Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

Rayne_foh

shitlord
woqqqa said:
I could sit back and dissect Brad"s posts one piece at a time, refuting most of his assertions, but that would have no effect on the actions of SOE and Sigil.
As true as that might be, I wouldn"t say that whats going on here will have no effect. I"ve seen this forum, and this thread in particular, mentioned on a number of development forums in the past few days. And if its discussed in that circle, you can bet its being talked about further up. I wouldn"t be surprised if this board was a regular venue for some. In fact, I highly suspect it is. Because if nothing else, this place is literally riddled with a passionate, dedicated, and highly centralized group of MMO gamers.

What better place to garner valuable, direct insight with the very audience you"re trying to cater to?

woqqqa_foh

shitlord
holymight said:
Might have failed you, but it has not failed everybody. I am having tons of fun with Vanguard. Tons of fun content to consume.
I"d say you"re in a very small minority. I"ve got to ask: what do you like about the game. It seems to me like your standard sort of grinder (EQ/WoW style) with a few extras (houses and boats) thrown in. What do you get out of it?

Greyform_foh

shitlord
Utnayan said:
I am finally unbanned.

PS: Good to be back. I cannot wait to go through McQuaid"s posts and rip them to shit and back, because I have never seen so much bullshit fluff in my life. I wouldn"t be surprised though if he never posted here again, since one of the stipulations that he came back to post was that I was banned first.
I know I would like to hear more about this...

Hope you"re well bud.

woqqqa_foh

shitlord
Rayne said:
As true as that might be, I wouldn"t say that whats going on here will have no effect. I"ve seen this forum, and this thread in particular, mentioned on a number of development forums in the past few days. And if its discussed in that circle, you can bet its being talked about further up. I wouldn"t be surprised if this board was a regular venue for some. In fact, I highly suspect it is. Because if nothing else, this place is literally riddled with a passionate, dedicated, and highly centralized group of MMO gamers.

What better place to garner valuable, direct insight with the very audience you"re trying to cater to?
Really? I"m pleasantly surprised. I"d love to think the occasional good topics that pop up here have an effect.

Whoknows_foh

shitlord
Damn, having Utanyan gone was the best thing this board did. Having him back simply makes this place more of a cesspool and I really hate what this place is becoming. His stupid rants and ravings only hurt the discussions. His obvious bias towards anything SOE, Sigil, and Brad is simply unwanted. If he at least tried to stay the same anal retentive person he is on other topics as well he wouldn"t be so obnoxious. Instead he"s nothing more than a dirtbag with a bone to pick because somehow someone who makes video games angered him by nerfing his sorry ass bag of EGO and so now he has a vendetta to trash everything and anything to do with that person and anything associated with currently or in the past with said person. I really think the mods here should rethink unbanning this sorry subject of a human being.

Rayne_foh

shitlord
holymight said:
Might have failed you, but it has not failed everybody. I am having tons of fun with Vanguard. Tons of fun content to consume.
And thats great. For you. Welcome to .01% of the genre. Unfortunately, being in that niche doesn"t evolve the genre. Seriously, its great that you"re enjoying the game. Its just unfortunate that more can"t.

holymight_foh

shitlord
Rayne said:
And thats great. For you. Welcome to .01% of the genre. Unfortunately, being in that niche doesn"t evolve the genre. Seriously, its great that you"re enjoying the game. Its just unfortunate that more can"t.
People like you will never enjoy this game no matter what they do.

Rayne_foh

shitlord
woqqqa said:
Really? I"m pleasantly surprised. I"d love to think the occasional good topics that pop up here have an effect.
Think about this for a minute:

Members of an up and coming MMO development team actually POST on this board.

You really can"t help but wonder why

holymight_foh

shitlord
woqqqa said:
I"d say you"re in a very small minority. I"ve got to ask: what do you like about the game. It seems to me like your standard sort of grinder (EQ/WoW style) with a few extras (houses and boats) thrown in. What do you get out of it?
I already answered this question before, people just ignore it because bad news is much more interesting.

Bongk_foh

shitlord
Whoknows said:
Damn, having Utanyan gone was the best thing this board did. Having him back simply makes this place more of a cesspool and I really hate what this place is becoming. His stupid rants and ravings only hurt the discussions. His obvious bias towards anything SOE, Sigil, and Brad is simply unwanted. If he at least tried to stay the same anal retentive person he is on other topics as well he wouldn"t be so obnoxious. Instead he"s nothing more than a dirtbag with a bone to pick because somehow someone who makes video games angered him by nerfing his sorry ass bag of EGO and so now he has a vendetta to trash everything and anything to do with that person and anything associated with currently or in the past with said person. I really think the mods here should rethink unbanning this sorry subject of a human being.
I would rather they banned you. The guy who doesnt like open discussion and would rather resort to personal attacks on people.

Bongk_foh

shitlord
holymight said:
Im pretty sure Utnayan is the master of personal attacks.
yea I agree. I was on the butt end of a couple of his attacks when i was a fanboi. But at least Utnayan knows where the enter key is and is more entertaining.

Am I missing something though or are you guys a member of the same guild? For guildmates you guys don"t seem to be very friendly.

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Whoknows said:
You should probably read this.What is Fascism?It"s what you are promoting. Not only that, but you are trying to allow arguably the most biased person involved in the discussion to control it.

Greyform_foh

shitlord
Whoknows said:
I don?t agree with practically anything UT has to say about VG.

I agree with this post even less.

karuden_foh

shitlord
holymight said:
Im pretty sure Utnayan is the master of personal attacks.
Hmm, interesting comment.

The only person that could really say that would be McQualude or Sigil"s clueless, never met an mmo I couldn"t screw up, producer. So which one are you?

Rayne_foh

shitlord
holymight said:
People like you will never enjoy this game no matter what they do.
So uh, what? You and all both of your friends who can actually play it in an enjoyable manner are taking a break?

Goonsquad Officer
Utnayan doesn"t so much make personal attacks on brad so much as go on personal jihads against him.

Bongk_foh

shitlord
you know what is really amazing to me. Utnayan was gone for weeks (banned) came back yesterday and made (as far as I can see) one single post and has not posted since (again that I have seen).

After 1 post in like a month people can"t shut up about the guy whether good or bad. The board has been nothing buy utnayan since his return and it hasnt been him doing it.

The guy sure sparks discussion eh? Not saying I agree with him or disagree with him, just that he makes the boards move and makes my work day go by faster. For that I love him!