World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cathex_sl

shitlord
Thanks for the macro! I'm definitely in the same boat regarding garrisons. I'm glad I have a stockpile of gold and tokens, but I'm even more glad I won't be compelled to log all my alts on a daily basis.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Additional note: Warbinder Ink is still used to purchase older inks as of patch, and herbs are 4GR/each on the North American Trading Post today, so that might be a good way to spend your resources, depending on your server economy.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ive got huge stockpiles of fur, flytrap, sorcerous stuff and alchemy catalysts to shit out bags till the end of time.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Hope you have two monitors. Netflix andchillcrate!
biggrin.png
Unfortunately, about 75-80% of the time isn't spent opening crates, it's spent at the mailbox next to the recycling center (you did put the recycling next to that mailbox, right? Don't worry, you can move the small buildings around for free) to find out which items go to which alt. It helps if you do remember which class can use which weapons (there's always the war to dump every weapon on. Save wands, and maybe fists?)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm just letting all my GR rot. I don't care about an extra ~5k gold at this point.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone been in beta got decent info on professions? Ie for raiding/decent money? And is a gathering required to supply enough bloods?

Atm I am JC/BS. JC looks meh. Some 250 secondary stat gems(haste, mastery, crit etc) and then the 200 stat ones(int/str/agi) but with what seems very limited sockets on gear to began with, not really worth it. Not sure if the toys will sell(like the toy that gives you bejeweled game). BS is kinda in same boat. Kinda meh gear to make but if you upgrade it enough it will probably be useful to start raids. But to upgrade you will need to craft a lot of pieces to then destroy in the obliteron thing. Also they can make the 20% faster mount consumables and the "interact while mounted" consumables.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Plus the other rare mats(felwort/infernal brimstone). Both seem to be mixed into every crafting profession(sometimes taking both in 1 recipe). I know they come from world quests(if you have 300 in the matching gathering prof) but that seems to be only a few a day.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Gathering was the first to implement the bloods so that is why it got so much attention when the changed them to BOP. You will get plenty from world quests, fishing, dungeons etc. The system is built around rewarding those who actually play and not being able to just buy everything. Double gatherers are really the only ones who get fucked but they have talked about adding a vendor like they did with spirits of harmony.

I fully expect gathering materials to stay higher in price for much longer since they have basically destroyed HonorBuddy. That is what inflated the market big time. In WoD it wasn't an issue since everyone was shitting out herbs and ore. Now it will be.

The best money makers IMO are jewelcrafting, enchanting and Inscription.

Use your double gatherer to farm mats. Use your main to farm bloods for your professions. Stockpile blood on gatherer until vendor is put in.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean its not the end of the world. With how profession will be setup so skill level doesn't matter for the vast majority of things, you can always switch around if something doesn't work out.

Curious why you think JC. Enchanting I get(enchants + transmog/illusions) and inscription(talent resets, runes for bosses, and trinkets).

Rime

<Donor>
I went into WoD with 650,000 Gold.

Over the course of the expansion...
Picked up most of the TCG Mounts (Missing the Camel, Shore Strider, and the X-51 Nether-Rocket) ~ Cost was around 4,600,000 Gold.
Picked up the few TCG Pets I was missing ~ Cost was around 400k.
Spent around 1,000,000 Gold paying people to 'gift' me the various Store mounts and pets during the holiday sale.

So, that is around 6,000,000 Gold.

Ending the expansion just shy of 4,000,000 (3,842,000) gold.

Thanks Oba... Garrisons!

(Note: This gold is almost exclusively gained through regular play/Garrison maintenance over duration of the expansion, and selling tailoring bags (two characters) and enchanting materials (three characters). Not from selling Moose runs/CM carries/etc.)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I stopped playing just a while after blackrock(no treasure stuff from garrison yet), so I got up to 100k but no where near what people have made for the entirety. People selling CM or mount runs are probably sitting on multiple characters capped.

Rime

<Donor>
I have a guildmate who made around 30m by his own accounting. He is ending the expansion with 22 full Garrisons. Crazy.

Some bloke on reddit said he was multiboxing 50 Garrisons regularly.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean its not the end of the world. With how profession will be setup so skill level doesn't matter for the vast majority of things, you can always switch around if something doesn't work out.

Curious why you think JC. Enchanting I get(enchants + transmog/illusions) and inscription(talent resets, runes for bosses, and trinkets).
I still made a ton of money selling gems in the shitshow of WoD. In legion JC can create jewelry with sockets.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I'm still sifting through beta looking at specs. I have to say Monk was awful a few patches ago but now seems to have a ton of its core back in place - it's making me consider it.

Is there anyway for someone to get in game to buy a WoW token for time with out first having a subscription?

For example, on Everquest, you can log in to a server with out a subscription and buy a Krono in game with plat, and then use it to get your subscription for the month.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Is there anyway for someone to get in game to buy a WoW token for time with out first having a subscription?

For example, on Everquest, you can log in to a server with out a subscription and buy a Krono in game with plat, and then use it to get your subscription for the month.
yes. if you log into your account, you can actually play a character that is less than level 20. You also have the option to purchase sub time via a menu in the character select screen with gold. If you do it from the character select screen it takes a even percentage of all the gold on that realm to pay for it.