World of Warcraft: Classic

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If I were Blizz I would slowly increase server caps over a week or so to hopefully spread out the playerbase. Otherwise they'll all clump on Asmongold's server or whatever.

Every server had a multiple hour queue. Two of the late-released excess servers actually had longer queues than whitemane, herod, or faerlina. Even that retarded named blaumau or whatever had a queue. The ones I didn't try were pacific non-pvp.

Capping to force people to relocate only works if there is somewhere to relocate to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got to lv10 and Loch Modan, cancelled my refund request.

Basically starter zone = spam click for mobs, 1000 player hell.
First zone = many bottlenecks but you can find a few untouched mobs
Second zone = actually playable

The classic wow experience. This is just like oldschool give it a few days and the big python lump will move through and you can level more normally. Aim to level in the more out of the way less popular zones if at all possible. This is back to similar how the original servers worked so the initial starting areas at launch are going to be fucking nuts but once people start getting some levels and spreading out it will be fine.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Friends trying to get me into this but I wish I could.

Any estimate on time to first Onyxia / Rag kills? Guessing a ~week?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Is there gonna be server transfers?

i'd like to casual foh but whitemane aint happening anytime soon

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Wie sind die Warteschlangen auf dem deutschem realm?
They just added another german PvP server (Patchwerk) because the queues on the two PvP servers were atrocious, 20k+ 3hours. For a company that didn't want to make german servers because there wouldn't be enough players to fill a whole server they way missed the mark.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
They just added another german PvP server (Patchwerk) because the queues on the two PvP servers were atrocious, 20k+ 3hours. For a company that didn't want to make german servers because there wouldn't be enough players to fill a whole server they way missed the mark.

Blizzard has had an almost aversion to accepting that the original game up through probably Wrath of the Lich King is more well received, recalled, and loved in memory than the modern game since Cata.

• 2Like

Fartbox

Trakanon Raider
Well I can pay for game time now, sold off my options at +83% this morning for gain of almost $71k. Bought back again to ride up as the announcements on numbers come out. Thanks Classic WoW!

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have a working bag mod? Bagnon isn't working for me. A few QoL mods really make the experience more fun, and someone said the addon framework is the same as live so most mods can be easily ported to classic.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Anyone have a working bag mod? Bagnon isn't working for me. A few QoL mods really make the experience more fun, and someone said the addon framework is the same as live so most mods can be easily ported to classic.
I am using onebag. Seemed to be working fine for me.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Is there gonna be server transfers?

i'd like to casual foh but whitemane aint happening anytime soon

Yeah, they said that once people are max level (no idea what that means exactly) there will be server transfers. I believe the same restrictions then will apply now - can transfer from PvP to PvE but not the other way around. To casual FoH then you'd want to start as Horde on a PvP server and then transfer when those become available.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Blizzard has had an almost aversion to accepting that the original game up through probably Wrath of the Lich King is more well received, recalled, and loved in memory than the modern game since Cata.
They think they can get away with it because of Hanlon's Razor. That maybe could have worked like 5 years ago, but Blizzard burnt through a lot of goodwill in recent times. I think after they tanked their reputation Classic may be the last straw for many players.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
They think they can get away with it because of Hanlon's Razor. That maybe could have worked like 5 years ago, but Blizzard burnt through a lot of goodwill in recent times. I think after they tanked their reputation Classic may be the last straw for many players.

I haven't played WoW at all minus hopping in for a few minutes, going "WHAT THE FUCK I DONT EVEN KNOW" and then unsubbing in 11 years. Classic is the only thing that could have possibly ever brought me back. Take me up through Wrath and then reset back to square 1 again for the rest of my life idc

• 2Solidarity

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Classic is the only thing that could have possibly ever brought me back. Take me up through Wrath and then reset back to square 1 again for the rest of my life idc
But who will they sell store mounts and pets to then if everyone keeps playing Classic + TBC + WotLK? Their revenue model depends on it. That is one of the reasons why the suits at Blizzard don't want Classic to be a success, it would nearly kill Live in its current form.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sell all the mounts and pets you want, I don't give a fuck. As long my as my raid achievement mount and gear stands out.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like