World of Warcraft: Classic

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Queues on Whitemane are only like 3k at 8est. I'm thinking they'll largely be gone by next weekend.

FUCK U IM 5500th IN QUEUE ATM!!111!!

See you artards in 2 hours ;_;

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I figured I'd merge the WoW thread and politics thread, lmao:

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
BTW is the whack a mole healing allowed in vanilla?
FYI: Mouseover healing is allowed, just the automatic target selection of Decursive was killed. Install the classic version of the addon Clique and bind your mouse keys to your heals/macros, or do your "/cast [@mouseover] Heal" macros by hand.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I fucked up my shoulder so took a full days rest and should probably rest another day but I GOTTA LEVEL

stay dedicated to fucking yourself up for the sake of a 15 year old game

(it's better tonight though)

• 2Ding!
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The "perfect balance" between classes thing ALWAYS happens as a result of competitive PvP. When will people understand that competitive / serious PvP and a PvE MMORPG do NOT mix? ESO is having this problem right now and it is so frustrating. They nerf class abilities and focus so heavily on balance between the classes, that it ruins all flavor and uniqueness between the classes. It's always the fault of PvP and people whining about PvP imbalance. So yeah, that's another thing Arenas did to ruin WoW. They made PvP too serious/competitive which started to make class balance too serious, which eventually sucked all the flavor out of each class.

I got kicked off while afk and came back to a 4500 Q. about 45 minutes ago.

Same thing happened to me, and it fucked 2 of my auctions that I only had at 1copper. Fuckers.

• 2Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Any other hunters use windserpent? For me this pet has been buggy as hell, finally had switch over to gorilla, should have done it sooner.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Boar is my go to and for PvP(bgs and lv60 fuckery) ill be getting that 1.0 atk speed cat from badlands. Boar is IMO best for leveling and shit because it has charge, pretty good def and good armor, not the best deeps, but the charge thing makes up for it IMO because you zoom from mob to mob quicker shaving off tons of time from lv10-60.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Part of the love for TBC/WotLK is because many classes really came into their own around that time. Some classes are pretty clunky to play in vanilla (warrior stance dancing to name but one example). One of the high points of the game for me was playing a TBC era shadow priest, which was both fun to play and had good group synergy because they provided mana regeneration, which was still very useful at the time. Also one of the rare times where they actually gave classes more interdependence and distinctiveness rather than less.
Afterwards, they started removing anything distinctive and got on their "everyone needs a secondary resource to manage!!1!" phase where the game became more about juggling things in the interface then about interacting with the world, and the game become all the worse for it.

• 2Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Just had this happen on Stalagg

Nn3LMFC.jpg

I declined but now I wish I had clicked accept to see what this fine gentleman has to say

• 1Solidarity

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Boar is my go to and for PvP(bgs and lv60 fuckery) ill be getting that 1.0 atk speed cat from badlands. Boar is IMO best for leveling and shit because it has charge, pretty good def and good armor, not the best deeps, but the charge thing makes up for it IMO because you zoom from mob to mob quicker shaving off tons of time from lv10-60.
Thunderstomp from gorilla is priceless for me for high level farming/XP, makes a great AE taunt.

• 1Solidarity

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • Ruining the talent system with MoP. Or was it Cata? Whenever they started to squish things and then take away the points system entirely. EDIT: Definitely Cataclysm. 31/10 when you're lvl 80? Fuck you.
They designed themselves into a corner with Talent points. With an expansion raising the level cap by 10, how can you justify not adding another 10 talent points to each player? You can't, they'd cry murder. But you also need to provide new talent levels. Not with TBC, could have probably fit 61 talent points in a classic build, but by level 80 at the latest you need new stuff.

So at level 70 you need new talents. And those talents must top the previous 31 talent final skills. GL topping mortal strike. And then at level 80 GL topping the thing that topped mortal strike.

