Why all the nerd rage against Vanguard

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Requiem said:
There"s a big difference between fact and coincidence.WOW REALLY BRAD STARTED POSTING WHEN HE FOUND OUT YOU GOT BANNED?

My god, that"s almost like the birds singing when the sun rises. Communist bastards. They"ve got to be in on something.
So how exactly did Brad find out he got banned?

Requiem_foh

shitlord
Wild guess, maybe from his user title on any one of the 1600 posts he"s made here? Who even knows if that"s why he "started posting again".

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Hmm well, that would imply that Brad monitors Ut"s status as he hadn"t posted in this thread for who knows how long before Brad showed up. I"m not accusing you of a conspiracy, and tbh the uberguild network means nothing to me. This is a MMO gaming forum and that"s all I view it as. Your money is your money and whether you make a buck or a million means zilch to me. I just find it odd, like some others, that it was such a coincidence. I saw nothing prior to Ut"s banning that came close to his previous antics that weren"t punished.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Requiem said:
There"s a big difference between fact and coincidence.
You are really going to throw up the coincidence card here?

You want the timeline? From a VERY trusted source, and no, Ravenn, it isn"t a disgruntled ex employee like your friends at sigil have told you. It"s someone working there NOW.

Here it is, in a nice easy to read format:

Why doesn"t Brad have his own forums? Because he can direct the traffic to fan sites with ad streaming revenue and make money off it if he has a vested interest.

A shitton of Vanguard threads (Some of which now that have been outright deleted) posting about negative experiences of Vanguard were rickshawed.

I posted some relatively VERY tame facts about how the post 35+ game is not even finished yet, with most of it not even coming until mid april when they plan their 2nd art asset patch, because even the art for most of these areas isn"t even fucking done yet.

Rav tells me too cool it and stay out of VG threads.

I PM"d her back. Here is what I wrote.

WHAT?? You have to be kidding me? The game is a fucking shitheap that should have never been released. Is this a place where people can state their opinion or is it now a glorified ad site to attract dollars?

This is fucking ridiculous.

Nothing about this game is even worth a damn thread. The 40+ content isn"t even IN THE GAME. The bugs are atrocious. You have people here who work for the company saying the game is quality and posing as actual users. How about we shut those retards down and start using this site to bring in quality posters who can express their opinion without some red handed hammer coming down because this place has turned into a glorfied revenue stream.

I just got a PM from a guy who works at Microsoft. Want to read it?

Here it is.

"I"ve been lurking on this forum for years. Since I work in the games biz I never felt right posting, but it is a great way to gauge the pulse of the MMO hardcore. I was on the MS side of the VG trainwreck and I have to congradulate you for getting to the core issues. So much so, that I think you must work for someone who makes games.

In any event, Sigil couldn"t hit a milestone that they defined themselves, let alone one we asked them to hit. And the responsibility for that lays firmly at the feet of the annointed (read Brad for cultivating the "we made EQ so shut the fuck up" culture and Jeff for being a world class enabler and inept project manager).

For 15 years I"ve made great, successful, critically acclaimed games and I"ve never encountered a developer more arrogant, dismissive, and incompetent at the same time. Thank god for folks like you who tell it how it is when NDAs prevent those in the know from sharing our insights."

Show that to the powers at be like Tyen the wonder wallet and let me know whats more important.
After this I was banned. I couldn"t even access my PM"s.

Brad immediately goes on a posting tirade with more fluff than a pile of down comforters stacked 70 miles, all leaking with flat out conjecture, spin, and lies.

I get unbanned.

Brad vanishes.

You, of course and I wouldn"t blame you, have a vested interest in traffic here. Developers threatening to pull the plug on posting here, which has been threatened by Rav"s friends many times in the past - she has told me about this - (For example, when I would post something under NDA, yet workers for Sigil would break NDA with positive and not take the negative and try to get me banned because they were friends with her). Kudos to her however. Because she told them to stick it.

For a while.

Why did that tune change? At the same time negative VG threads were getting rickshawed, I got banned, McQuaid starts posting en masse, and grassroots was flying around here like mad?

Coincidence my ass.

xregg_foh

shitlord
Utnayan said:
You want facts? Try the fact that as soon as I was banned, McQuaid started posting here agan. Until that happened, he was no where near to be found.

More facts? Ravenn"s last PM to me before I was banned when I was being MORE than civil in any VG discussion thread. In fact, I usually just stayed out of them, until I saw more BS and would have to say something. For instance, pointing out that NONE Of the 40+ content was going to be itemized, half itemized, or just not in the game yet. Here is the PM I got after that post.

I sent a PM back asking what the hell was going on. Now up to this point, and don"t play this game with me, you"ll lose.

From here on out I was told that the reason why McQuaid didn"t host his own forum was because of this venture. A little side cash job. If that isn"t the case, then how the hell did I get banned, and McQuaid immediately posts after I am done here in a posting PR tirade - simply because he knows full damn well Utnayan will not be here breathing down his neck calling his lies out on the carpet.

