Wonka (2023)

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This was actually a fun family movie. Light-hearted and charming. You'll never get the same masterful sarcastic gene wilder Wonka. But this version was infinitely better than that horror show Tim Burton made.

Def a great movie to take the kids to. Wholesome as fuck. I give it a "pleasantly surprised out of ten"

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This was actually a fun family movie. Light-hearted and charming. You'll never get the same masterful sarcastic gene wilder Wonka. But this version was infinitely better than that horror show Tim Burton made.

Def a great movie to take the kids to. Wholesome as fuck. I give it a "pleasantly surprised out of ten"
I forgot to post that I went and watched this last weekend with my kid too. Same exact opinion as Adebisi. I had very low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I got outvoted and went to see this on Xmas. Also pleasantly surprised. It's ridiculous, but so was the original. Hugh Grant is fucking perfect casting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Saw this last weekend as well. Heard it was solid and it really is a fun musical movie. Felt like I was watching a live action cartoon in a good way with the over the top characters.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
So the black girl in the trailer didn't turn out to be both the oppressed genius who gave Wonka all his knowledge, and a lesbian? Maybe Clownworld is turning over a new leaf in 2024!

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
So the black girl in the trailer didn't turn out to be both the oppressed genius who gave Wonka all his knowledge, and a lesbian? Maybe Clownworld is turning over a new leaf in 2024!

She has nothing to do with Chocolate making. But she is oppressed and teaches Wonka how to read. The main villian being black was the most surprising part.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
She has nothing to do with Chocolate making. But she is oppressed and teaches Wonka how to read. The main villian being black was the most surprising part.
Its Alan Johnson from Peep Show which makes it even funnier.

• 1Like

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Went to see this with the wife and kids and I'll join the camp of pleasantly surprised. I have to agree on the Hugh Grant comment, he was perfect as a cheeky malicious midget.

• 2Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Agree with all of the above, we took the kids to see this over winter break last week and everyone loved it.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
It was just okay. None of the music was good imo. Grant was good as an Oompa Loompa.

Gene Wilder is the only version worth watching.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It wasn't a complete disaster like I expected, but it also wasn't particularly memorable either.

I think the best thing you could say about it is it was okay, and certainly better than the abomination that was the Tim Burton version.

• 1Like