WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
luissuarezoutrageoustac.gif

Like this you mean? He has a whole host of two footed challenges (or career ending injuries as you put it), maybe do some research before you claim he is some kind of fucking saint who just likes the taste of human flesh occasionally.
What about this?

or This?

or how about this one?

Maul

Dental Dammer

Maul

Dental Dammer
I like how the player he tries to end the career of doesn't even acknowledges him and gets up after the tackle like nothing has happened.

Maybe it was then he realised that since two footed tackling won't get him noticed, maybe biting would leave a better mark on the opponent.
The best thing is after all these horrific challenges or bites, he goes down and pretends to be injured himself.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yeah and? I'm pointing out (obviously you missed it) that Suarez has PLENTY of those challenges in his history, not just the biting or racism. Since obviously Liverpool fans seem to think that biting is ok and apart from that he's a saint.

So get fucked.
This is hilarious, are those tackles an issue for just Suarez or other people as well? Footy fans have a real issue in distinguishing what is wrong and what should be part of the game. Biting shouldn't be part of the game nor should tackles that try to deliberately harm or injure yet you're only bringing it up now for Suarez. Good stuff, let the butt hurt flow through you.

Maul

Dental Dammer
This is hilarious, are those tackles an issue for just Suarez or other people as well? Footy fans have a real issue in distinguishing what is wrong and what should be part of the game. Biting shouldn't be part of the game nor should tackles that try to deliberately harm or injure yet you're only bringing it up now for Suarez. Good stuff, let the butt hurt flow through you.
Huh? You are pointing out Roy Keane who retired almost 10 years ago, people are talking about Suarez because he bit a guy 2 days ago. What exactly is your point? Some Liverpool fans can't even admit he bit the guy, or seem to be suggesting other plays two footed tackles are worse than biting. Since Suarez has done some of the worst tackles i've seen, bitten THREE times now (almost 4 since in the confed cup last year he was a heartbeat away from biting the very same Italian defender), elbowed, stamped, pulled hair, kicked in the stomach, racist, cheated in the last two world cups etc the list goes fucking on and on.

Butt Hurt? I couldn't give a shit about him, but the fact that YOU are almost in tears that your season could be fucked before it even starts is awesome, maybe let the butt hurt flow through you?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Huh? You are pointing out Roy Keane who retired almost 10 years ago, people are talking about Suarez because he bit a guy 2 days ago. What exactly is your point? Some Liverpool fans can't even admit he bit the guy, or seem to be suggesting other plays two footed tackles are worse than biting. Since Suarez has done some of the worst tackles i've seen, bitten THREE times now (almost 4 since in the confed cup last year he was a heartbeat away from biting the very same Italian defender), elbowed, stamped, pulled hair, kicked in the stomach, racist, cheated in the last two world cups etc the list goes fucking on and on.

Butt Hurt? I couldn't give a shit about him, but the fact that YOU are almost in tears that your season could be fucked before it even starts is awesome, maybe let the butt hurt flow through you?
Again, are those tackles worse than Suarez's? Are you saying Suarez on his own does stuff worse, aside from the biting, than your average player? If he truly was going to bite Chiellini at the Confed Cup don't you think someone would have been said at that time. Just as some LFC fans can be delusional the vitriol from ManU/ManC/Arsenal fansare just as delusional. Paul Scholes tried to punch a player but I'm sure Pks would be here defending him until the end as a Saint if need be.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
BBC News - World Cup: Does US really have the most fans in Brazil?

The country where the most World Cup match tickets were bought, outside Brazil, was the US. Why, asks Tom Geoghegan.

Nearly 200,000 match tickets were bought in the US, which comes as some surprise given that "soccer" is still way behind US sports in popularity. The next biggest market was Argentina, a long way behind, followed by Germany, England and Colombia, according to Fifa.

The number of US fans travelling overseas isn't surprising to Christopher Harris, editor and publisher of WorldSoccerTalk.com. "US Soccer has done a fantastic job marketing to the audience, who have disposable income, love sports and don't mind spending thousands of dollars to support their country."

Soccer is a perfect embodiment of American patriotism, he says, with very few US sports having a national sports team that can compete with the best in the world...
New York Times - Bigger Than Baseball: 25 Million Watch U.S.-Portugal World Cup Match

With an audience of 25 million viewers for Sunday's game between the United States and Portugal, the World Cup is moving into elite territory as a sports property on American television. Ratings for the game were the highest for any soccer game telecast in America and reached more viewers than events like the N.B.A. finals or the World Series.

Sunday's game, which ended in a 2-2 tie after Portugal scored a late goal, attracted a total of 24.7 million viewers across two television networks, ESPN and Univision. The ESPN audience alone - 18.2 million viewers - set a record for a soccer game on American television. The previous record, for the 1999 Women's World Cup final, which was won by the United States, was 17.9 million viewers. That game was on a broadcast network - ABC - rather than cable television.

The Spanish-language Univision, which also aired the game, had an audience of 6.5 million viewers (up from nearly five million viewers for the United States' opening game, against Ghana). Add in the average audience of 500,000 ESPN announced had streamed the game and the viewership surpassed 25 million.

While not near the totals scored by the N.F.L. playoffs or, certainly, the Super Bowl,the American audience for the World Cup game on Sunday easily eclipsed the N.B.A. finals this year, which averaged 15.5 million viewers, as well as the 2013 World Series, which averaged 14.9 million viewers. The N.H.L. playoffs are not even remotely as popular as the World Cup, having averaged only five million viewers this season.

ESPN reported Monday that the game was its most-watched event outside of N.F.L. or college football...
'Murica!

PKS

N00b
Delusional? Bite me.

Any excuse to talk about Scholes and I'll take it ! Never said he was a saint, he's still a God though
smile.png
. And God's can be malicious cunts at times, laying the righteous foot of the law on the legs of midfielders left laying in his wake. Notice he rarely if ever picks up a 2nd yellow card or straight reds for his tackles, he's in control of what hes doing. Think he loved the media hype about his tackling skills, as it masked the true nature of them; "oh he just can't tackle, didn't mean to clatter him!".

Anyway, what are you guys trying to qualify malicious acts for anyway? It's pretty obvious what's worse.

It's like this, in order of heinous act:
Spitting
Biting
2 footed tackling
Punching/elbowing to face etc. General striking.

Close one on the first and last 2, but distant in between. Notice those 2 are what toddlers do.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I see they are running the same story of soccer catching on just because people are watching the World Cup when there is fuck else on.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
You know its taking over when my old man (an ex college football player who thinks soccer is a game for pussies - even though I'd played all through d3 college....) texts me yesterday saying "You think its too late to catch a flight down to Recife?!" In seriousness. Ya old man, its too late haha. Even the old secretaries in the office are talking about the games (not just the US games either). Pretty cool to see. Now to get them to support the Arse!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Also, this:

Hulk Hogan ?@HulkHogan 42m

Watcha gonna do Germany when the USA runs wild all over YOU!!! Brother,USA Soccer,Lets Do It!!!!! HH
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Good start by Switzerland by the way. 1-0 up against Honduras already.

Them and the French will qualify as it stands.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Stop it. We need all the support we can get! That Valencia guy for Ecuador (the good one, not Antonio) just limped off. Shame, he's had a good World Cup.