Winter Dragon (WoT tv series)

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
The first episode was meh. 30min run time is a horrible idea. Pretty sure they only made this so the production company doesn't lose the rights to the IP.

Zero advertising, on FXX, and aired after 12am.....

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah, that is too bad. I didn't see it, but the description makes it sound like they tried to do the prologue from Eye of the World, which could be pretty awesome. Maybe someday a kick-ass animation studio will acquire the rights to WoT and make it.

Qhue

Trump's Staff

This is suitably terrible. Someone must have promised Billy Zane they would expunge every remaining copy of The Phantom if he agreed to do this.

Sterling

El Presidente
Can't find hardly anything about this online even. Holy shit this is really low profile. That 10 minute Youtube video the whole thing?

spronk

FPS noob
apparently 22 mins long and just as shitty - illyena sunhair, the raven haired woman haha. on feb 11th the TV rights for WoT revert from universal back to the widows company, so I guess it was some legal manuevering to try and extend (?) the tv contract. the wife of robert jordan is apparently super pissed lol

heres a fan made video thats steel cheesy but much better

Sterling

El Presidente
Just watched the rest. Holy shit that was bad. The effects are just bad. I guess they did this whole thing in 4 days? Still bad.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
It's better than Agent Carter at least. And fuck Jordan's Wife. She was half the brain trust in the last few shitty books that Jordan wrote while decaying, and couldn't keep her grimy fingers out of it when Sanderson took it over.

spronk

FPS noob
some fucked up shit too IRL, apparently they filmed the episode in like 4 days because by airing it they get to keep the TV rights to the wheel of time now for a longer time (legal clause in the contract), they bought 30 mins of infomercial time on FXX (1:30am PST) and aired it then.

The director they hired was some amateur guy, people are saying the producers told him this was gonna be his big break, he was gonna be hired for the full thing if he did a good job, etc, etc even though they have no real intention of making a TV show they just wanna hold onto the rights and sell it for $$$ to someone else

and finally the most fucked up thing, the director died in a car accident like 2 days after filming was done and before it aired. WAS IT BLACK AJAH

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife watched it and had no idea what was going on too.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY SAYING? Oh, he's saying Aes Sedai hunny. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?

Shame for that dude. At least maybe he went out thinking he just started the biggest TV series known to man.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
This was bad... Really bad. I get it was just a one off deal with zero budget but damn. The Jamaican lady doing the voice over set the bad tone. Pacing was way off and the acting sucked. There were however a couple bright points. The use of the dolls in LTT's madness state was clever. However they weren't just dead. They were melted into the stonework and walls and the whole palace should have been warped and twisted. And no Dragonmount? Come on at least show him pulling the one power then blur/fade to white and have the voice over say what happened.
Sucks because shit like this will prevent better version being made.

Cybsled

Like the original post said, this was shit out so they didn't lose the IP rights. Same reason Sony poops out Spiderman movies constantly.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I watched this abomination. Fuck this company for sitting on this series the way they are.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
some fucked up shit too IRL, apparently they filmed the episode in like 4 days because by airing it they get to keep the TV rights to the wheel of time now for a longer time (legal clause in the contract), they bought 30 mins of infomercial time on FXX (1:30am PST) and aired it then.
Basically this. The company that owned the rights would have lost them yesterday if they didn't do something...

Wheel of Time is the sad lesson of what can happen when you sell the rights to your books - Vox