MS dumped this shitpile of a game. Not the other way around. SOE picked it up because of the all access pass - without it, this game wouldbe exactly where it should be - vaporland.

Now if you need to, go ahead and start asking who the hell at Sigil has a vested interest in shutting me up because I know too much about the entire situation they were in -- and you can start there. Until then, I am going on what I know.

Edit: And holymight, don"t start with me or I will post the PM you got from Nino.
Maybe the real facts are your sense of self worth is way too high and you have made up some odd theory in your head that Brad is out to shut you down.

Requiem_foh

shitlord
Ok, so I"m lying then? Brad is making a nice phat cut of my 15 dollars a month for his relatively insignificant -that"s right, insignificant- spikes in the traffic on one site on this network? Do you seriously think that Brad can say anything that compares with Death and Taxes killing something first or Sigil deciding to take every server down without in-game notice at 6pm on a weekday? EL OH EL. I suppose that he"s also using his powers of persuasion to force his affiliate and fansites on to the Uberguilds Network so he can buy a pack of smokes every month and tweak his nipples too, right? They aren"t all flocking to the Uberguilds Network for the free hosting that can actually handle events like I mentioned above and the ad policy that"s in-line with the requirements of their affiliate status? Them giving Vanguardspheres.com the official Test Server forums instead of vanguardservers.com was simply a thinly-veiled move to provide us with plausible deniability. *nod* SHIT YOU FIGURED US OUT

And, let"s just assume that you were actually banned because of some sekrit shit between Ravvenn and somebody at Sigil - During the conversation I had with her before I originally posted, I made it very clear that I will tolerate no such thing, and said that her and I had major problems if I find out that"s the case.

(15:32) me: is there something i don"t know about?
(15:32) me: is there any truth to that comment?
(15:32) her: No
(15:32) me: cause if there is then we have some problems
(15:34) me: fohguild.org isn"t the corporate interest playground
(15:34) me: no matter who you know and talk to
(15:34) me: and i run the website
(15:35) me: i"m not gonna have blizzard or sigil excersiing any sort of power over fohguild.org and making the uberguilds network look bad

xmod2_foh

shitlord
This entire thread is amazing.

Also, Req, Ut. Don"t fight you guys.

Damm women always getting in between bros :"(

ps. I gotta admit that the supposed MS guy summed up a lot of my suspicions pretty accurately. lol

Maxxius_foh

shitlord
UT, please take my advice here, you really aren"t making any case for your "argument." It is beyond belief that it would even be true, Brad would have to be the most shallow, vindictive, petty person on the planet. Yeah I think he is a used car salesman who just spins, but I just can"t believe he would refuse to post unless you got banned.

Absolutely has to be coincidence because there are plenty of other posters, myself included, that always take Brad to task anyways. So whether you are banned or not really doesn"t stop the criticism.

I do admit I find it amusing on how many times you have been banned and unbanned on this forum, but you really need to let this particular issue drop.

so utnayen gets a message from random_user#1201 who happens to work for MS and be a top line games developer with acclaimed titles under their belt who shit talks with the best soit must all be true...

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Requiem said:
And, let"s just assume that you were actually banned because of some sekrit shit between Ravvenn and somebody at Sigil - During the conversation I had with her before I originally posted, I made it very clear that I will tolerate no such thing, and said that her and I had major problems if I find out that"s the case.
If that is the case, and you do not know about it, whether it was her or someone else, yes you do have some problems.

You are an intelligent guy. Do the math on this.

And come on. This site gets more traffic than most any other MMORPG forum and you know it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Andric d"Regor said:
so utnayen gets a message from random_user#1201 who happens to work for MS and be a top line games developer with acclaimed titles under their belt who shit talks with the best soit must all be true...
If you even knew 10% of the people in this industry you would find this is pretty much public knowledge at this point on what a lot of games developers think of this guy.

Even SOE people cannot stand the guy.

Requiem_foh

shitlord
Problems that are easily fixed. The solution can be measured in mouseclicks, and counted just with the use of the fingers on two hands.

However, I don"t buy any of it. You spew random shit hoping to hit your mark on one of them. So far aparently Tyen is funding the Uberguilds Network, Brad is posting on fohguild.org and getting a cut of our leet moneys, fohguild.org is the largest site on the Uberguilds Network let alone the MMO industry(anybody heard of silkyvenom.com, the actual vanguard affiliate site where you can go to read about 50x as much negative shit about Vanguard as you can here, and happens to be much larger than fohguild.org at this moment in terms of page views and reach?), Brad said that he wouldn"t post here unless YOU got banned, the Uberguilds Network is making money at all and quite a bit of it too aparently, hell I don"t even know what else. You say all of this outlandish shit that is just outright wrong, and now you"re clinging to the only thing that"s left, which is purely circumstantial, and arguing that since it was the best thing that your net dragged in?

