World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean you could say its not as efficient, but "Heavily penalized",no. Granted I have no hard data, but if you are say level 105, I would wager the difference between killing things 102/103 vs 104/105 is a handful of seconds more per pack at most(which should give you more exp per kill to compensate).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I mean you could say its not as efficient, but "Heavily penalized",no. Granted I have no hard data, but if you are say level 105, I would wager the difference between killing things 102/103 vs 104/105 is a handful of seconds more per pack at most(which should give you more exp per kill to compensate).
Yea that's not really my experience, but numbers are still very off right now so this may change. Scaling is pretty penalizing for a lot of specs that rely on crits. Dinging 101 and 102 was a huge boost over mob packs in the zone each time (though I suspect 101 may be more if you get much more getting into 'current expac' levels like usual.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Think it depends also if you quest as a group or soloing. For me personally I don't solo, fuck that shit. So higher level mobs are ideal for me.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
At a couple points during beta it was superior to grind mobs for the first 1-3 levels, while your scaling was still high, then swap over to questing. Of course, these were also passes where it was possible to run out of quests and not be level-capped
smile.png
But pocketing some quests for level-cap can still be useful, since the quest reward items will scale up in ilvl. Of course, time-wise, you'll probably outstrip that gear rather quickly just by doing world-quests.

In it's current state, just leveling naturally following your questlines and returning to your Order Hall every level or two (so either half-way through each zone, or at the end of each zone) to check on what new events have popped up seems best.

I doubt doing dungeons while leveling will be worthwhile unless you have a friend or two tag-along with you; will be a lot of derpy, slow-ass dungeon runs since people'll be getting used to the new dungeons. Many of the new dungeons have irritating (not threatening, just time-intensive due to superfluous adds) trash pulls if your group is a pile of random derps.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Did they put in dungeon quests? I know it's usually not the most efficient, but back when you could get 2-3 relevant pieces of gear per dungeon run plus decent EXP it certainly made sense for a 'pleasant' leveling experience to run them once.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
At a couple points during beta it was superior to grind mobs for the first 1-3 levels, while your scaling was still high, then swap over to questing. Of course, these were also passes where it was possible to run out of quests and not be level-capped
smile.png
But pocketing some quests for level-cap can still be useful, since the quest reward items will scale up in ilvl. Of course, time-wise, you'll probably outstrip that gear rather quickly just by doing world-quests.

In it's current state, just leveling naturally following your questlines and returning to your Order Hall every level or two (so either half-way through each zone, or at the end of each zone) to check on what new events have popped up seems best.

I doubt doing dungeons while leveling will be worthwhile unless you have a friend or two tag-along with you; will be a lot of derpy, slow-ass dungeon runs since people'll be getting used to the new dungeons. Many of the new dungeons have irritating (not threatening, just time-intensive due to superfluous adds) trash pulls if your group is a pile of random derps.
Speed leveling almost always involves avoiding dungeons.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Did they put in dungeon quests? I know it's usually not the most efficient, but back when you could get 2-3 relevant pieces of gear per dungeon run plus decent EXP it certainly made sense for a 'pleasant' leveling experience to run them once.
Only dungeon quests I've seen so far is when you get to the end of a chain for that zone and you get a quest to kill the last boss of that zones dungeon.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Speed leveling almost always involves avoiding dungeons.
Depends on how shit leveling is on a major server at release
smile.png
In other expansions, you could quickly level past the 'rush' of folks and get to the relatively empty zones to level in; in this one, every zone will be populated from jump. Less populated than any individual "starter" zone has been in the past, but more populated than your "ahead of the curve" leveling zones used to be. And after you're done with the one you started on, you're back at the start of the next zone along with any random people who just finished the intro scenario/getting their order hall and chose that zone to start with.

