as well (although I am a group player mostly, but then I do log on and either can"t find a group, or they are too far away, or I don"t have a lot of time, at which point I solo mobs).

And no, people aren"t leaving left and right. Sales continue to grow and churn is very low (we just went through our first billing cycle where a lot of people had used up their first month (mostly the people who bought the game right away or soon after release). And, much to our happiness, we had relatively very few cancelations.

I"m not saying everything is hunky dory -- we have a LOT of work to do, both in fixing things and also adding new things, updating things, tweaking things. More so than we would have liked in that we had to launch a bit early, but the team is working extra hard to make up for that. They didn"t go on vacations or return to working regular hours after the game was released -- they kept on crunching and I"m very proud of the team -- they are extremely committed to Vanguard, love to play it (many more devs are playing the game than back when we released EQ, which is very helpful because we encounter issues or bugs ourselves or imbalances, etc. and that combined with feedback helps us fix things quicker). I know a bunch of devs who have level 20+ and even level 30+ characters (and at least one who is 40+).

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Twobit Whore said:
This tripe is really tired. .
Why yes it is. perhaps if you posted in threads of games you actually played and enjoyed we wouldn"t be having this conversation now would we?

Reggie_foh

shitlord
I still remember this guy Frozboz was convinced that there would be in game sponsorship of Player Characters in eq, say around 2002?

e.g. Taco Bell or Blockbuster on his robe.

Ahh to be "elite".

Lyenae said:
ETA on dynamic in game advertising?
No plans for in-game advertising. I think in-game advertising can work in a game that is set in current times or the future -- kind of like the huge Coke ad in Blade Runner. But I don"t think it makes sense for a high fantasy game like Vanguard.

Danth_foh

shitlord
Aradune Mithara said:
We certainly did not forget that casual, core, and hard core players can and should co-exist in Vanguard. Originally we planned for 20% casual content, 60% core, and 20% raid. Turns out based on beta that we needed more casual and actually, especially at lower levels, there is a LOT more casual content than, say, group.
I would say whether gameplay is "casual" or "hardcore" or in-between is largely unrelated to how many people a game requires the player to group with. In other words, something isn"t automatically "casual" just because it can be done solo.

The fact that Sigil apparently sees things differently is one of the reasons why I suspect I might not enjoy the game for more than 5 or 6 months. I have this nagging feeling that several months from now I"ll be sitting at the level cap with nothing useful to do that I actually enjoy doing. Studios seem to have this queer notion that people who play a lot (the more "hardcore" gamers) only want to raid as a means of advancement. I don"t, and as such I find myself unsatisfied in the long-term by most of the games currently available on the market.

In the meantime, I think Vanguard is a perfectly fine game which does some things extremely well. Sigil"s class design is superb.

Danth

rinthea said:
When can we expect to see a few percent of the 20% raid advertised? Seriously I ask.
It"s being worked on, but I don"t have a solid date. We are working upwards, focussing on new and updated mid level content, and some devs are already working on raid content. Also some raid specific code support may be necessary. In any case, we want to do it right and not rush it. I do apologize for the delay, but I also feel it will be well worth it. The raid dungeons are incredible

xregg_foh

shitlord
Still having a blast. Like I said before this is a hardcore game for hardcore players with hardcore machines. I like the way it is just fine sure it has a few problems but I havnt felt like this since eq. Havnt missed a day of logging in yet.

I also like the fact that I have grouped with no leet speak temper tantrum loot hording 13 years olds. The overal vibe seems to be way more mature than some of the other bug free super mmo"s out there

Blacken {Talisman}
Flamehammer Server