WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so, we're only taking two strikers to this cup. One you've never heard about, and the other is so fucking old, he better get carried on the field.

Yeah, that'll work out.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I honestly don't understand leaving Donovan at home but so be it, they're not advancing out of that group anyway.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
so, we're only taking two strikers to this cup. One you've never heard about, and the other is so fucking old, he better get carried on the field.

Yeah, that'll work out.
It wont work out 'cause L?w is a douche.
You could get Poldi as striker on the field (like in 2006) and by that move open up the left midfield position for Sch?rrle. Also Reus could play both positions successfully and thus youd open up substitute options.
But L?w is way more busy to rake cash via advertising than think about his national team, and so never win a title cause he'll never pull a plan b outta his sleeve should his plan a fail miserably as the last tournaments have shown.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Pretty obvious Klinsmann wants to get his 2018 core players some World Cup experience at the expense of possibly making it out of the group stage (but not much further with older dudes).

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
We're getting out of the group goddamnit. Stop with the negativity. Geriatric Landon Donovan or no.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Is Dempsey really going to make that much of a difference? He's certainly better than Wondo and probably would have buried those initial chances but my god, just play the kids at this point as the team looks horrible.

Looks like injuries are going to start fucking up some teams, Costa you figure has to be done and while VdV isn't starting for Holland he's still a quality player to bring off the bench.

Szlia

If you think matches are fixed, you now Brazil will win. If only for the fact no one wants to deal with the unrest caused by a defeat at home.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Szlia, since there are allready rumors out by now (before the tournament started) that claim exactly this kind of fixing, its a very strong hint. Together with the now discovered plan b to abort the championship in brazil should unrest arise, is enough for me to put money on quite a sure bet.
It will end up just like the last championship fixings, Italy successfully bought all in 2006 to damage control their league fixings and Spain traded it support for wc to Russia in 2018 for the titel in 2010. Again these rumors surfaced before the respective world cups started as well.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who cares if Brazil doesn't win? When that happens, everyone is already on their way home anyways. If the country sinks into civil war after that, no one at the FIFA will give half a shit about it.

The military police is already clearing out No Go areas that happen to overlap with favelas with extreme force.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
of course brazil will get a boost. The country is about to explode since last year with anger, protest after protest,riot after riot.....what is the best way to maintain everything cool?let the home country win.
even indians are against the WC
1zbezwj.jpg

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Fixing in that the refs are bought? This isn't 30-40 years ago where the players were basically making peanuts and making a couple of million on a bet was huge. I wouldn't put anything past FIFA but I have a hard time believe already multi-millionaire players that are just looking for trophies are going to purposefully throw a game.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Fixing in that the refs are bought? This isn't 30-40 years ago where the players were basically making peanuts and making a couple of million on a bet was huge. I wouldn't put anything past FIFA but I have a hard time believe already multi-millionaire players that are just looking for trophies are going to purposefully throw a game.
Just because people are rich doesn't stop them being greedy, or stupid. The amounts of betting money involved are also quite phenomenal. The players don't even have to throw the game, people will bet on things other than the final result. And then there are the match officials, who make a fraction of the money of the players and who have more influence than anyone over the result.

With all that said it's hard to see the latter stages of the finals being fixed. It would be extremely risky for anyone to do so, especially with so many corruption allegations going on right now.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
That's why I said I could see the refs being crooked, that's a lot more plausible seeing as how most are shit anyway so how can you really tell?

Anyway, 10 more days to go. Excited!!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ordered 5 kits for myself and others off aliexpress for the World Cup. 3 arrived over the weekend. Absolutely excellent - slow shipping, but other than that, the quality is spectacular for a fake. Each kit was like $17 w/ free shipping.