Wine and How to Impress.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
^ I was just coming to this thread to ask about a good port to try. The dude at my local wine shop recommended one and it tasted like cough syrup.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Was prolly stolen from noodles fav restaurant, then.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Try the $18.99 Tawny Porto, I think it is the 10 year, if you have a Trader Joes near you. Port is just fortified wine, so I am told. It does not mess with my acid reflux though and I can sip it all night and carry a buzz for hours, which helps at my wife's coworker parties.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been drinking a lot of Reserva or Grand Reserva Rioja's recently. Great deal for the quality, in my opinion.

Do you have any recommendations for finding value in Bordeaux, specifically, or France in general? I know enough about Italian wine that I can usually ferret out a decent bottle without paying through the nose, but I've found learning French wine to be pretty unapproachable, especially when it comes to value.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck Bordeaux. Burgundy is where the nice French wine is. Lots of small vineyards though, so it is a complete crapshoot. Echezeaux Grand Cru has some nice ones.

I agree with Deruvian Deruvian that Gran Reserva Rioja has some good bang for buck!

I have been hooked on New Zealand Sav Blancs since my trip a couple years ago. $10 at the vineyard there translates to nearly $30 back stateside though. =X

Best wine I ever had was a '96 Château Margaux. It was expensive, but at that moment you realize there really is a whole other level of wine in the world. God tier.

Tinycoffin

Trakanon Raider
I use to live in NZ about 10 years ago Home was my favorite. In general Napier/Hastings area is way overlooked by people awesome place to visit.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I use to live in NZ about 10 years ago Home was my favorite. In general Napier/Hastings area is way overlooked by people awesome place to visit.

No idea why you would ever leave there. If you are even slightly outdoorsy, the country is heaven. I spent about 3 weeks on the south island. Stunning!

/derail

Tinycoffin

Trakanon Raider
No idea why you would ever leave there. If you are even slightly outdoorsy, the country is heaven. I spent about 3 weeks on the south island. Stunning!

/derail
Trust me would have loved to stay but I was still fairly young and couldn't get my visa extended to stay. Totally on my radar though when all the old people in my life pass away. Something around the Mt. Taranaki area would be tits.

Black_Death

Golden Knight of the Realm
If your looking for a nice cab 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon - JUSTIN Winery personal I think the 2013 or older is better. General rule about wine is anything over 30$ a bottle your average person cant taste the difference. 15-20$ bottle with the right food at a BBQ is more then enough.
+1 to JUSTIN

I also really like Schug Pinot Noir. Both the Schug and JUSTIN can usually be had at Costco for ~$15.