"I know that all that other shit was wrong, but Cmon dude... I know you can smell the conspiracy here"

Now that"s a strong position.

Please... You do the math dude.

keflex_foh

shitlord
Fucking christ, Ut, i"ve read your tirades (and enjoyed them the first 10 times... the next 1,000,000... not so much...) but you seriously have a goddamned head full of conspiracy theories if you think FoH, possibly the only forum on this planet that would"ve let you preach so much "anti-VG, anti-Brad" drivel, suddenly banned you because of shadowy corporate interests.

You have officially become that crazy homeless guy screaming on the streetcorner that "they"re everywhere AND THEY"RE WATCHING YOU!!!".

Well, even more so than before.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Requiem said:
Problems that are easily fixed. The solution can be measured in mouseclicks, and counted just with the use of the fingers on two hands.

However, I don"t buy any of it. You spew random shit hoping to hit your mark on one of them. So far aparently Tyen is funding the Uberguilds Network, Brad is posting on fohguild.org and getting a cut of our leet moneys, fohguild.org is the largest site on the Uberguilds Network, let alone the MMO industry(anybody heard of silkyvenom.com, the actual vanguard affiliate site where you can go to read about 50x as much negative shit about Vanguard as you can here, and happens to be much larger than fohguild.org at this moment in terms of page views and reach?), Brad said that he wouldn"t post here unless YOU got banned, hell I don"t even know what else. You say all of this outlandish shit that is just outright wrong, and now you"re clinging to the only thing that"s left, which is purely circumstantial, and arguing that since it was the best thing that your net dragged in?

Please... You do the math dude.
The fact is you have a vested interest in making sure that shit doesn"t get to the top of the water - IF you know about it in the first place. Tyen is tied into Silky Venom hard core. Christ, Silky Venom was the name of the damn sigil employee guild.

You need a fucking calculator.

Requiem_foh

shitlord
And again with the net... Tyen has absolutely nothing to do with silky venom.
Less than nothing.
I think he gave Nolaquen my aim name when they needed new hosting after preaching the gospel of the Uberguilds Network to them, which is ALL that Tyen does for the Uberguilds Network aside from his projects like vanguardservers.com.

And, uh, what??? If Silky Venom is a sigil employee guild, then why does their forum make this one look tame in terms of bashing vanguard?

BTW, I"m master of the ninjaedits, sorry.

Digits_foh

shitlord
Just when I was getting over my spats with Utnayan while Vanguard was in beta I see that his gigantic ego has somehow managed to log back into foh boards and claim a grand conspiracy against him plotted by wicked and corrupt men. I have never given the notion of e-penis much thought, because I always associated it with raiding people and their gear, but this latest bout of insanity just floors me. This isn"t even about Vanguard or Brad McQuaid or mmos or anything that this board ought to be interested in. The past few pages of this thread have been solely about Utnayan and his god damn necessity to use these boards as a means to inflate his ego.

"I called out Sony on its bullshit, McQuaid is a bastard (Oh, I agree), and don"t forget the time that I saw SWG was a complete mess and said as much! No one else did that shit!"

It wouldn"t surprise me to find that Utnayan gets more added to his existence from these boards than Req does. This latest spout about an industry spanning conspiracy to silence him from speaking the truth, that being Vanguard was released unfinished (!!!), is equal parts amusing and infuriating.

Hey, Ut, you were probably banned because you"re a caustic mess of vitriol with absolutely no charm who tries far too hard to be Furor. Brad stopped responding to threads because it created almost pure negative reaction to him, as it should be with the state of his game, and he has always come and gone at his own whim.

Edit: Silky Venom as a guild was the unofficial employee tag in beta. Silky Venom as a guild, however, also ceased existing as a cogent entity at least half a year ago. That lawyer guy who posted here all the time from Sigil headed it, if I recall right, and it wouldn"t surprise me if he ran the website as well considering his dangerous obsession with mmos.

woqqqa_foh

shitlord
Utnayan said:
The fact is you have a vested interest in making sure that shit doesn"t get to the top of the water - IF you know about it in the first place. Tyen is tied into Silky Venom hard core. Christ, Silky Venom was the name of the damn sigil employee guild.

You need a fucking calculator.
Here"s a question, assuming you"re here to talk as well as rant. A lot of what you"re saying about Brad and his reputation in the industry sounds fairly believable. Seeing as I know jack shit about the MMO industry, care to point me to some developer-frequented sites that might back up your assertions about the opinion of VG in the industry at large? (Even if they do so in somewhat more diplomatic ways than you do)

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Requiem said:
And, uh, what??? If Silky Venom is a sigil employee guild, then why does their forum make this one look tame in terms of bashing vanguard?

BTW, I"m master of the ninjaedits, sorry.
Silky Venom was the guild that nearly all the devs play characters were in. In fact, I believe you could find a bunch of beta screenshots with Brad"s character with the tag.