Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So good
smile.png
Feels so good
smile.png

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Pleased for Giroud, he's been excellent today. France are looking really fucking good at the minute.

Does the World Cup have a tradition of resting one's starters out when the game is clearly a rout? Can't see the point of the top French players continuing to run around for another 20 minutes.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Does the World Cup have a tradition of resting one's starters out when the game is clearly a rout? Can't see the point of the top French players continuing to run around for another 20 minutes.
Due to the ranking system at this stage of the tournament they also have an incentive to rack up the goal differential.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
WOOOOF, imagine suffering through a CB pairing of Djourou and Senderos. Surely the worst defense in the World Cup.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not in this case, though. France already started with 3:0, now they're up to 8:0 and 6 points. Even if they lose to Ecuador - unlikely, they suck - they're not gonna lose first place due to goal difference to anyone.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, thought of that after I posted. Didn't know about the limited subs, though...are you just fucked if injuries start happening?
Yeah, if you used up all your subs and you get an injury that the player has to go off, you play with one less player.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Yeah, thought of that after I posted. Didn't know about the limited subs, though...are you just fucked if injuries start happening?
Yep, though there is a rule that the minimum number of players on a side is 7 including the goalkeeper. I only know of one game where the match got abandoned because one side had too few players left - they had 3 players sent off and had used all three of their subs, then had two more players get injured after. Mind you, as they were down 3-0 or so by that time there was the suspicion that those "injuries" were very convenient to get the game abandoned.