Wildermyth

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Started this up with the kid, made the character selections kind of quick so he didn’t ask what a man attracted to men was, or non-binary gender. That being an option just made me not want to play.

Started it up and the first few sentences was talking about how the character hoped he’d find the other two with their clothes on this time. Skipped over it quickly so he didn’t even really see it but it was enough I decided to just scrap the idea of playing it with him. Refunded it. I’m not sure how long he’d stay interested with how much text there is anyways. Maybe some day in the future, idk.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
does this game allow modding?

Debating getting it and just modding out all the SJW stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Seriously? The same sex shit is so fucking minor in this game and more or less optional. The attraction for new character creation also defaults to opposite gender typically. The only purpose relationships in the game even serve is tactically it can be good to pair a tank and a ranger/caster as romantic partners, so if the tank gets hit the damage dealer gets lover's revenge damage bonus. And sometimes they get married and have a kid when you get to the 3rd or 4th chapter and the class of the kid usually matches one of the parents. But to answer your question, there is mod support. I've never tried it, though.

I havent played in a couple weeks, but I got one of my warriors to level 5 legacy. They're a damned beast. Paladin + untouchable + riposte is such a dirty, dirty combo. They can pretty much solo packs of melee mobs. Only time I got fucked was on the final mission for the mothman story - the queen used charm on that warrior and she almost killed my party. Fortunately the person they went after had a massive HP pool and survived with like 3 HP lol.

Pass-through shot + quelling moss is another nice combo for rangers.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Seriously? The same sex shit is so fucking minor in this game and more or less optional. The attraction for new character creation also defaults to opposite gender typically. The only purpose relationships in the game even serve is tactically it can be good to pair a tank and a ranger/caster as romantic partners, so if the tank gets hit the damage dealer gets lover's revenge damage bonus. And sometimes they get married and have a kid when you get to the 3rd or 4th chapter and the class of the kid usually matches one of the parents. But to answer your question, there is mod support. I've never tried it, though.

I havent played in a couple weeks, but I got one of my warriors to level 5 legacy. They're a damned beast. Paladin + untouchable + riposte is such a dirty, dirty combo. They can pretty much solo packs of melee mobs. Only time I got fucked was on the final mission for the mothman story - the queen used charm on that warrior and she almost killed my party. Fortunately the person they went after had a massive HP pool and survived with like 3 HP lol.

Pass-through shot + quelling moss is another nice combo for rangers.

Yeah it isn't just about wanting to remove gay and lesbian things but all the shit that also comes with it.

Stuff like watching "Free Guy" the movie, it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with SJWism but dear god the movie is filled with subtle comments through the whole thing.

I would LOVE to play a game with my kid where he isn't gunna be hammered for being white or male or straight. Maybe it's not worth my time to mod out the SJWism and the adult themes.

Basically I'm looking for a more advanced version of "For the King" that I can play alongside my kid.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it isn't just about wanting to remove gay and lesbian things but all the shit that also comes with it.

Stuff like watching "Free Guy" the movie, it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with SJWism but dear god the movie is filled with subtle comments through the whole thing.

I would LOVE to play a game with my kid where he isn't gunna be hammered for being white or male or straight. Maybe it's not worth my time to mod out the SJWism and the adult themes.

Basically I'm looking for a more advanced version of "For the King" that I can play alongside my kid.
Yeah if my kid were like eight to ten years old and knew what sex and relationships and gay even are I may have kept going. He’s six and I’m not having those conversations with him during a video game though.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah if my kid were like eight to ten years old and knew what sex and relationships and gay even are I may have kept going. He’s six and I’m not having those conversations with him during a video game though.

Yeah, if things were a simple gender slider, I wouldn't give a shit.

The sad part is that they don't know how to write subtly, it's typically like. "OH YOU ARE A WHITE MALE? ARE YOU STRAIGHT TOO?!?! HAHAHA"

It SEEMS like if I mod, I would make "Sex" binary in the game and remove the "Romance" options.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, if things were a simple gender slider, I wouldn't give a shit.

The sad part is that they don't know how to write subtly, it's typically like. "OH YOU ARE A WHITE MALE? ARE YOU STRAIGHT TOO?!?! HAHAHA"

It SEEMS like if I mod, I would make "Sex" binary in the game and remove the "Romance" options.
It is a gender slider at the beginning. You can select what sex everyone is and what sex they are attracted to. I never got to the romance options, it made a sex (straight, because of the options I picked) joke in the writing right off the bat and I decided to stop. I figured if it starts out with jokes like that there would be a lot. I may be wrong about how often it happens but I don’t care, we have other games to play.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

The "romance" options in the game are pretty tame. There is some PG rated dialogue that pops up in some of the cut scenes and that's it.

Only a couple of the campaigns start with a possible romance thing, usually it lets you pick rival/friend/romance person and that's it - some of the later scenes will maybe mention it, and they might have a kid appear 20+ years in.

• 1Like

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Also - Lover / Rival are positional buffs in the game. Lover's vengeance is +dmg against enemies that have damaged the partner. Rival I think increases chance to "crit". Outdoing the other.

Its all very opt in. You can completely power game it or roleplay it. I understand not playing it with a kid. In general I would say there is some dark topical material despite the color palette away from the limited role of actual romantic dialog.

The presentation is very mute.

I've put quite a few hours in, its a quality game with some depth.

• 1Like