World of Warcraft: Current Year

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Well, Im going with my Dwarf Paladin for Legion. Ret has been fun despite the haters attacking it constantly. Prot is weak right now, but I hear at 110 things improve. Holy is a beast.

Looking forward to smashing faces in Legion!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, Im going with my Dwarf Paladin for Legion. Ret has been fun despite the haters attacking it constantly. Prot is weak right now, but I hear at 110 things improve. Holy is a beast.

Looking forward to smashing faces in Legion!
You actually liked Ret? I felt it was boring af. Way too much waiting around for GCD to do something else.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I still haven't figured out what I want to main for Legion yet. I've been playing multiple classes to see what feels best and right now Fire Mage is winning.

Fire Mage damage > Rogue damage > Warlock damage > Disc priest damage > Ret damage

Druid heals > Disc heals

I wanna try Holy Paladin, and messing around on my hunter now as well to see how it ranks up. Problem I had with Ret paladin was it felt just so clunky. I was constantly just waiting for GCD, without anything to do in between. Maybe I was playing it wrong.
Mage, rogue, DK, SPriest and Hunter all look to be in really good places starting out in Legion.

Ret is in a really bad place. I can't speak to how the spec plays I just know it's under performing.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Is DH supposed to be simple? I was messing around with the dps spec and there didn't seem to be much going on. Use Eye beam/Glaive toss on CD, the auto attack talent generates fury for you and your main resource dump is Chaos strike. I just was not very enthusiastic with what was going on there; it all looked really cool but outside of standard dps cooldowns(demon form/chaos blades) it felt kinda shitty. Looking around there seems to be some build that uses fel rush and the momentum talent to add some depth but eh, just felt very bland all around.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Mage, rogue, DK, SPriest and Hunter all look to be in really good places starting out in Legion.

Ret is in a really bad place. I can't speak to how the spec plays I just know it's under performing.
At 110 in beta I found the following to be in a good state:
Enhancement Shaman, Unholy DK, Rogue (assassinate/outlaw), Fire Mage, Destruction/Affliction Locks, Fury Wars, Arm Wars (pvp only), Feral Druids, and Ret Paladin.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Frost dk is very good in groups. Solo is kinda iffy against elites and shit, low self healing doesn't help.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'll do what I usually do. Buy expansion. Play the entire time.

Also, if the mods wanted proper trolling, they should have renamed MMORPG Discussion to WoW Discussion, and made General MMORPG Discusion a subforum of that.
This would have been way better.

velk

Trakanon Raider
A sick and twisted part of me hopes they remove them just like they are doing with the ring and cloak and shit.. just because removing shit is fucking stupid and I want to see the backlash.
I think they certainly intend to remove artifacts from relevance for the next expansion.

It's actually a pretty clever way of having AAs without the ongoing power creep by effectively deleting them every expansion.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So...

Should have bought a lottery ticket instead.

rrr_img_137225.png

Brikker

Trump's Staff
What is doable with the pre-expac changes in terms of old-raid achievements, etc? I've only ever done a couple of the Raid meta's (10man ulduar and 10man ICC, I think) for their mounts. Ulduar was easy so I can get the 25 man of that. Is the Lich King achievement still a pain in the ass? I'd like to get the 25man version of the mount plus farm the rare mount drop. I think I did the 10 man one on a hunter way back cause the achievement could be done with a pet, but I recall that still being a pain.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What is doable with the pre-expac changes in terms of old-raid achievements, etc? I've only ever done a couple of the Raid meta's (10man ulduar and 10man ICC, I think) for their mounts. Ulduar was easy so I can get the 25 man of that. Is the Lich King achievement still a pain in the ass? I'd like to get the 25man version of the mount plus farm the rare mount drop. I think I did the 10 man one on a hunter way back cause the achievement could be done with a pet, but I recall that still being a pain.
The one mount that I still want is the No Lights Yog robot head! But I heard it's still a pain in the ass.
frown.png

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
The one mount that I still want is the No Lights Yog robot head! But I heard it's still a pain in the ass.
frown.png
It's not; it's retarded easy. I'll make you hate me, and say I went for the first time solo a few months ago and got it on my first try. I was just looking for xmog gear.

Might be harder as some classes, but I went in with a balance druid and really all I did is moonfire the tentacles that grabbed me/little tentacles that were doing the flay then jumped into a portal. A single moonfire/sunfire would insta kill the dudes inside, then I'd sprint to the brain room and unload. You should have no issue knocking the brain down; if I remember right, you get instant knocked out if the brain reaches 30%.

Once outside, you can just unload on yogg and literally ignore everything and he'll die.

I think they tuned the insanity loss from abilities in the encounter, as I felt like it was ticking down super slow.

The one old fight I absolutely have loathed in general has been shannox - haven't killed him since the patch, but was doing it regularly. The one dog that leaps on you has such a quick cooldown on the eat face ability or whatever it is, CC's you while he's doing it, and in general does a pretty substantial amount of dmg that I had to make sure dots were refreshed right before the dog jumped on me, and then use all defensive cooldowns while CC and let the dots kill him.

What a pain in the ass.

Also, who was the person talking about monks in the xpac? I fiddled with mine after patch, and I must be doing something wrong because I sort of really hate the BM atm. It feels really hard to get snap aggro on adds without dizzying haze, (IE ones that join instead of me pulling) and due to the long cooldowns of my AE *pull* abilities, I feel like I have more downtime.

Are there abilities that have dizzying haze functionality or is it not as big of a problem as I think it is?

Rime

<Donor>
If you are level 100 with anything above 660 Item Level, you can solo anything Cata Normal backwards without difficulty. At 660, a few Heroic Cata 25m fights might give you trouble (Halfus, Shannox, Ultraxion off of the top of my head.)

700+ Any DPS/Tank should be able to solo Cata 25h without any trouble. Can maybe do some of the MoP 10 Normals.

Before 7.0.3, at 700+, a Hunter/Blood DK/Warlock could solo most of Throne of Thunder on Normal and if skilled, Heroic. This is no longer the case and most will have to wait until 110+ gear to do heroic MoP raids again =/

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Thanks for the info. I'd be doing it on my fresh-100 (went 91-100 last time I played a few days ago, WoD flying + bonus objectives is truly fantastic :p) who is at just under ilvl 650 right now. Think I'm going to do some PVP for easy gear when I play on my next break. I wonder if Prot Warr is easier to solo old raids with than Fury or Arms Warr? Not really sure what type of healing ability they have now; fury wars just bloodthirst @ 4% healing per use and Arms has an out-of-combat 6%/s and the victory rush one (though I think that doesn't work on non-exp/honor kills).

I know I can probably do WotlK and lower now without issue, at least. Will have to try some of the 25m achievements.