Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
bricked is not the same as full system crash. fuck twitchtv forces me to manually power off my system(as in, flip switch in the back as even the reset button in the front doesn't work) sometimes as it has weird violations with other stuff.

bricked is when it outright damages hardware. burns out gpus, memory, psu's etc.

a game actually bricking your system is major bad news, and reason to never touch it. A game just causing a system crash/unresponsive is annoying, but just annoying.
I suppose it could have, but its not clear or stated in this clip if hardware was damaged.

New World was the last game to actually brick a system. And you had to have a specific video card for it to do it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Uh dude it’s just a slightly quicker Bloodborne with a more complex avoidance system. I wouldn’t classify it as a rhythm game any more than any other FromSoft.

Speaking of Sekiro, I’m disappointed you’re foregoing it in favor of the summer of CRPGs!

Sekiro is in my top five shortlist. I mean it's right there near the top of the list. I'm like half a step from playing it at any given time. Same with the Niohs. I think it might fit in somewhere soon.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This game is alright, but I feel like Team Ninja really phoned it in. This is just basically Nioh 2, but not as good.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I tried the demo of this, had a really fun time. Feels like an easier Sekiro with levels/weapons/armor. Got to the first boss and lost that a few times. I really dislike two-phase bosses unless they're late in a game or side-bosses, situations like Malenia or the Elden Beast. Having a two-phase boss as the first boss is fucking stupid. I got good enough at the first phase to be able to win that fight handily, but I got sick of having to do it over and over every time I lost to the second phase. Made it harder to learn the second phase than if I'd been able to just go right back to it. After a little while of this I just couldn't be arsed to continue for a mere demo. Not sure why they made the first boss like this.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
This is definitely one of the worst onboarding experiences I can remember. Not only is the first boss more difficult than it needs to be, the fact that they introduce new mechanics (spells) right before you can meaningfully learn how to use them and then introduce an entire new mechanic in the second phase of an already tough boss is just silly.

Worst of all, however, is that the tutorial doesn't in any way demonstrate how FUN the game actually is. It took me about 10 tries to get past the boss (some attempts just dicking with magic to see if it was useful) but then right after that the game gets pretty good! Jumping off buildings stabbing fools and hopping all over the place massacring guys with spells and martial arts was great. None of that is demonstrated before the tutorial boss and I can only imagine how many people are going to get to that point and just say "ah well, it ain't worth the trouble". Add in the fact that the entire tutorial feels like a reskinned and slightly worse Nioh clone and it is a really silly way to onboard folks.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah if I hadn't played the November demo which was the first mission after the latest demo ends I probably wouldn't have bothered slogging through the tutorial boss. The rest of the game is fun even if it is rather easy (aside from Lu Bu, the first 3v1, and maybe one or two other fights). There's plenty of ways to cheese stuff with spells and certain martial arts (Guding Blade = lol) too if you need to.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Playing through with a non-OP fire build, and I think the difficulty is fine if you don't use a cheese build/tactics. Bosses are pretty fun, and some were pretty difficult with others being one-shots. I've platted Bloodborne and finished all the Souls games, Sekiro etc and I don't find it that much easier.