Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

Sithro_foh

shitlord
Draegan said:
Everytime I see your name in a thread it just irritates me a little more each time.
Cry me a river and drown in it.

It"s certainly worth 19.99 and a month or so of sub time to get a character to 60. You may find you like it more than you expected, or you may hate it.. but 20+15 (worst case) for 2 months of a game is a decent deal, compared to single player titles that can cost 50-60 and last you 2 weeks.
Yeah, I"ve been playing a hunter, and he seems like an EQ necro mixed with a ranger with a side of something else. Maybe Shaman? I don"t know, but I think it"s very unique.

xregg_foh

shitlord
As for the 3 people who seem to think I try to stop Vanguard flames with pics thats not the case at all. I actually post them from time to time when the urge hits me.

I post them for the people who enjoy them(which there are plenty) and to show that good graphics and framerates are possiable with this game. Ive already talked to the powers that be here and I will not stop posting because of a couple of Vanguard haters. If you dont like them it takes about 1 sec to scroll past them. So expect some more screens when I find some more interesting things to look at. Especially when raids start.

Blacken {Talisman}
Flamehammer Server

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Post something interesting then instead of the same tired unibodies on the same tired offwhite sand with the same tired plaid tents.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Xregg could you post your computer specs again please? And a ballpark of what your system cost?

Filthgrinder_foh

shitlord
xregg said:
As for the 3 people who seem to think I try to stop Vanguard flames with pics thats not the case at all. I actually post them from time to time when the urge hits me.

I post them for the people who enjoy them(which there are plenty) and to show that good graphics and framerates are possiable with this game. Ive already talked to the powers that be here and I will not stop posting because of a couple of Vanguard haters. If you dont like them it takes about 1 sec to scroll past them. So expect some more screens when I find some more interesting things to look at. Especially when raids start.

Blacken {Talisman}
Flamehammer Server
Bravo, keep on posting them. I don"t have nearly enough time to play the game too often, and I like seeing some of the new areas or classes I"ve never run across

Rayne_foh

shitlord
Twobit Whore said:
Post something interesting then instead of the same tired unibodies on the same tired offwhite sand with the same tired plaid tents.
I concur. It"d be nice to see some combat oriented shots, or even some pics of populated areas of interest, instead of the same old crap all the time of a single character out posing in the world somewhere. Wheres all the shots of these fantabulous dungeons everyone"s talking about? Or the boss mobs being downed that everyone keeps mentioning?

I just find it strangely odd that with all this "awesome looking cool stuff" going on in the game everyone talks about, the ones posting here never seem to want to show it off. They just post random shit that screams "hey, look.... I stopped and turned everything up to max for this awesome pic". Wheres the action shots that look like the ones posted here? Wheres the shots of a group kicking ass in some awesome dungeon, with everything turned up like these shots posted here?

Perhaps I have it all wrong, and the game really does look that good in action to some players. If it does, then show it off.

r.gun_foh

shitlord
Sorry for the resolution, but I haven"t installed Photoshop on my Vista install yet. This first shot of my group killing some drake in Trengal Keep.

Yes, I know the FPS is only 7 - I play on settings higher than I should because I like purty graphics and I don"t mind my highest FPS being 25... lol

The second shot is Trengal Keep from afar, and only shows the entrance of it. The last shot is of a group killing some quest mobs in Lakeview.

Nairbog_foh

shitlord
I"d love to see some screens of level 35+ content (Nusibe Necropolis anyone?), keep seeing patch notes about all these places that I"ve never seen. All the 40+ players out there should post some neat screens.

xregg_foh

shitlord
Drtyrm I bought an alienware

Core 2 Duo x6800
4gigs ddr2 pc-6400 ram
8800gtx
250 sata 3g 7200rpm 8mb cache harddrive
Creative Soundblaster x-Fi extreme music Soundcard

withouth the widescreen monitor it came to 4600$ after taxes and shipping. Most will think thats nuts but i have no idea how to build them and ive always been happy with alienware so.....

Kolle_foh

shitlord
It would have been a great deal cheaper to build yourself, but if you have the money to spend then there"s nothing wrong with buying.

xregg_foh

shitlord
Well its not like i have money to burn i worked a LOT of weekends to pay for it. Its my only hobby now since I dont go out partying anymore.
Two bit this isnt the only game i bought this pc for. Crysis, Bioshock and other high end graphic games is what i bought this pc for.
Check my older screen shots for the indoor 165 avg fps pics

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
That was pretty much my point. There is no possible way that Xregg"s screenies prove anything about the mass appeal/success VG will experience. Only beacuse his performance is so far above average as to be statistically insignificant.

P.S. And obviously I wish I had $4600 to spend on new computer!

Twobit_sl

shitlord
I understand why you want a machine like you have, but my point is that you are statistically nonexistant when it comes to what the average user has and can expect to achieve.

r.gun_foh

shitlord
Well, I am running an Athlon 4200+ X2, with 2 gigs of ram and a nVidia 7900 GTO and I get decent framerates and run the game at 1920x1080 because I am running on a TV. Bring down the reso to 1280x1024 on a normal monitor and the performance would be much better. I would say my rig is slightly above average, but it wasn"t obscenely expensive.

Zignor 2_foh

shitlord
It"s just beyond wrong that a ~$5k machine is required to acceptably run the game looking like xregg"s screenshots do.

And even then, it"s still not all that pretty. If you"re going to commit yourself to bleeding-edge graphics technology that renders a normal gaming PC a smoldering mess, you really need to commit yourself to some killer art direction as well. Otherwise, just don"t fucking bother. Actually, please, just stop.

Drednots_foh

shitlord
xregg said:
Well its not like i have money to burn i worked a LOT of weekends to pay for it. Its my only hobby now since I dont go out partying anymore.
Two bit this isnt the only game i bought this pc for. Crysis, Bioshock and other high end graphic games is what i bought this pc for.
Check my older screen shots for the indoor 165 avg fps pics
Ya same. I just upgraded a couple days ago and man what a difference. Completely different game almost when you can crank it up. Repeating what everyone else says needing this kind of rig to play how you want to is a shame. The high requirements obviously hurt its release. But wow its nice if you can afford it.

e6700
8800 gtx
4 gigs corsair ddr2 6400
i600 MB
150g 10,000 rpm hd 16mb cache
Soundblaster extreme

*edit* Did mine at micro center $2,500 after mail in rebates - they put it together I did"nt want to fuck it up