Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Wicked Part 1 (2024)

Tagline: Defy expectations.

Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Romance

Director: Jon M. Chu

Cast: Cynthia Erivo, Ariana Grande, Jonathan Bailey, Jeff Goldblum, Michelle Yeoh, Ethan Slater, Marissa Bode, Bowen Yang, Bronwyn James, Keala Settle, Aaron Teoh, Colin Michael Carmichael, Adam James, Jonathan Sparrow, Ricardo Ludgero Souza

Release: 2024-11-27

Plot: Wicked tells the story of Elphaba, the future Wicked Witch of the West and her relationship with Glinda, the Good Witch of the North. The first of a two-part feature film adaptation of the Broadway musical.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Book is absolutely fantastic.
I have zero interest in seeing this. Hate musicals.

spronk

FPS noob

hahaha "shiz university"

could say mean things about the green chick but i guess boys have shrek and now girls have ugly she hulk

this shit is gonna be bigger than frozen, bitches love wicked

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

It will make tons of money

Why did they make her black? I mean well she is green, but...whatever who cares.

It will make as much green as she is green.

the musical plot is kinda odd, she really does kinda always screw up things...she cannot /really/ control her powers properly - hence the tinman and stuff but..whatever..

It could be worse, I am sure.

Edit: not who cares... they made her a black actress for a reason, they can deny it all they want but it is a pointed reason. okay done I guess for now

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

hahaha "shiz university"

could say mean things about the green chick but i guess boys have shrek and now girls have ugly she hulk

this shit is gonna be bigger than frozen, bitches love wicked
More like jizz university...

I'm assuming that's the joke you were trying to make.

Caliane

it was Shiz U in the play as well.

and yeah, making her black adds a ton of bullshit that was not in the play at all. 100% intentional.

and of course yes, should have been made 15 years ago. the, "villain was secretly the victim and really a good girl" is so tired and played out at this point its going to suck. It even goes so far as to give backstories to the tin man, lion, and scarecrow. all of which actually are friends of hers, so each should recognize each other. its very much an "alt history" OZ, not a secret history of oz that fits into the canon.

I don't think I'd hazard a guess on boxoffice. musicals don't do that well usually. its not Disney. it does feature that villainous girl power theme and storyline.

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database