WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, they backed in by winning the Nordic or something. Took USA's help though.

El Tri was just awful during qualifiers.

Szlia

I caught some talks about Fred on TV today, and apparently, through his whole career people thought he sucked when he did not score and loved him when he did, because he is not a traditional brazilian forward that can take part in the offensive animation. He is a guy who parks his ass in the box and score goals and that's it. No passing, no dribbling, no funky moves, just goals. But since scoring goals is kinda important...

Neki

Molten Core Raider
He is certainly different from the Brazilian forwards that we are used to such as Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Romario

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
After the qualifiers, Mexico sacked their coach and revamped their entire lineup. They threw a whole new team together in a month to play New Zealand for the final spot. Which they won 9-3. Obviously, their defense has vastly improved since then, but there was a glimmer then that Mexico was going to be a contender. Praise be to El Piojo!

edit: Including Herrera, Mexico had 4 coaches in the space of a month. Mexico has great talent but their FA is dysfunctional in the extreme.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Mexico in the second half looked fan-freaking-tastic. They're going to be hard to beat if they play like that all the time.

Still, hup hup Holland.
smile.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
While a coach can make a difference for good or worse (see Hodgson) this Mexican team isn't that good. If not for Ochoa playing out of his mind vs. Brazil they would be done right now anyway, Croatia had to push on after that first goal and that was that. They're not beating the Dutch, not with the form Robben is in.

Szlia

The mexican team is a good example of the club vs national team question we had earlier, because the newly appointed coach basically shaped the national team around current and former players of the Club Am?rica that he coached before being called to rescue the national team.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
While a coach can make a difference for good or worse (see Hodgson) this Mexican team isn't that good. If not for Ochoa playing out of his mind vs. Brazil they would be done right now anyway
No they'd still be in 2nd and moving on. They beat the other two teams in the group, and went nil-nil against Brazil. Not shabby.

They're not great, that's for sure.

The mexican team is a good example of the club vs national team question we had earlier, because the newly appointed coach basically shaped the national team around current and former players of the Club Am?rica that he coached before being called to rescue the national team.
Their coach is a nutjob. He told Cheech that you can't start for the National Team if you don't start for your Club. So basically because he's not better than RVP, he can't start for his team
tongue.png

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Mexico in the second half looked fan-freaking-tastic. They're going to be hard to beat if they play like that all the time.

Still, hup hup Holland.
smile.png
I see Netherlands is the only 3-0 team so far. Why can't they pick a name... Holland or Netherlands, make up our damn mind.

Anyway, I'm rooting for the Ivory Coast tomorrow.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I see Netherlands is the only 3-0 team so far. Why can't they pick a name... Holland or Netherlands, make up our damn mind.

Anyway, I'm rooting for the Ivory Coast tomorrow.
It's the Netherlands. Calling them Holland is like calling all of the US Texas.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
No they'd still be in 2nd and moving on. They beat the other two teams in the group, and went nil-nil against Brazil. Not shabby.

They're not great, that's for sure.

Their coach is a nutjob. He told Cheech that you can't start for the National Team if you don't start for your Club. So basically because he's not better than RVP, he can't start for his team
tongue.png
Cant really question him right now. It would have been interesting had Mexico not get fucked out of 2 goals in the first game and Croatia not get fucked out of a few goals against Brazil in the opener.

I mean Brazil and Mexico both got through, but it could have been slightly different had the ref's done their jobs.