World of Warcraft: Classic

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did they? I don't recall FoH being too productive on Hyjal. But, I did enjoy being fed turn-ins for the AQ gate opening.

100% did. We had gotten her very close to dying a few times and he got home from work and saw and immediately flipped his shit and made us leave for Molten Core, where we got the first raid kill ever in WoW, but that was ok because it wasn't their flagship glory dragon Onyxia apparently.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think giving Rogues basically complete invisibility (and not giving the classic invis class of Warcraft, the Mage any form of that) was one dumb ass move, and of course everyone and their dog copied it on their WoW clone.

While on top of that, putting bright red Arial 32 letters saying "KILL ME PLS" above every non-stealthed player, no matter how hard the character was to actually see. Can't hide behind trees, can't hide in Bushes, can't hide anywhere. The bright red letters always gave you away. At pretty much any distance. So you're in Hillsbrad Foothills, right i at the crossing to Southshore? Yeah, you can see the low level undeads killing NPCs at that farm in the west. Not the characters. but their bright red name tags. That was so fucking dumb for an open world PVP game.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Broodthorn

He was the one that got the fancy QA mount on my server.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Didn't the original version of the Human racial Perception just give a flat Stealth detection bonus? I recall seeing rogues coming up on me on my mage, frost nova + blink + POM+AP+Flame strike+Fire blast+ frost bolt until roots broke, frost nova again and train them around if they weren't dead by then. The other 25-50% I would get stunlock smurfed....

Needless

Toe Sucker
Called that shit, whoever thought there’d be a different fee or box cost for classic is whack

Summer 2019

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
So, who's going hardcore? I never played vanilla wow thanks to EQ2. I think this is my chance.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
All this wow classic stuff and old screenshots made me wonder what happened to my character.

Sold it in 2006 but the buyer reversed the paypal payment. Back then the only way for euros to play on US servers was for someone in the USA to buy the game and set up the account, guild mate that did that for me didn't have CD keys to reclaim the account back then

Just contacted Blizzard support via web chat and a call back. Took them a while to locate the character, first they said it was transferred to a different account, then they said that new account ended to getting banned around the same time and the character deleted. What a waste lol

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
I’ve been considering reclaiming my dude too. Sold him after a few months of TBC with glad mount and BT gear, started fresh in wotlk and quit again after doing the first few raid zones. No idea if the character still exists or not.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The autistic screeching about this demo is funny. Retards actually thought blizz would put in launch servers where 200 people fought over who could tag a boar first.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
1.12 is such a different experience than 1.0-1.1. No idea what they would be expecting. I know what was in 1.12. I leveled again in 1.06 or whatever post Dire Maul, post login, realm and database server balancing. If your definition of vanilla is fighting over a low level mob kill for a quest due to population over saturation, you're a fucking idiot. It's all about the many small challenges and coordinating with 39+ other fucks to distribute gear in a social construct. Or farming out the rep for an enchant to gain prestige within a guild because you're the one asshole with the agility enchant. Or farming the stupid shoulder enchants from ZG that traced back to the Dire Maul library. Or at its core, tredging through the long ass BRM and LBRS dungeons for 3 hours to get an item with enough stamina to allow you to even survive the initial raids.

It'll probably be receive DOA when all of the mechanics are basically wiped out in raids due to addons. Though as I mentioned before, the first boss of BWL is still gonna be a mother fucker and brick wall for a lot of group who simply don't have the gear to brute force it until gear and spell upgrades are farmed from AQ20/40.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Ya 1.12 content is going to change the feel so much more than sharding or anything else. Even if they lock the dungeons and raids behind time gates the talent and spell and other changes are massive. People don't even remember, fuck in the day when quests didn't convert xp to gold it was half the reason we were so poor. I think I ran out of quests at like lvl 55 and just had to grind.

My personal hope is they give us some of those qol changes like sharding and even respect costs or something but revert or tune the dungeons and raids back to more 2005 levels or it will be faceroll.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
You didn't run out of quests at 55 by 1.12. I spent my time grinding mobs between 56-60 in Winterspring in January 2005. In 2006 you hit 60 easily with the addition of Dire Maul.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
You didn't run out of quests at 55 by 1.12. I spent my time grinding mobs between 56-60 in Winterspring in January 2005. In 2006 you hit 60 easily with the addition of Dire Maul.
Ya that's what I mean 1.12 was a huge change cause of stuff like not running out of quests, we had silithus, dm, maraudon, winterspring had more quests, epl had more quests. 1.12 was more in the vein of Tbc I think than true classic.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope we're rolling Alliance... raiding was so much easier with Pally's.

• 1Picard

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Lightshope is going autistic about the sharding. I kind of dont blame them though as multi realm is what killed a big part of the community for me. If they can do it in a way that won't then I am fine with it.

• 1Solidarity

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Multi realm and realms so big you never saw someone twice killed community. Sharding will be fine, it was fine when EQ did it for the last rounds of their progression servers didn't hurt community at all, see no reason it would be different in wow unless they massively fuck it up somehow.

• 3Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Scratch realm transfers or name changes, "stuck" to one server where you see the same names running around and manual /lfg and that is a lot of what embodied vanilla.

• 3Like