World of Warcraft: Current Year

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Gilneas and Lost Isles were dropped opportunities from the start. They're some of the better made zones in the game (phasing shit in Gilneas aside) and they were just throwaway content for the most part. They were making some quality stuff at the time with the mass Cata content creation, but decisions around some of the process and what to do with some of it was obviously mishandled. How much of that was due to cranking too much out at once though is unknown.

I'm expecting we'll revisit Gilneas and the Lost Isles or Kezan during the Worgen and Goblin Heritage Armor quest lines.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I still don't understand this titanforge shit that you guys are dealing with nowadays.

What happened to the ole Boss has X, Y, and Z in his loot table?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm not joking when I say this

I literally went afk to jerk it last night during a warfront and I got heroic raid equivalent loot for it

why would anyone ever bother to raid? I still haven't touched any current content and I'm caught up to my friend who hasn't missed a raid day lmao

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I still don't understand this titanforge shit that you guys are dealing with nowadays.

Now imagine that items X, Y and Z on his loot table can become items X^2 or X^3 and so on. But at random.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

It's the second worst thing Blizzard has ever added to MMORPG design. Right behind dailies.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I'm not joking when I say this

I literally went afk to jerk it last night during a warfront and I got heroic raid equivalent loot for it

why would anyone ever bother to raid? I still haven't touched any current content and I'm caught up to my friend who hasn't missed a raid day lmao

I canceled my sub but it was a six month sub. My 5 year old has a level 8 warrior she plays. I logged in my character, which I hadn't in months, and they were giving out level 380 gear for dailies. It's ridiculous. I queued up for one of the new raids (LFR), couldn't have been more boring. I /quit during first boss. YAWN.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's the second worst thing Blizzard has ever added to MMORPG design. Right behind dailies.

I'm in a weird spot with dailies. I appreciate them if they offer nothing but cosmetic/mount/gold/etc but when they start doing shit like giving out things that actually give power I'm not for it at all.

• 1Like

Khane

Don't forget they time lock almost everything behind the daily/weekly reputation grind. That is their main function. Time gating.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I'm in a weird spot with dailies. I appreciate them if they offer nothing but cosmetic/mount/gold/etc but when they start doing shit like giving out things that actually give power I'm not for it at all.

There aren't any WQ mounts to get this xpac, and almost no money until you get the emissary cache. There's fuck all reason to do them beyond the rep. There's no flying yet so doing them for nothing is beyond pointless and tedious.

In Legion, at least you got gold for doing them, and they could be done very quickly. Getting 200k gold a month was easily done in just a few minutes a day. I had a small army of max characters, too. Remember the invasions that made leveling a breeze? Well fuck us, they removed that, too.

Ion systematically went through all the fun things that Legion gave us and removed them all and replaced them with nothing.

• 2Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
There aren't any WQ mounts to get this xpac, and almost no money until you get the emissary cache. There's fuck all reason to do them beyond the rep. There's no flying yet so doing them for nothing is beyond pointless and tedious.

In Legion, at least you got gold for doing them, and they could be done very quickly. Getting 200k gold a month was easily done in just a few minutes a day. I had a small army of max characters, too. Remember the invasions that made leveling a breeze? Well fuck us, they removed that, too.

Ion systematically went through all the fun things that Legion gave us and removed them all and replaced them with nothing.

I am guessing the WQ mounts will come in the last big patch of the expansion. It sounded like they are going to add more paragon rep rewards will be added every big patch. Honestly given the rate I get paragons doing nothing but order hall missions on my alts it seems not unreasonble. Um invasions do exist and are really pretty solid for leveling. They are not as crazy as legion but they still are giving a solid half a level + for alts. I got a paladin alt to 120 doing almost nothing but invasions with them. Slower than my DH who did the same with legion invasions but it was not bad. Also the gold rewards seem to also be ramping up as the expansion goes on. Every paragon box is 4-5k gold so even on my alts money is flowing reasonably well just from doing the mission board stuff. Not as fast as legion yet but I think its going to get there by the end of the expansion at the rate it is going.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Feels like every single aspect of this expansion is "wait until the last patch and it will be good again!".

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Netherwing dailies? Cool. Nat Pagle dailies? Neat.

Cata and MOP dailies giving actual raid equivalent gear? Not very rad. Garrisons giving you trade mats? Lame

• 1Like

Cybsled

Netherwing dailies? Cool. Nat Pagle dailies? Neat.

Cata and MOP dailies giving actual raid equivalent gear? Not very rad. Garrisons giving you trade mats? Lame

While mythics/raiding get a huge focus, I have to imagine the majority of their playerbase never does that beyond maybe LFR every now and again. If you don't have sufficient +betterer loot carrots, then your larger playerbase gets bored and leaves.

• 1Like

Khane

While mythics/raiding get a huge focus, I have to imagine the majority of their playerbase never does that beyond maybe LFR every now and again. If you don't have sufficient +betterer loot carrots, then your larger playerbase gets bored and leaves.

The larger playerbase never runs out of stuff to do because they don't log in very often. Dailies are not there to give carrots to bored casuals, they are there to artificially slow down Mythic raiding type players and to create routines that become hard to break habits. The loot dailies give out is nothing more than a mask to hide that fact. It didn't go past 330 in Season 1 and doesn't go past 360 now. Normal Uldir dropped 355 gear, Normal BoD drops 385. Mythic 0s dropped 340 in S1, they drop 375 now. You can chain run heroic dungeons for the same ilvl gear as World Quests drop. So it doesn't give them a carrot to shoot for at all, it just lets anti-socials ignore the other parts of the game.

The game never saw a decline until Cata, so for years the casuals weren't cancelling their subs even though they didn't have 500 dailies to do for free loot. This shit is meant to turn us into gambling addicts who start to fear missing out and falling behind on our time gated rewards because we couldn't log in for a day or two.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Feels like every single aspect of this expansion is "wait until the last patch and it will be good again!".

In a lot of ways this is because WOD especially but legion as well to an extent gave a shit ton of that stuff right from the start and you got the problems and complaints about the garrison of it gave too good of rewards too early and short circuited a lot of normal progression. Legion was the first expansion with the paragon rep stuff and that basically came out near the end of it so they say people basically liked that system but wanted to do it in a way that could ramp up in what it gives you as the expansion progresses. Even now though you get a crap ton of war resources and money out of every paragon box and pretty reasonable chance at the pet/toy of that rep so its not like they are not pretty rewarding already.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is one thing that kinda confuses me about the complaints. If somebody really plays the shit out of the game they will wind up basically being normal raider ilevel gear set over a window of time that takes a lot longer to accomplish than an actual normal raid level raider. Hell even LFR this go around is not really much more than random slot filler for fresh alts. Most of your gear probably will come from emmisary quests and your once a month dark shore warzone quest item or maybe PVP. PVP is a very steady way to get a pretty high ilevel but on a time scale that is 2-3 times longer than even the slowest normal raiders would get it. The amount of your player base that does heroic/mythic raids is a tiny fraction of the overall player base. They need carrots for the vast bulk of their players as well.

• 1Like