Witcher 3

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

i never finished the final DLC, might restart the game on ps5 once patch hits. I wonder if there is cross save, would be kinda cool to play on PS5 and steam deck with the same save
Any idea if any updates for the PC are coming, or is this just a Next Gen console specific update?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Any idea if any updates for the PC are coming, or is this just a Next Gen console specific update?
There’s already been a 4K mod for W3 on pc for years. Very nice mods too, that make the game much more enjoyable than vanilla. Unless you love inventory management and running to signposts.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
yeah update is xbox series S/X and PS5 only, PC basically would be unchanged. I don't think they are adding mod support or anything so PC version is still the "best"

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
There’s already been a 4K mod for W3 on pc for years. Very nice mods too, that make the game much more enjoyable than vanilla. Unless you love inventory management and running to signposts.
I use the high textures mod currently, jus wasn't sure if PC was getting anything "official".

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd consider triple-dipping for Series S|X but I still don't see any mention of cross save finally making its way to consoles besides the Switch. Seems dumb considering Cyberpunk cross save works perfectly.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'd consider triple-dipping for Series S|X but I still don't see any mention of cross save finally making its way to consoles besides the Switch. Seems dumb considering Cyberpunk cross save works perfectly.

I saw a video with 4 CD Project Red talking about the new stuff, and cross saves like Cyberpunk is actually in.

I'm considering a 3rd playthrough using a sign build since I never liked using signs as it was a bit clunky but they improve the way they are cast in the next gen update so that might be fun. I'll have to see what else is coming in december, but I think I'll have time for it.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Need to actually get around to this. Any graphic etc upgrades are out for pc already right? I owned it in my steam library for a long time now. Anyone have a list of those mods that are kinda must haves without going crazy reinventing the game?

Was debating trying to play it on my steamdeck for my 12 hour overnight shift 1x/week.

Vorph

Any graphic etc upgrades are out for pc already right?
Not entirely. They're adding raytracing, plus some settings (higher poly models, better grass/foliage, and some texture upgrades were mentioned) will go past what is currently in the "Ultra" preset. And with those upgrades, it's probably a good thing they've added in FSR/DLSS support as well.

Sounds like there's a bunch of QOL changes like a new camera option, the ability to filter out all the ? POIs that clutter the map, and some bugfixes.

Was definitely glad to hear that we'll be able to move saves around like Cyberpunk. Hopefully that will include going directly from Xbox to Switch without having to go through PC first.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Need to actually get around to this. Any graphic etc upgrades are out for pc already right? I owned it in my steam library for a long time now. Anyone have a list of those mods that are kinda must haves without going crazy reinventing the game?

Was debating trying to play it on my steamdeck for my 12 hour overnight shift 1x/week.

PC mods should cover most of what you're looking for. There should be several high res texture packs. Other must have mods

No weight limit mod
Fast travel any where mod
Dandelion shut the fuck up mod

Not entirely. They're adding raytracing, plus some settings (higher poly models, better grass/foliage, and some texture upgrades were mentioned) will go past what is currently in the "Ultra" preset. And with those upgrades, it's probably a good thing they've added in FSR/DLSS support as well.

Sounds like there's a bunch of QOL changes like a new camera option, the ability to filter out all the ? POIs that clutter the map, and some bugfixes.

Was definitely glad to hear that we'll be able to move saves around like Cyberpunk. Hopefully that will include going directly from Xbox to Switch without having to go through PC first.

That is good, I thought they were doing a PC update too, does it also come out on the 14th?

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Just re-installed this for something to do. My Mod list:

The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project Ultimate
HD Monsters Reworked
Meadows - An Efflorescent Grass Mod
Indestructible Items
Auto Apply Oils
Super Turbo Lighting Mod
Improved Signs
Better Trophies
AutoLook AIO
No Time For Gwent
Aqua
4kClouds
No Fall Damage Fixed
SCAAR (Smooth Combat and Animations Redux)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I normally play everything on 60 FPS performance mode on PS5 because 30 now looks weird and retro to me. However for this one I'm wondering if I'm missing out by not going for higher quality and ray tracing. This game has great light effects.

I dunno, I wish it wasn't even a choice. I went 60 on Elden Ring and a few times I switched it to higher quality and it looked pretty stunning until I moved the camera.

Vorph

The ray tracing in that DF video looks too good to pass up for a replay on Series X. Plus, I've already played W3 a bunch at 30 fps (Switch) and it's fine. Combat is easy after a few levels even on Death March anyway.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

there will also be a way to upload/download saves across some versions but its unclear which, definitely ps4->ps5 not sure about others or if you can do pc <-> console. Trophies do NOT auto pop, if you have the plat on the PS4 version you'll need to redo everything for PS5 platinum trophy.

• 1Like

Vorph

Part of the Netflix DLC is being able to make the Nilfgaardian armor look like the show's version. That's some top tier trolling right there from CDPR.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

there will also be a way to upload/download saves across some versions but its unclear which, definitely ps4->ps5 not sure about others or if you can do pc <-> console. Trophies do NOT auto pop, if you have the plat on the PS4 version you'll need to redo everything for PS5 platinum trophy.

It's been a while since I played it, but this does look better than the 4k HD mod that came out years ago.