Witcher 4

Izo

Tranny Chaser
1647908025571.png

(Link name sucks, it's for real 4).

Unreal engine 5. Nothing else is known afaik. Comon now, don't be CyberJunk.

This is an exciting moment as we’re moving from REDengine to Unreal Engine 5, beginning a multi-year strategic partnership with Epic Games. It covers not only licensing, but technical development of Unreal Engine 5, as well as potential future versions of Unreal Engine, where relevant. We'll closely collaborate with Epic Games’ developers with the primary goal being to help tailor the engine for open-world experiences.

At this point, no further details regarding the game — such as a development time frame or release date — are available.

REDengine, the technology which powers Cyberpunk 2077, is still being used for the development of the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 expansion.

Epic Games....nooooooooooooooOOOOOOOoooooooo.

• 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 404436
(Link name sucks, it's for real 4).

Unreal engine 5. Nothing else is known afaik. Comon now, don't be CyberJunk.

Epic Games....nooooooooooooooOOOOOOOoooooooo.

Wow, havent been this excited about a game release in years.

They wrapped up Geralt's story line though. Would this be about Ciri then?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m not sure if I can go back to an extreme dialogue, billion question mark, open world game after Elden Ring.

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Wow, havent been this excited about a game release in years.

They wrapped up Geralt's story line though. Would this be about Ciri then?
Good question, SJW Ciri and EGS. What could go wrong? Haven't traversed the thread yet, have a look:

I'm mostly <vader nooooo.gif> pissed I have to do EGS. Been avoiding it like the plague. Annoying, can't use the store on ipad browser, no ipad app. Fucing thing SUCKS when I'm not on a pc 24/7 to claim a game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I love the Witcher world and Witcher 3, but I never found Ciri to be a likable or enjoyable character.

I hope they bring Geralt back or do a new no-name witcher thats starting out or something

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I’m more interested in the Witcher 3 veteran devs who created a new studio and the new ip they are making, but time will tell

• 1Mother of God

Caliane

seems a little sad they feel like they need to go back to the tried and true, after cyberpunk.

Fadaar

That guy
neat and the biggest part of this announcement is Unreal Engine 5, now we just need to get fucking Bethesda on board with that

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
I love the Witcher world and Witcher 3, but I never found Ciri to be a likable or enjoyable character.

I hope they bring Geralt back or do a new no-name witcher thats starting out or something
There was a lot of source material in the books they could have used but with the wild hunt getting smoked not sure what they'll do. It's andrzej sapkowski still writing books?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have to assume any exclusivity deal that was made as part of their Epic partnership would include GoG, so I don't think anyone will need to install EGS.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kinda torn on this. Absolutely loved the series, yes even the 1st one for its flaws had a good story. Also helped I only started with the enhanced edition. But most of us who didn't read the books only knows Witcher through the lens of Geralt and view him as the "main character" of the world.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have to assume any exclusivity deal that was made as part of their Epic partnership would include GoG, so I don't think anyone will need to install EGS.
Yeah, "We'll closely collaborate with Epic Games’ developers with the primary goal being to help tailor the engine for open-world experiences." sounds like normal PR speak for a AAA studio switching over to UE5 after many years of using their own proprietary engine.

If GOG were to go under (which still seems very unlikely despite its financial problems) then I might start to worry.

spronk

FPS noob
fwiw the ceo or w/e of CDPR tweeted out later its not necessarily witcher 4, just a new game in the witcher universe. might be a different character or something since geralt is pretty tied to witcher

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
it'll be woke as fuck. If a female (any) is the main protagonist, she'll be a American Inventor color for sure

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I’m not sure if I can go back to an extreme dialogue, billion question mark, open world game after Elden Ring.

I'm not sure if I can go back to a sell out, corporate, publicly traded scam after Cyberpunk.

• 1Worf

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Most likely a day 1 purchase for me.

Witcher 3 is one of my favorite game of all time. Played it twice. Could easily play it again if I am ever bored and have nothing else to do.

Cyberpunk was a great game even with some of it's issue. My experience on the PS5 was pretty good to be honest aside from some crashes driving through the city.

The Witcher IP is super cool even if Geralt is not involved. I hope they bring him back though because he's a great character. Either they need to fuck his life up to make a sequel, or do a prequel.

I know some talent left but still unless they announce it's a battle royale, I don't see why it wouldn't be a day 1 purchase for me.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Move to Unreal is interesting. They must have so much $$$ invested in REDengine. Glad to see it though, it's crazy how an indie dev studio can get better graphics in 2022 than a 100+ million dollar game. If CDProjekt works with Epic to improve the engine, all the better for people like me.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, "We'll closely collaborate with Epic Games’ developers with the primary goal being to help tailor the engine for open-world experiences." sounds like normal PR speak for a AAA studio switching over to UE5 after many years of using their own proprietary engine.

If GOG were to go under (which still seems very unlikely despite its financial problems) then I might start to worry.
Why do you say GoG has financial problems? I thought game stores like that printed money?