Won't You Be My Neighbor? (2018)

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I'm pretty confident that Betty Aberlin was responsible for my first pre-adolescent boner. She was a total knock-out when she was younger and managed to hang in there pretty well for a while.
Just image searched her and there's a gallery entry at "wikifeet".:emoji_sweat_smile:

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Also, he gets bonus points for being a heavily religious person and not using his platform for pushing it on others.

That's the thing, his entire show was preaching it to others. He preached the tenants of his faith every day. Treat others well, don't be a miserable piece of shit, etc. If we had more religious leaders like him, and less fear mongers, charlatans trying to separate the dumb and desperate from their money or kid diddlers, the world world probably be a nicer place.

What he didn't use his platform to do was convert you, but he certainly used it to teach the things he believed and what his faith informed. You don't need to invoke God's name when your whole life is good works.

As a companion piece to this doc (which is great and everyone should see), PBS did their own retrospective, hosted by Michael Keaton, who got his start in TV on Mr Rodgers Neighborhood. I believe it's called "It's You I like".

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
david-and-emma.JPG

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
His show never aired over here but I'm glad this doco was made and now more people like me get to see how genuine he really was.

+1 to everyone should see this.

iannis

Musty Nester
He was a great man. Even the edgiest edgelords don't try to shit on Mr. Rogers.

Guys like him do exist. I don't know if you'll ever see the circumstances again that allowed one to get as well known or popular as he managed to, though. A lot of it was generational and emergent technology. It's kinda too bad, but it's good that he managed it.