Wild West Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Looks interesting. I'll try/buy it if/when it ever gets launched and as usual, would never back a kickstarter campaign unless I was given royalties for my investment. Kickstart is still the ultimate sham. Take a risk and make a game. Success comes when you fear from your own financial losses/risk, not others.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I can see the quest now...

Hail Colonel Tiberius
CT says: "Oh hello Biggusdickus, looking for work?"
You say: I am "Looking for work"
CT says: "Excellent! I need a scout like you to take these blankets to the local savages"

And the rest is history.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I was watching a twitch stream and he said that this is the same company/people that did the war z infestatio game and this is just probably a cash grab. When I get home from work I will see if I can find that vod.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Foregoes Kickstarter and Steam Early Access only to sell it directly through their website.

Perfectly normal, nothing suspicious to see here.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was watching a twitch stream and he said that this is the same company/people that did the war z infestatio game and this is just probably a cash grab. When I get home from work I will see if I can find that vod.

They've licensed the Nightshade game engine from the War Z devs, but they're supposedly not involved in any other way.

Foregoes Kickstarter and Steam Early Access only to sell it directly through their website.

Perfectly normal, nothing suspicious to see here.

Have to give them some credit, atleast their early access refund policy for early access seems pretty good:

We offer unconditional refunds. As a team, we all agreed that it's unfair to get caught up in the hype of a new game and end up getting burned. We do not want you to feel like they bought into a game that isn't what you hoped for.

So, up until the second phase of Alpha testing, we'll let you refund your early bird purchase with no questions asked. This gives you a chance to play the Alpha yourself, and opt-out if you think the game won't develop into the game you wanted. There are no restrictions on amount of time you have played, and there are no limits on how long you owned the game -- so long as you decide before the second phase of Alpha Testing starts you will be granted a full refund.

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If you're just a scam artist you can set any return policy you want, the whole thing is a scam.

I don't understand why this setting would be a good MMO. It just seems like it'd be super bland.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
If you're just a scam artist you can set any return policy you want, the whole thing is a scam.

I don't understand why this setting would be a good MMO. It just seems like it'd be super bland.
shit the setting is what makes me want to even give this game a chance. I dont know about you but i had a hell of a time in Red Dead because of the setting.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Something about a Wild West MMO screams that it wouldnt do well anyways. The creator and the creators "connections" are just icing on the cake.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Something about a Wild West MMO screams that it wouldnt do well anyways. The creator and the creators "connections" are just icing on the cake.

Really? I think Wild West is a great setting that's not nearly explored enough.

But yeah, this is looking like it's going to be a turd.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Really? I think Wild West is a great setting that's not nearly explored enough.

But yeah, this is looking like it's going to be a turd.

Ok so like you collect different horses and clothes and you can choose between shotgun rifle and revolver? I don't see a ton of depth here unless you get into like heavy SWG style crafting/community shit and let people start railroads and build towns.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ok so like you collect different horses and clothes and you can choose between shotgun rifle and revolver? I don't see a ton of depth here unless you get into like heavy SWG style crafting/community shit and let people start railroads and build towns.

There's tons of ways it could be handled. I don't see how it couldn't be done in the same way as any other MMORPG.

There's plenty of options for variety, including use of Native characters/weaponry. And hell, it doesn't even have to be a strict Wild West game, could include fantasy/magic elements into the setting (magic sharpshooters, etc).