Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

rinthea_foh

shitlord
nah stupid comparison, the models in it are a year old

fwiw heres tursh at high res, still a shithole, but a little better than that old pic

Zuuljin_foh

shitlord
Problem with vanguard is it has no bloom (or didnt work last I tried). The distance blur thing is kinda cool, but doesnt effect the stuff up close.

Strangly enough, my 1 graphics beef with vangaurd are its tree"s. Seriously. Look at the tree"s in LoTR and then look at them in Vanguard. Vangaurds tree"s look like someone used that airbrush tool in MS Paint. They are WAY too detailed and it makes my screen look like its having a seizure with all the tree leaf flickering going on. They also seem to have no depth when looking at them. Just a bunch of random leaves flickering away giving me an epileptic seizure.

And yea, vangaurds biggest secret to me is WHY it doesnt run amazing. The graphics are good sure, but not SO good that they run worse then EQ2, and even EQ2 has environmental shadows! What the hell is bogging down the fps!?

kohl_foh

shitlord
rinthea said:

fwiw heres tursh at high res, still a shithole, but a little better than that old pic
What the fuck is that in the pic? It looks like a little old lady with big shoes.

woqqqa_foh

shitlord
rinthea said:
Yeah, but we could take a shit area from LoTRO and a good area from VG...
Go for it...I"m still betting on LOTRO because imho the Vanguard guys couldn"t design their way out of a paper bag. I"d love to be proven wrong.

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Zuuljin said:
And yea, vangaurds biggest secret to me is WHY it doesnt run amazing. The graphics are good sure, but not SO good that they run worse then EQ2, and even EQ2 has environmental shadows! What the hell is bogging down the fps!?
Debugging code

xmod2_foh

shitlord
rinthea said:

Jesus, at least in the lower quality pic the fence doesn"t look like it"s sitting on a plastic floor with grass painted on it.

I love how all of the Vanguard fans have absolutely no argument in any of these threads and just go "yeah well, I"m having fun at least!"

p.s. Who is this Aradune faggot and why isn"t he banned?!

rinthea_foh

shitlord
I think they"re halfing starting boots. Each race gets its own "nakid" gear. That looks like them. Halflings actually look pretty good (armour makes a big difference, as it should), and uni-body has been one of the games great successes imo. VG does have some amazing images in it. Sure, I"d like it if it felt as handcrafted and detailed as WoW. But, eh, what can you do?

woqqqa_foh

shitlord
rinthea said:
I think they"re halfing starting boots. Each race gets its own "nakid" gear. That looks like them. Halflings actually look pretty good, and uni-body has been one of the games great successes imo. VG does have some amazing images in it. Sure, I"d like it if it felt as handcrafted and detailed as WoW. But, eh, what can you do?
Play a finished game. I decided on City of Heroes/Villains (got the combo pack). Loads of fun and the design doesn"t suck, either. On top of that you they"ve got the best character customization in the business.

rinthea_foh

shitlord
xmod2 said:
I love how all of the Vanguard fans have absolutely no argument in any of these threads and just go "yeah well, I"m having fun at least!"
Anyone who doesnt post "omgz erythingz in VG"z is BAD LOLZ" doesnt necessarily mean they"re fans and need to defend everything about the game, like say, they"re ego is on the line or something... Sometimes, it just seems like the people that dont really care one way or other and have some objectivity (unlike the smed ate my baby posters) are vanbois because they let you know your making stupid comparisons and criticisms because you dont know what your talking about.

kohl_foh

shitlord
Lonin said:
If Vanguard were in prison, it would be the bitch and LOTRO would be a big black guy named Bubba.

Click for full-size.

I see a lot of effective use of HDR lighting in the LoTR pics. It looks x1000 more warm and "alive" than anything I"ve seen VG do.

xmod2_foh

shitlord
kohl said:
I see a lot of effective use of HDR lighting in the LoTR pics. It looks x1000 more warm and "alive" than anything I"ve seen VG do.
The LOL part is that even the fucking halfling in the VG shot doesn"t want to be there. Just look at her face.

woqqqa_foh

shitlord
xmod2 said:
Hey, if they"re having fun, they"re welcome to it. What"s sad is those people playing the game, thinking it sucks, but hoping for it to get better because they "believe in Brad".

kcxiv_foh

shitlord
woqqqa said:
Hey, if they"re having fun, they"re welcome to it. What"s sad is those people playing the game, thinking it sucks, but hoping for it to get better because they "believe in Brad".
I dont give a damn what brad or who brad is. I like the game, because i think it has potential. It reminds me alot of old everquest. I havent had as much fun as a whole in a mmo since i first started Everquest. I tried WoW, i dispise that game, i actually hate it. I tried EQ2 same thing. I love doing the dungeons in Vanguard. They are fun. Once they get all the stupid damn bugs out of the way, and i upgrade my cpu (which i was going to do regardless of how Vanguard was). I am playing with about 10-15 of my old EQ friends. We are all having fun none of us have quit. As far as i know, none of us are planning on quitting.

I really dont know what you all want from someone that likes and plays Vanguard. I am giving my honest opinion about the game.

Anymore questions? i will be more then happy to answer.

Vaxxx_foh

shitlord
woqqqa said:
What might be even more sad is people who have zero invested into vanguard and probably never will, continually posting about how much they think vanguard sucks.

Or maybe they just want to discuss "mechanics."