Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

kohl_foh

shitlord
Draegan said:
However the gameplay sucks and it fails. Perhaps it"s changed since then. I"ll try tonight perhaps.
Weren"t people saying similar things about VG"s Beta? I am also in LOTR beta and one thing I will say is that they really seem to be trying. I was pretty amazed the first time I completed a quest, and an ingame survey popped up asking me to provide all kinds of feedback on the quest; ranging from if I felt it took too long, if the rewards were inline with difficulty of the quest, etc etc.

I was playing a human.. captain I believe. Melee type class. Nothing about the gameplay seemed terrible. They did do an awesome job with the environment I will say that.

Morderick_foh

shitlord
Twobit Whore said:
Or EQ, or EQ2, or DDO, or CoV/CoH or Star Wars Galaxies, because those all have higher average rankings.
And what does that tell us about reviews? DDO is a joke, CoV/CoH is fun, but really shallow, and SWG is a massive flop.They"re 2/5... that"s less than 50% accurrate.

Really, STFU about VG already, 2bit.

Morderick_foh

shitlord
kohl said:
I was pretty amazed the first time I completed a quest, and an ingame survey popped up asking me to provide all kinds of feedback on the quest; ranging from if I felt it took too long, if the rewards were inline with difficulty of the quest, etc etc.
As opposed to VG"s beta surveys? Did you even play the game, I wonder. I am happy you were amazed.

kohl_foh

shitlord
r.gun said:
Kohl, you keep pushing the notion that there is no content in the game and that you need to search, and search for any kind of enjoyment. But yourself, and others who have been criticizing Vanguard don"t respond to something like Nairbog"s post here...
My point with regards to the reviews was that people keep overlooking the fact that VG is still a game, and a game needs to be enjoyable from the moment you start.
People who dismiss a review because the reviewer didn"t play it for a year are missing the point of a game review. It"s a review, not a documentary. Most reviews go over what a new player might encounter, and if those first impressions are bad - the review shares that.

kohl_foh

shitlord
Morderick said:
As opposed to VG"s beta surveys? Did you even play the game, I wonder. I am happy you were amazed.
I did not beta VG. I have, however, had experience with the "released product".
If VG beta had ingame surveys that were triggered upon quest completion or dungeon exploration , kudos!! My next question would be, did anyone at Sigil read those surveys???

Morderick_foh

shitlord
Sigil read the surveys because they fixed numerous bugs that came from that feedback.

I enjoyed VG from the start and like I pointed above, who gives a shit about reviews! It"s not an indication if a game of such magnitude is crap or good if you aren"t high on the first 15 mins. DDO, SWG, etc... hello? If they can rank these games above VG...

Reviews... /laf

But in any case... even if all reviewers gave VG a note of 0/10, that doesn"t change the fact that this game is fillied with awesome content and that you are totally wrong about that.

kcxiv_foh

shitlord
kohl said:
My point with regards to the reviews was that people keep overlooking the fact that VG is still a game, and a game needs to be enjoyable from the moment you start.
People who dismiss a review because the reviewer didn"t play it for a year are missing the point of a game review. It"s a review, not a documentary. Most reviews go over what a new player might encounter, and if those first impressions are bad - the review shares that.
VG is just like ANY other mmo when you Start. you start with a gimp sword or gimp spell, you kill a few mobs for exp. IMHO, WoW and VG start off the EXACT Same way. I dont see anything thats different.

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Morderick said:
And what does that tell us about reviews? DDO is a joke, CoV/CoH is fun, but really shallow, and SWG is a massive flop.They"re 2/5... that"s less than 50% accurrate.
Oh, but you keep highlighting that glowing 81% review like it means something.

I guarantee you that if every review was 100% your tune would sing a little differently.

xmod2_foh

shitlord
Morderick said:
Funny enough, there were no quest surveys the first time I left VG beta for LOTRO stress test, but when I came back there they were!

Morderick said:
I enjoyed VG from the start and like I pointed above, who gives a shit about reviews! It"s not an indication if a game of such magnitude is crap or good if you aren"t high on the first 15 mins. DDO, SWG, etc... hello? If they can rank these games above VG...

Reviews... /laf

But in any case... even if all reviewers gave VG a note of 0/10, that doesn"t change the fact that this game is fillied with awesome content and that you are totally wrong about that.
It means to most people, that they"d prefer to play SWG and DDO to VG. So if they tried either and felt they sucked, well they prob won"t try VG. You and your other 15 mouth breathing friends here can have a fun time running for 45 minutes to meet up and fucking ride boats around an empty ocean or click on red squares to craft or whatever the fuck you do at max level. Have fun.