Thankfully, new tapping makes overpopulation a lot less annoying. Unless you intend to skin anything the first week the expansion is out, in which case new tapping says you're right fucked
biggrin.png

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good ol official forums. Was reading through beta forums and completely forgot why I shouldn't. According to the forums every class is bad and everyone is re-rolling :p

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Some heads up for massive crate openers: I did measure how long it takes you to open 400 crates and dispatch the non-equipable gear to the alts that can (and dispatch the equipable to a similar alt, because I can't equip yet to unlock) and it's just over one hour. If you have loads of crates to open on lots of alts, I suggest starting to open them and dispatching (the gear will sit in the mailbox for a day or two)...

(I spent half of sunday opening crates and I probably opened half of them)

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good ol official forums. Was reading through beta forums and completely forgot why I shouldn't. According to the forums every class is bad and everyone is re-rolling :p
According to MMO-champ forums, the game could be deleted because there are no worthwhile classes left to play. I'll just say some revamps are horrible, some are great and some are midway. There is always a couple worthwhile classes to play.

If someone here has experience with a Vengeance DH, which I played to 100 only (because not spoilering too much before live):

- Is it always Shear spam for life?
- How's life vs heavy magic damage? I don't like much the 20s cooldown on Empower wards. I get they take 10% less at all times and there is also Fiery Brand once per minute, but it seems a bit weak vs magic. Maybe the talent that creates an absorb shield from fragments?
- Is it a competitive tank in Mythic dungeons?

Thanks in advance.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Yea that's not really my experience, but numbers are still very off right now so this may change. Scaling is pretty penalizing for a lot of specs that rely on crits. Dinging 101 and 102 was a huge boost over mob packs in the zone each time (though I suspect 101 may be more if you get much more getting into 'current expac' levels like usual.
You also get a massive boost to base stats when you level. As in around a thousand per level. Even for crit reliant specs I'd bet 1000 AP or SP is worth a bit more than 1-2% crit.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
According to MMO-champ forums, the game could be deleted because there are no worthwhile classes left to play. I'll just say some revamps are horrible, some are great and some are midway. There is always a couple worthwhile classes to play.

If someone here has experience with a Vengeance DH, which I played to 100 only (because not spoilering too much before live):

- Is it always Shear spam for life?
- How's life vs heavy magic damage? I don't like much the 20s cooldown on Empower wards. I get they take 10% less at all times and there is also Fiery Brand once per minute, but it seems a bit weak vs magic. Maybe the talent that creates an absorb shield from fragments?
- Is it a competitive tank in Mythic dungeons?

Thanks in advance.
I think fatbosstv is running a DH main tank for his raids.

from second hand info it looks like DH/Paladin/DK are currently considered top but if you go double DH as MT and OT you'll have issues. bears seemingly are next but add some interesting options and probably pairs well with DH and then brewmasters are bringing up the rear since they are so damn hard to heal correctly.

DPS DH seemed really easy your second talent removes your builder and then unless youre attacking more than 2 mobs you hit 1 button (only played to 102) .

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Some heads up for massive crate openers: I did measure how long it takes you to open 400 crates and dispatch the non-equipable gear to the alts that can (and dispatch the equipable to a similar alt, because I can't equip yet to unlock) and it's just over one hour. If you have loads of crates to open on lots of alts, I suggest starting to open them and dispatching (the gear will sit in the mailbox for a day or two)...

(I spent half of sunday opening crates and I probably opened half of them)
Oh god I have 2800+ boxes to open. >.< That's gonna be 7+ hours!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
smile.png

I will likely do them like I did in wod queue for them now and then as new ones unlock just to learn them on normal mode which makes the intro to heroic mode at max level and mythic mode a bit less of a shock as you know more of what you are looking at at least generally.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh god I have 2800+ boxes to open. >.< That's gonna be 7+ hours!
I assume next tuesday/wed are going to be mostly devoted to inventory dredging on all my characters. Random fun fact With just one character copied to beta I unlocked fashionista in all but one gear slot. The bank purging is going to be glorious.