Witcher 3

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I finished the game without finding all the oil recipes, but I don't remember specifically which. As you might imagine, there are quite a few encounters with the Wild Hunt, for which (afaik) there is no effective oil. This led me to not bother hunting down the recipes I was missing. I'd suggest a wiki, but you obviously have to be careful for spoilers.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
IIRC Wild Hunt is treated as humanoids. The recipes were definitely random drop at launch, only some could be bought, so you might try hitting a few question marks.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I'll admit, I didn't use oil or bombs or anything at all, but I played on EZ mode where camping restored your health

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
How close to the end is where you start recruiting everyone for the battle at Kaer Morhen?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I googled it and apparently it's Elemental Oil, so my bad:Which oil should I use against the warriors of the Wild Hunt?But since it's never clearly stated ingame, maybe there's nothing you can use.

I know the hounds are definitely elementals, but I had no idea about the warriors, so at worst the oil works against something.
I too went down the oil line, at least a little bit. I tried a few different oils and none of them left the DoT (one of the talents in the line) on the warriors, so I just assumed there wasn't one that worked.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How close to the end is where you start recruiting everyone for the battle at Kaer Morhen?
You can start sending them there before you ever get close to the quest. I recruited two early on(unknowingly) by just saying they should go to Kaer Morhen instead of wandering around being hunted.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
You can start sending them there before you ever get close to the quest. I recruited two early on(unknowingly) by just saying they should go to Kaer Morhen instead of wandering around being hunted.
Ditto for me with Keera Metz. She wanted to take something to Radovid and I was like, "You know that's suicide, right? Just go to Kaer Morhen.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I've put in around 100 hours into this game so far and I think I might rank this as the best game I've ever played(at least in the top 3). I'm continually impressed with how much stuff there is to do, constantly finding new/hidden quests and the lore connecting all kinds of things. The attention to detail is pretty nuts.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yes, it's also in my Top 3. They arereallydifferent games, though.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It comes out October 13th, sadly the 10 hours of playtime sound really tiny compared to W3.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It comes out October 13th, sadly the 10 hours of playtime sound really tiny compared to W3.
Especially when 10 hours could easily mean 25 new PoI's with 45 minutes of dialogue, and 8 new quests.

Edit: To be clear, I bought the expansion pack a few hours after I bought the base game. I absolutely loved Witcher 3.

Have they said what the level range will be for the expansions? Or at least this one?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
They haven't, but hopefully they will scale it to both NG+ and something sensible in the base game.

I'm the last person to bitch about the game, it unseated Deus Ex as my "best game ever", just trying to cool people's expectations.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
25 bucks for 20 more hours of witcher seems not horribly unreasonable. Isn't the pass for two expansions @ 25? Certainly its not the value of the base game, but the base game had a stupid amount of content for the price. At 20 hours, it seems quite reasonably priced compared to what other gaming companies will sell you as 15 dollar DLC.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
The ciri parts in the game were some of my favorite due to how she fought different to Geralt, the 7 sided strike she did and the super warp jump were super cool and I wish the game was harder so they meant more. Definitely wish we got more time playing her, it would even be cool if witcher 4 is centered around ciri. She was also a babe, love the white hair.