Wii U and 3DS jailbreak

spronk

FPS noob
you still don't have freeshop loading the correct title key files probably. run freeshop (should be version 2.2, download from freeShop if its not) click the little gear icon on the top right, go to Updates tab, and make sure it matches

checked auto-update title keys from URL
click keyboard and type into URL field:
https:// (nospace) 3ds. (nospace) titlekeys. (nospace) com/ (nospace) downloadenc
i put in (nospace) to not make this searchable but obviously no spaces, just remove that and the spaces if you paste it into a browser it should download a file called encTitleKeys.bin, make sure you get that file first in a browser before putting into your 3DS
check auto update freeshop

It should download v48 of the title keys and then you should be ok. Make sure regions are matching, while you can run any region game with the CFW maybe try downloading your own region games first.

I was fooling around with my vita today morning, haven't really turned it on in 18 months but apparently as long as you have 3.60 or below FW you can install henkaku, then the VPK maiDumpTool, and install any game you want as well. Do NOT update to the latest firmware, it will break.
Discussion of things related to piracy on the ps vita • r/VitaPiracy

Sony is not anywhere NEARLY as forgiving as Nintendo is how ignorant/lazy they are, any sniff that you are running CFW on a vita and your PSN account gets banned and you lose all your ps4/ps3 games too, so I'm much more reluctant to do anything with it. I have henkaku running but I have wifi turned off, system updates and PSN auto login turned off, and every time I want to run henkaku I have to turn wifi on again and use the browser to load the exploit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
you still don't have freeshop loading the correct title key files probably. run freeshop (should be version 2.2, download from freeShop if its not) click the little gear icon on the top right, go to Updates tab, and make sure it matches

checked auto-update title keys from URL
click keyboard and type into URL field:
https:// (nospace) 3ds. (nospace) titlekeys. (nospace) com/ (nospace) downloadenc
i put in (nospace) to not make this searchable but obviously no spaces, just remove that and the spaces if you paste it into a browser it should download a file called encTitleKeys.bin, make sure you get that file first in a browser before putting into your 3DS
check auto update freeshop

It should download v48 of the title keys and then you should be ok. Make sure regions are matching, while you can run any region game with the CFW maybe try downloading your own region games first.

Whelp, that did it! This is amazing. Thanks bro!

Siliconemelons

How do i patch my zelda botw on my wiiu? just go and download (the patch) and install it just like the game initially?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I think I'm going to jail break my 3DS. Back to page one for me. I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: Well fuck, so much for that. Ver. 11.3.0-36U.

I haven't updated software on this thing in over a year, yet somehow I now have the latest.

Last edited:

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally got my NFC tags from China. Suprisingly easy to make amiibos with an android phone/tablet. Made all the Zelda amiibos and then my daughter decided what she wanted. 27 dollars for the tags and currently made 25-30 amiibos. Still got about 25 unused tags.

I looked at the rewritable options, but its super simple with ntag215 + an android phone. Really recommend it.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I think I'm going to jail break my 3DS. Back to page one for me. I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: Well fuck, so much for that. Ver. 11.3.0-36U.

I haven't updated software on this thing in over a year, yet somehow I now have the latest.

I have this strange feeling that Nintendo can do Ninja updates on 3ds now, I didn't have my N3DS on at all for the past 6months, but my friends that has been sitting in sleep mode I can't crack it, updated for some odd reason.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So I'm thinking of getting a 3DS and jailbreaking it. I was wondering what you guys would recommend I get to make sure I get one that can still be jailbroken.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Buy it somewhere you can either verify that it's the correct (lower than 11.3) firmware before paying, or be able to return it easily if that's not possible.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It's easy too check system version in the 3DS, Open "Settings" menu and it shows the System Version on the upper screen, just make sure it's below 11.3(11.4 most current version)

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
pretty sure all 3DS's ship with 11.2 and will for a while since they probably don't even manufacture new ones. just don't auto update the firmware when you turn it on, in fact don't set up internet at all until you turn off auto updates and follow the early checklist of the jailbreak guide. Its really simple to do and you'll be able to download every game once its done.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I have had Zelda have to patch each time I try to play on my jail broken Wii U. It's a downloaded and installed copy with the first patch.

This confuses me since I haven't set up an internet connection since the initial update. I deleted the connection from my OS on the unit and the RedNAND OS on my card. What is going on? Tried googling and reading but I guess this is unique. Just started this past week. I don't think Nintendo can update without a connection installed, right? There ain't some secret 4G crap. Sounds like I should probably install the 1.2 Zelda update soon.

I guess I'll go ahead and block Nintendo's servers. We aren't playing online. It's most local Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, and Mario Maker.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Decided to take my chances and grabbed a new 3DS XL after work. Got a galaxy edition and it came with 11.2.0-35U. I didn't set up wifi and will jailbreak it at work tonight if I have time.

I figure I'll start with Bravely Default and Fire Emblem once I'm up and running. Any other games you guys would rate as must plays?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Still didn't work bros. Said "invalid title key" when I tried Xenoblade Chronicles.
Edit: oops, didn't read far enough that you had fixed your problem already. Grats!

After you scanned the qr code on the key website, it had all the games available for download? Downloaded xeno, tried running it and that's where you get the error?

It was confusing to me at first because the jailbreak instructions lead you to how to create or get keys for the games you already own. So nothing was working for me, until I figured out the key site, and it's qr code.

Last edited:

Aorin

Molten Core Raider
So I have had Zelda have to patch each time I try to play on my jail broken Wii U. It's a downloaded and installed copy with the first patch.

This confuses me since I haven't set up an internet connection since the initial update. I deleted the connection from my OS on the unit and the RedNAND OS on my card. What is going on? Tried googling and reading but I guess this is unique. Just started this past week. I don't think Nintendo can update without a connection installed, right? There ain't some secret 4G crap. Sounds like I should probably install the 1.2 Zelda update soon.

I guess I'll go ahead and block Nintendo's servers. We aren't playing online. It's most local Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, and Mario Maker.

Mine is doing this as well...I too deleted the connection. I am pretty sure I deleted it from both the real nand and the RedNAND and I am coldbooting mocha.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
And I decided to stay up and jailbreak the damn thing. Work is going to suck tonight if I'm busy. Fuck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

when you block the nintendo servers via the DNS entry (using the DNS entries the guide suggests) you still can play multiplayer, it just blocks system and game updates. MP works just fine.

I haven't heard of the problem you are having with zelda patch running every boot, sounds like the install is messed up. may wanna just delete the install and re-install both the game and the latest update together. alternatively, let the game update run and then restart the system into normal and then mocha, just to make sure both recognize zelda update is installed.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So I've had a little time to test things out at work and it all seems to be working fine. Freeshop is working and downloading stuff just fine. I skipped updating from 11.2 for now. Is there any particular reason to update or not to update at this point? Anything else I should install to get the most out of this?

Thank god I can do my job while half asleep.