That system could have never worked forever.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Part of the love for TBC/WotLK is because many classes really came into their own around that time. Some classes are pretty clunky to play in vanilla (warrior stance dancing to name but one example). One of the high points of the game for me was playing a TBC era shadow priest, which was both fun to play and had good group synergy because they provided mana regeneration, which was still very useful at the time. Also one of the rare times where they actually gave classes more interdependence and distinctiveness rather than less.
Afterwards, they started removing anything distinctive and got on their "everyone needs a secondary resource to manage!!1!" phase where the game became more about juggling things in the interface then about interacting with the world, and the game become all the worse for it.
I played Shadow Priest in late Vanilla and it was tough trying to sell Vampiric Embrace group healing and offhealing as a selling point. TBC mana battery stuff was amazing and made the class really valuable and enjoyable in raids.

So of course they removed it, then later they even removed Vampiric Embrace... so what Shadow Priest is just a Warlock now?

I think their first idea was to have other classes have the class specific buffs, normalising them. All they had to do was continue to give each spec different raid buffs.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They designed themselves into a corner with Talent points. With an expansion raising the level cap by 10, how can you justify not adding another 10 talent points to each player? You can't, they'd cry murder. But you also need to provide new talent levels. Not with TBC, could have probably fit 61 talent points in a classic build, but by level 80 at the latest you need new stuff.

So at level 70 you need new talents. And those talents must top the previous 31 talent final skills. GL topping mortal strike. And then at level 80 GL topping the thing that topped mortal strike.

Meh, they could of reworked them every expansion, gave everyone a full refund and respec. Shit, they have what, 2 yrs between every exp pack to come up with something other than removing them or just dumbing down the system to what it is today? I mean, might as well not even have them last time I played. They could of simply added a brand new tree every expansion, kind of like a bonus TBC tree with one or two new skills or some shit to choose from.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Just had this happen on Stalagg

Nn3LMFC.jpg

I declined but now I wish I had clicked accept to see what this fine gentleman has to say

"Herro! you want gold? I got gold! You got dollah? Dollah fo gold, you get mount, yes?"

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

Lol dude I was just there. Did you see a druid named Vaylia? That's funny. Literally at that exact spot. Yeah that's just the new way chinese gold farmers advertise. Annoying as hell.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Meh, they could of reworked them every expansion, gave everyone a full refund and respec. Shit, they have what, 2 yrs between every exp pack to come up with something other than removing them or just dumbing down the system to what it is today? I mean, might as well not even have them last time I played. They could of simply added a brand new tree every expansion, kind of like a bonus TBC tree with one or two new skills or some shit to choose from.

That quickly devolves into "holy fuck we have too much shit to balance". Because now you aren't just balancing X class, you're balancing X class x 10. Or that one ability that every spec "needs".

Besides, the talent system was an illusion of freedom. Sure, you could pick some completely fucked up spec, but realistically there were only a few "correct" specs. If you picked anything except those "correct" specs, then you weren't pulling your weight and were "worthless" compared to people using the "correct" specs. Min/maxing quickly figured out the optimal spec and everyone would just pick that anyways. Plus, the system made it too expensive to experiment with the massively inflating talent respec costs before gold inflation made it less of an issue. 50 gold in WOTLK isn't a big deal, but 50 gold early in Classic is a fortune.

You also had the issue of specs that weren't fun for the player, but required because of literally a single feature (IE, the Blessing of Kings paladin...if our guild was a military, BoK paladin was the equivalent of a solider being told to dig latrines and clean up the shit).

Lastly, no one likes talent resets and revamps. Legion was basically like that. We had our little talent tree on our weapon, then Blizzard is like "welp, time to start from scratch!!!". Granted, they didn't replace it with an apples/oranges type replacement, but no one likes feeling like their class got a massive reboot when it was working "fine", especially when the reboot feels like a gigantic nerf to them.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff

The intelligent move was never adding more levels, talent points, or anything else that modified to the base systems.

Rather, they should’ve added gear pieces/sets with abilities attached to them. Or even sets that unlocked new 'talent trees' you could grind through, but required you to wear that gear.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Rather, they should’ve added gear pieces/sets with abilities attached to them. Or even sets that unlocked new 'talent trees' you could grind through, but required you to wear that gear.

Isn't that BFA? lol