Windows 8

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I like how the Windows 8 commercial tells me "YOU CAN LISTEN TO PANDORA AND WORK ON EXCEL SPREADSHEETS AT THE SAME TIME!" Wow, thanks! A feature that has been available since forever. NOT BUYING :insert grumpy cat:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Really? That feature has been available on tablets since forever? Because that's what they're comparing, a Windows 8 tablet to an iPad.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nowhere in the commercial did it explicitly state "on tablets". Although I understand your point and realize that is probably a key selling feature I guess, they weren't trying to limit that as a selling feature on just tablets. Just admit it's a shit OS for a shit niche product that in a few years no one will want.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's pretty sad that the leaked picture of the Start button was the top news story yesterday on almost all the tech websites/blogs. It doesn't even bring up a start menu. <3 Start8!

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Heh, it is funny this is news. There is already a Start button, it just conveniently hides itself away when you don't need it, and is there when you do.

That being said, I am looking forward to some of the actual improvements.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Heh, it is funny this is news. There is already a Start button, it just conveniently hides itself away when you don't need it, and is there when you do.

That being said, I am looking forward to some of the actual improvements.
You mean the one that opens the start screen? Fuuuuuuuuuu
biggrin.png

Until 8.1 is released and unfucks itself:
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33642_7...-in-windows-8/

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nothing wrong with the start screen once you figure out that it's the same fucking thing as the start menu. Adding the start button back the the task bar only helps functional retards do what can already be done.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Nothing wrong with the start screen once you figure out that it's the same fucking thing as the start menu. Adding the start button back the the task bar only helps functional retards do what can already be done.
Yes, and metro apps are functional outside metro without 3rd party apps, oh wait
wink.png

In all seriousness, the current start window is too bloated outside touch screen / tablets. Can't wait for 8.1 to unscrew the abomination.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Who said anything about metro apps? I took all the "apps" off my win8 installation months ago. We are talking about the start screen, which is just the start menu, but bigger.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Who said anything about metro apps? I took all the "apps" off my win8 installation months ago. We are talking about the start screen, which is just the start menu, but bigger.
Which is in part why it sucks. But sure, let's only focus on the customization that fits your argument, not what everyone else experiences out of the box
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Zodiac is a windows 8 hipster. Insists its awesome, we just don't know how to use it.

I've vented before about the abomination that is Windows 8, including declaring it worse then Vista. And now the largest software company in the world is doing a huge about face on their "new direction" because of public and OEM pressure. But he's totally right, it's all us. Windows 8 is brilliant.
rolleyes.png

rolleyes.png

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Huge about-face? The changes are not that huge, they're nothing more than expected usability upgrades like any other OS would have. Many of the changes are much needed and probably coming too late, but it's not like MS is changing their overall vision here.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I am sad that Windows 8 makes me appreciate apple PCs a little more.

Fuck you windows 8.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Where is the huge about face? The start screen is still here and they have added an icon where you could already click to launch said start screen. Yeah, "metro" apps and how you interact with them suck - which is why I don't use them. Other than said apps Win8 programs runexactlylike Win7.