World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rude

Potato del Grande
I resubbed but I think I wasted $15. I didn't read anything and thus was unaware that garrisons are completely useless for making gold now. Are there any dailies to do in WOD?

Dragonaut

Molten Core Raider
Three weeks into Legion, players will start leaving in droves again as they realize that while stripping away every class mechanic that doesn't pertain to one's rotation does make for a more streamlined and easily comprehensive class style, it also makes everything boring as fuck. That and all the other excessive dumbing-down moves Blizzard have made over the last 5ish years, which is reaching critical mass and making the game boring and primitive for anyone who has more than two brain cells to rub together and wants some actual depth and a game that filters out retards toward the end.

axeman_sl

shitlord
There wasn't necessarily anything extremely wrong with garrisons, it's just that Blizzard thought that it could substitute for actual gameplay. If they hadn't removed almost all everyday activities from WoD, as if the existence of garrisons meant nobody had any desire to do dungeons, dailies, reps, etc., then things would've been alright. Unfortunately, they did. Some mindblowingly incompetent retard thought that players would be just as entertained standing around in their garrisons doing nothing as they would grinding dungeons and things like that -- you know, all the things people have done to pass the time throughout the history of WoW, most of which they inexplicably removed from WoD. It was pretty clear that the garrison came at the direct expense of these things.

axeman_sl

shitlord
It's not gonna be worse, but I don't think it'll be particularly impressive. Like Cataclysm level. Also, they took the ability pruning and simplification of specs to such an extreme length that I think people will get tired of WoW very quickly in Legion and subscriptions will plummet only slightly less abruptly than they did in WoD.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Rude said:
I resubbed but I think I wasted $15.  I didn't read anything and thus was unaware that garrisons are completely useless for making gold now.  Are there any dailies to do in WOD?

Hah I did the same thing.  I mean you can do all the treasures and the Tanaan stuff, but the gold making boat was in garrisons.  That was all taken away in the pre-patch.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I liked it because I was actually able to pay for my sub with it. I wish I had wised up early on release to how much money they were churning out, I'd have leveled a few other characters for it instead of just two.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Threads going to eventually turn into why we hated Garrison and what they should have done differently. I liked Garrisons for all the wrong reasons. It was a necesarry stepping stone if you wanted to be ahead of the curve. If I can get one piece of loot that could scale as high as what.. Mythic? Why wouldnt I continue to do it? If Im running low on time that week, then "oh itll be okay, I'll still get one piece of loot". Which just starts the spin down the toilet of playing less and less. Was a dumb system.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Dragonaut said:
Three weeks into Legion, players will start leaving in droves again as they realize that while stripping away every class mechanic that doesn't pertain to one's rotation does make for a more streamlined and easily comprehensive class style, it also makes everything boring as fuck. That and all the other excessive dumbing-down moves Blizzard have made over the last 5ish years, which is reaching critical mass and making the game boring and primitive for anyone who has more than two brain cells to rub together and wants some actual depth and a game that filters out retards toward the end.

I agree to a point but ultimately I think there's just a lot of BAD specs.  In fact my initial impression matched yours but as I have started playing some new chars/specs on live and beta I realize that maybe 50% of them are actually still really fleshed out and pretty fun to play - the big difference is you have to select the play style via talents now.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Palum said:
I have started playing some new chars/specs on live and beta I realize that maybe 50% of them are actually still really fleshed out and pretty fun to play - the big difference is you have to select the play style via talents now.
Even for Shadow Priests? Because half of their spec mechanic is absolutely useless outdoors.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't know, I haven't played SP. I'm saying that half the specs are actually pretty well done right now. The other half are trash to mediocre/boring. However, for the 'good' specs, you really have to spec the right way to get some more abilities back into your play style rather than rely on 6x passives.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Went from never having more than 20k at a time, to having 2.8million when they patched out the gold missions. And I bought a dozen wow-tokens when they were 22k. Amazing expansion for anyone who had a bunch of alts at cap, and was lazy.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just a reminder to add me on b.net as Noodleface#1412 if you want to raid with the boys in legion (horde) . Or join us locally on hyjal us

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Went from never having more than 20k at a time, to having 2.8million when they patched out the gold missions. And I bought a dozen wow-tokens when they were 22k. Amazing expansion for anyone who had a bunch of alts at cap, and was lazy.
Yeah, being able to freely buy whatever I want, being able to have all my toons with 36 slot hexweave bags (or whatever they are called), having 12+ months of wow tokens chilling and ready to go so I don't have to pay for it. That's why I regret not coming back way sooner and getting garrisons going.