Witcher - Monster Slayer (Pokemon Go type GPS game)

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I play almost no mobile games, but this came out within the last 24 hours or so I thought I'd post about it. Some locales had early access / beta (no wipe!) for a while, so they got to get ahead a bit.

It released today looking somewhat promising, but.. turns out there was a huge bug, people completing the tutorial got billions of exp and are now level capped. Sounds like they aren't doing a wipe, and you need to email them to get de-leveled. I can't think of a worse way to launch your game. Oops!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I'm literally stuck on the first quest because it's in a locked graveyard up the street from me. Other than that, it has promise.

Edit: so apparently you can relocate the quest and i'm just dumb.

Last edited:

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I tried it for giggles. Uninstalled shortly thereafter. What a shitty "game". It's good enough I guess if you're some hyper 19 yo who's gaming skillz sre measured in clicks- per-second.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The combat is just ok, but parrying is super important and yet so unresponsive.

The real killer, once again, is an abomination of an inventory system designed to make you spend $$$. Each monster drops 3-6 items, you have to farm 100s to level, and yet your inventory for *everything* is 200 to start. You spend more time in inventory management than playing the game. Bag space must be a good seller, it seems every sub-par GPS game uses this trick.