Most people don"t want to have to do the whole "re-roll" in an MMO thing AGAIN. The people playing VG seem like the kind who never really made it in a top end guild or have any remarkable skill. They like the idea of a game that imposes skill-less, artificial barriers so that they have a chance to excel SOMEPLACE. It"s like whenever a new server opens and you get a big influx of second-level saps who think they"ve finally found their place to shine and hang with the big boys. I"m not saying all, but jesus christ the number one thing right now that keeps me from playing VG isn"t the framerates, the content, etc. It"s that at the end of the day, even if all those things are fixed, I"d have to play a game with all of these tremendous faggots who I can"t stand.

So keep getting all bent out of shape about stupid shit, trashing wow, etc. You"re doing much more harm to the game than Ut, Twobit or Hiram could ever do (people don"t tend to listen to reason)

kcxiv_foh

shitlord
xmod2 said:
Most people don"t want to have to do the whole "re-roll" in an MMO thing AGAIN. The people playing VG seem like the kind who never really made it in a top end guild or have any remarkable skill.
Yet, there is a few top end EQ guilds playing Vanguard. I was hell actually still guilded on one of the Top eq guilds on my server. Your statement here is fucking stupid.

Nairbog_foh

shitlord
Rayne said:
They really cannot be compared. And even if they could, Vanguard would be at a serious disadvantage. Mainly because LoTRo is based on a high profile, extremely well known IP, and set in a familiar world of characters and locations true to Tolkiens works. Vanguard can make no such claim.

Remember all those fortellings of WoW doing well because of its huge following of Warcraft players? Expect something along the same lines to happen here. Now, i"m making no claims that LoTRo will experience WoW type sub numbers, but you can"t compare quantity to quality. Given the fact that LoTR is an extremely well known IP, it certainly has the potential to garner WoW type success. LoTRo will most likely be played by LoTR enthusiasts. And I can promise you this much:

That following dwarfs Vanguards by leaps and bounds.
Did you read my post at all? I"m not talking about comparing their financial success at all. I"m talking about comparing the amount, variety, and scope (New Targonor vs. Bree for example) of quality content in each game. LoTRO seems devoid of variety, like all Turbine games. (and I"ve played them all) Maybe there"s lots of neat content and dungeons out there but I haven"t seen any screens of it. Certainly there are some cool locations, but atleast half the screens are of pretty rolling hills. I browsed through the POI list on the website, and I really hope that"s out of date, because it seems very limited.

Morderick_foh

shitlord
xmod2 said:
The people playing VG seem like the kind who never really made it in a top end guild or have any remarkable skill. They like the idea of a game that imposes skill-less, artificial barriers so that they have a chance to excel SOMEPLACE.

So keep getting all bent out of shape about stupid shit, trashing wow, etc. You"re doing much more harm to the game than Ut, Twobit or Hiram could ever do (people don"t tend to listen to reason)
Yeah, lots of VG players never were in top end guilds in EQ1... hope saying that made you feel better.

First of all, I was pointing that starting gameplay in WoW and VG were exactly the same thing. One with cartoony graphics (not my style) the other not. But for some obscur hate-related reason, those 3-4 people bent over in adoration of WoW won"t admit it. Anyone playing both games can see it immediatly.

Second, I wasn"t parading those 80% scores at all. I was saying look there are 30%, 60%, 70%, 80% reviews... so much disparity that it doesn"t mean shit. I couldn"t care less if VG had all 100% or all 0% as it means shit. It"s based on some guy"s 30 mins review and his personnal taste.

Third, how am I hurtnig VG by pointing out it"s a great game filled with content and stuff for everyone?

And lastly, but most important perhaps... To all you VG haters (yeah, 2 bit, lyena, khol, etc)... :

STFU already and get out of VG threads. You keep infesting them all the time. if you don"t play the game and hate it, get out of the VG threads and post in the WoW or DaoC or whatever game you like. You don"t see me running all over the DAoC boards shouting it sucks and how I hate it and how I don"t play it.

Get out and stay out, it"s not possible to have a decent VG thread without you morons showing up with untrue crap about VG and simply making a decent thread 100+ pages long, with 90% of it being your posts saying VG sucks. STFU.

In beta is was neric and utnayan, now its you guys. Go away.

