World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What is going to cause the biggest headache is this Scrapping Azerite gear for the currency stuff. Couple it with personal loot and I can already picture it:

"Hey man you need that Azerite piece you just got that you already have? It's a major upgrade for me!"
"Sorry bud, I need to scrap it so I can buy a sweet Azerite Helm I need a month from now"

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
What is going to cause the biggest headache is this Scrapping Azerite gear for the currency stuff. Couple it with personal loot and I can already picture it:

"Hey man you need that Azerite piece you just got that you already have? It's a major upgrade for me!"
"Sorry bud, I need to scrap it so I can buy a sweet Azerite Helm I need a month from now"

Eh, I'm a piece of shit anyway so I never give out random loot. It all gets DE'd unless its a buddy or a guildy that I give a shit about. Small potatoes. As to it being the same time frame of getting an Azerite piece as the old way, sorta? Out of the three toons I play regularly one of them has yet to get a piece from their cache at 5 weeks of mythic plus runs and the other got theirs on the fourth. So making sure you can get a piece of gear every two weeks on the low end is better. Not ideal, but better.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
You also get the currency from scrapping purples so the war zones may be more useful to run once you out gear them.

Khane

I was referring to people in guilds having that dilemma and that happening on actual guild runs. As for it being slightly better, yea, that's the toasted bun. It's the way Blizzard has approached things for years now. Give us a shit system and then increment on it in miniscule proportions. It's a pretty phoned in "fix" to the current state of things. But I'm sure Azerite is gonna be awesome by patch 8.3.5.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Holy fucking shit, just admit the system sucks complete fucking dick and scrap it. Or better yet allow them to drop in M+ and make the weekly cache drop 2-3 pieces as was in Beta. Seriously all they do it make this shit more and more complicated for shit gear and traits everyone hates. Fire these faggots then give them all cancer and aids.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Holy fucking shit, just admit the system sucks complete fucking dick and scrap it. Or better yet allow them to drop in M+ and make the weekly cache drop 2-3 pieces as was in Beta. Seriously all they do it make this shit more and more complicated for shit gear and traits everyone hates. Fire these faggots then give them all cancer and aids.

It is definitely a complicated fix.

I am somewhat confused by the refusal to include specific pieces that could be targeted through running a specific Mythic+ but having Mythic+ be the way you target specific items through a vendor.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
100% this. I was kind of oblivious to the young people only on mobile thing until more recently when I started, out of boredom dabbling with pubg mobile. the amount of little high pitched voice kiddos on there, randomly getting in an argument with their parents on an open mic mid game is absurd. (that and indians playing with cars honking at them mid traffic but thats another issue)

But look at pubg pc or other games just on PC and it's definitely an older demographic in comparison. youngest maybe being 20'ish. but more older than younger for sure.

At least with PC gaming, or even console gaming you have to be in a somewhat dedicated area for it. which I think the younger age just can't do. Be it the ADHD, or whatever it is keeping them from sitting still long enough to enjoy a game on a pc/console. They have to have that option to either shut it off at a moments notice or move around for whatever reason. and MMO's just cant offer that capability, no matter how much they water down dungeons/raids into shorter and more pointless experiences.

And on top of that, I feel those failed attempts to do that to the content just promotes shit behavior on top of it, on multiple levels. From refusing to communicate, or to not give a damn about it, to even rejecting the idea of it flat out. I've been kicked from LFG shit in the past for simply trying to have a conversation during a boring, repetative dungeon i was just doing for my daily. Even if I was doing more than 50% of the groups total damage.

Lol if you try to talk in random pubs other than M+ you are considered a giant weirdo these days. It's almost impossible to get people to respond. It's actually eerie.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The time of day you play is important when it comes to it as well. Playing in NA during primetime for the South America clowns makes for a much shittier experience. I don't know what the fuck it is with those people, but it's like playing WoW in Special Olympics mode

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I pug a lot and I feel the stigma against pugs is massively overrated.

People who tend to dislike pugs don't have the patience, skill, or numbers to find a good one. If your m+ score is high enough you can easily two or three chest in pug runs. Especially if you use the m+ faction discords. If you want to pug heroic raids then start the group yourself and start checking parses. Spent half an hour doing that this week and cleared up to slug boy in a couple of hours. Probably would have killed him but had five people bail and was too lazy to start vetting again so I called it.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
People are not going to like going through the same busywork to get the exact three 355s they want, then again at 370, then again at 385, then again at 400 while the necklace requirements for each item level also go up.

Don't worry. New tier? MORE RINGS. Just keep adding rings. Slap those things on, makes it all better. Perfect system.

Fucker

Log Wizard
The time of day you play is important when it comes to it as well. Playing in NA during primetime for the South America clowns makes for a much shittier experience. I don't know what the fuck it is with those people, but it's like playing WoW in Special Olympics mode

World of Tanks is the same way. They are fond of randomly team killing and pushing team mates out from cover for no damned reason at all. War Gaming opened up a server for LATAM (Latin America), and the number of non-accidental shots I have taken has dropped to 0.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I pug a lot and I feel the stigma against pugs is massively overrated.

Pugs are fantastic. Just use raider.io to determine who is retarded and then for raids just check logs to see if they have at least green parses and ez.

It's just sometimes you can go like 2 hours looking for a group or looking to fill your own if you don't already have the tanks and heals.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This really hinges on the numbers they come up with for currency prices of the different pieces and the amount earned from DEing shit vs Weekly Chest.

Skew the cost too low and people will bemoan casuals being able to farm low-end epics from dungeons that they DE into currency. Skew it too high and the problem will be that it takes months to get a piece despite all your best efforts as it only matters if you do one run a week.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Idunno, I think the mythic crafting was pretty good aside from the random stats on what you craft. The higher difficulty you go, the more materials you get.

I'm fully onboard with the azerite acquisition cause it seems like they're doing the same thing. However, again I'm still annoyed at the random stats that are going to be on them.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Forgot that there's a wickerman set up in the garrison for the Halloween event. So you don't have to go to the cities to get it if you still have your garrison hearthstone. The buff is 10% exp/rep for 2 hours so a quick hearth there and back is way faster.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It is definitely a complicated fix.

I am somewhat confused by the refusal to include specific pieces that could be targeted through running a specific Mythic+ but having Mythic+ be the way you target specific items through a vendor.
Because it's equally tedious for everyone, instead of some folks lucking out and being able to focus an easier dungeon for their specific pieces.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Because it's equally tedious for everyone, instead of some folks lucking out and being able to focus an easier dungeon for their specific pieces.

I guess that reason is fine. Running X dungeon for Y class with Z affixes for the piece you want might be a monster pain in the fucking ass.

Thinking about it more it's The Scrapper that I really don't trust. The "throw 1000 of something into a furnace for the one thing you want" gimmick has been a mobile game staple for a while now. I really think the elephant in the room is that mobile gaming is insanely profitable while requiring nowhere near the effort of something like a World of Warcraft. The game becoming less of a MMORPG with a persistent world and unique community on each server and more of an activity lobby is a result of that.

Khane

The problem I have with it all is why can't we have both? 10+ would only drop 370 which is still 15 ilvls lower than Mythic raids. So give us this new currrency AND add it to end of run chest loot tables and now we can get our targeted pieces by trying to chain run dungeons and then use the currency if our luck sucks.

I still have yet to hear a single GOOD reason for not having Azerite armor as part of Mythic+ loot tables.