Morderick_foh

shitlord
Originally Posted by Nairbog
How about we start comparing things like the amount of unique dungeons/cities/environments in each? Classes? How about comparing the size and scale of each game? As far as I know, none of LoTRO"s cities come close to comparing to New Targonor/Pankhor Zhi/Aghram/Caial Brael/Mekalia etc. I would also be surprised if LoTRO"s dungeons were more impressive than Vanguard"s in terms of scope/mob variety/nameds etc. Since I"m not one to obsess over the artwork like many of you do, I value variety and "epicness" more.
They really cannot be compared. And even if they could, Vanguard would be at a serious disadvantage. Mainly because LoTRo is based on a high profile, extremely well known IP, and set in a familiar world of characters and locations true to Tolkiens works. Vanguard can make no such claim.
They can easily be compared.

Classes to classes, Vanguard has far more with more tactics available to them in the first 10 levels than you?d see anywhere else. LOTRO doesn?t even have any arcane type casters?! Come on, how many LOTRO fans are going to be pissed that they can?t play a Wizard? It?s one of the staple classes of fantasy because of LOTR and yet Turbine leaves it out?

Races to races, Vanguard has everything they have and more. Once again Turbine is limiting what you can play as (AC1 3 races, AC2, 3 races, DDO had 5 (?) on release) ? Humans, Hobbits, Dwarves, Elves? If you were a fan of LOTR you might have picked up Middle Earth Role-playing Game (loosely based on Rolemaster). In that system there were humans, about 15 different varieties from Rohirrim to Dunadain to Corsair. There were about 4 different flavors of Elf (they also had wizards).

For enemies the game had mainly varieties of evil humans, orcs, trolls, wraits, wights, werewolves, crebain, stats for nazghul and maybe a dragon. Not much really. How many enemies were present in LOTR? Not nearly as many as in, say, D&D?s IP.

How?d Turbine do with that (DDO)? Crappy. They implemented 5 races for release out of how many? How many classes did they release out of how many? How is the replayability in DDO?

Expect the same for LOTRO. From what I?m hearing and seeing, you?re lead by the nose through the whole game and it?s even more simple that WoW (WoW struck a decent balance between easy, but not trivial? those that think WoW is trivial, wait until you try LOTRO).

It?s going to be a poor making of a MMO based on some really good IP. Most LOTR fans will probably avoid it, those that do won?t likely last long.

Remember all those fortellings of WoW doing well because of its huge following of Warcraft players? Expect something along the same lines to happen here. Now, i"m making no claims that LoTRo will experience WoW type sub numbers, but you can"t compare quantity to quality. Given the fact that LoTR is an extremely well known IP, it certainly has the potential to garner WoW type success. LoTRo will most likely be played by LoTR enthusiasts. And I can promise you this much:

That following dwarfs Vanguards by leaps and bounds.
And remember who holds the rights to IP, Turbine. They?re the only MMO developer I know that has had to cancel a MMO (AC2). UO? Still going. EQ1? Still going. Heck, even AO which had a shitty start is still going.

So STFU about LOTRO, shill. This is a VG thread.

r.gun_foh

shitlord
While I don"t think that all of the "haters" posts are detrimental in any way (we"re here to discuss things and argue, after all) I do think shitty posts like xmods have no place here. "OMG I won"t play VG "cuz it"s full of skill-less faggots." Ok... thanks, nobody gives a shit that you"re a homophobe who doesn"t have enough common sense or skill yourself to instruct your group how to play well and what to do.

serrathen_foh

shitlord
Morderick said:
Where the fuck is the content? Cause I know there is only 1 dungeon 40-50 open currently that is not even raid enabled. Futhermore I was one of the ones testing raid content way back when and it wasn"t nearly close to done, and buggy as hell to boot. Plain and simple there is A TON of potential for content, yet currently after level 40 there is very little finished content. Oh and then we could talk about the content that is in Vanguard that is pseudo instanced / or better yet use the infamous term AES encounters.. where is all that, eh?

Plain and simple if Brad was aiming for the "core gamer" he failed... the reviews tell us that. He might have in fact just been able to capture those die hard vanboi"s.

Nairbog said:
Did you read my post at all? I"m not talking about comparing their financial success at all. I"m talking about comparing the amount, variety, and scope (New Targonor vs. Bree for example) of quality content in each game. LoTRO seems devoid of variety, like all Turbine games. (and I"ve played them all) Maybe there"s lots of neat content and dungeons out there but I haven"t seen any screens of it. Certainly there are some cool locations, but atleast half the screens are of pretty rolling hills. I browsed through the POI list on the website, and I really hope that"s out of date, because it seems very limited.
Fuck Nairbog give me a break:

By level 15, I"ve seen Snow, Hills, Forests, Cities, Swamps, Dungeons and a Savanah (Lost Lands). Not to mention all the epic mobs and have an epic line of quests I started at level 1. Where the fuck is all that in Vanguard? Also I can after level 10 go monster and play as a level 50 monster. So its not just those races. Truthfully its like 2 games in one. As far as world size goes... just imagine if Sigil did Thestra alone and actually finished the content, polished the game... still LOTRO would be better.

New Targonor? Are you kidding me? New Targonor is lacking life in every measurable way one can imagine. It is a barren wasteland of lag, and mediocrity. In sharp contrast, Bree is enormous, utterly gorgeous and full of life

Silky Venom - View Single Post - Best Graphics?

Dink Dimbwinkle
Aggro Magnet
Proud Member of Ascension

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
I always find it mildly amusing that the plurality of people yere who decry WoW as a mostly solo game and yet when asked what they enjoy about VG is that they get to hang out with their friends as if Tigole and Furor come to your house and blow your kneecaps out if you even think of hindering your XP rate by grouping in WoW or doing quests/dungeons with friends.

I mean, no shit you"re going to enjoy VG more if you group with friends all the time but solo in WoW.

And all the more fucking power to you. Half the reason to even play a fucking MMO is to chill with friends. The other half is to grief absolute strangers of course.

Kaxmax_foh

shitlord
Morderick said:
And lastly, but most important perhaps... To all you VG haters (yeah, 2 bit, lyena, khol, etc)... :

STFU already and get out of VG threads. You keep infesting them all the time. if you don"t play the game and hate it, get out of the VG threads and post in the WoW or DaoC or whatever game you like. You don"t see me running all over the DAoC boards shouting it sucks and how I hate it and how I don"t play it.
The title of the thread is "Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard?" What did you expect to find here, exactly?

Mkopec1_foh

shitlord
serrathen said:
Where the fuck is the content? Cause I know there is only 1 dungeon 40-50 open currently that is not even raid enabled. Futhermore I was one of the ones testing raid content way back when and it wasn"t nearly close to done, and buggy as hell to boot. Plain and simple there is A TON of potential for content, yet currently after level 40 there is very little finished content. Oh and then we could talk about the content that is in Vanguard that is pseudo instanced / or better yet use the infamous term AES encounters.. where is all that, eh?

Plain and simple if Brad was aiming for the "core gamer" he failed... the reviews tell us that. He might have in fact just been able to capture those die hard vanboi"s.

Fuck Nairbog give me a break:

By level 15, I"ve seen Snow, Hills, Forests, Cities, Swamps, Dungeons and a Savanah (Lost Lands). Not to mention all the epic mobs and have an epic line of quests I started at level 1. Where the fuck is all that in Vanguard? Also I can after level 10 go monster and play as a level 50 monster. So its not just those races. Truthfully its like 2 games in one. As far as world size goes... just imagine if Sigil did Thestra alone and actually finished the content, polished the game... still LOTRO would be better.

New Targonor? Are you kidding me? New Targonor is lacking life in every measurable way one can imagine. It is a barren wasteland of lag, and mediocrity. In sharp contrast, Bree is enormous, utterly gorgeous and full of life

Silky Venom - View Single Post - Best Graphics?

Dink Dimbwinkle
Aggro Magnet
Proud Member of Ascension
If you think LOTR is a better game, the discussion is moot, because clearly you have shitty taste in games.

OOOH.... THE GRAPHICS!!!!!!

Too bad the gameplay in LOTR is not there, but oh well. Have fun running your hobbit around a gorgeous world lacking in gameplay.

Cuppycake_foh

shitlord
Zehn - Vhex said:
And all the more fucking power to you. Half the reason to even play a fucking MMO is to chill with friends. The other half is to grief absolute strangers of course.
Naw 25% is to grief strangers, the other 25% is to have hot cyberz with them. Amirite?

I"m glad Morderick is posting now. There was a gaping hole for a raving Vanboi since Tad got booted, and he is filling it nicely. Thanks, Mord!

Graphic-wise, LotRO kicks the shit out of VG. Not only does it look far better, it runs better as well. The only thing VG has on that front is the armor which overall looks better.

The Gameplay for LOTR isn"t bad... it just isn"t great; it didn"t hook me in. My beta account should still be active so I"ll give it another go, but not expecting much. Though I"m sure enthusiasts will try it, I don"t see it having huge subs 6+ months after release.