World of Warcraft: Classic

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know some of these words but could you explain more the tactic?

I know it's far fetched to take this whiny PVP issue (they're dueling so we don't get to leech any honor of their kill) to this specific scenario of a PVE encounter, but then again we're talking about Activision-Blizzard.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Have you been getting fucked over by PVP doing these quests?
I have not... Surprisingly.

Both Alliance and horde hunters have respected the queue on attempting the demons by not killing eachother.

I did kill the BS demon far away from where the line was waiting for him to path because I didn't want to wait. Kek

• 1Like

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reading this thread makes me glad I never got excited for classic. Fuck that playerbase and everyone's sense of 15 years late elitism

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Reading this thread makes me glad I never got excited for classic. Fuck that playerbase and everyone's sense of 15 years late elitism

I do enjoy the game itself even if there's wank in the community and am looking forward to being able to mix in BGs with leveling. I like being able to unlock some PvP blues, play a class at different power breakpoints, etc. Given how everything else has gone I am sorta worried that at every step of the way battlegrounds are going to be incredibly toxic. At max level I'm expecting to see the same shit that drove me away from League of Legends with far more twinking at the bottom than ever happened back in the day.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The major guild turnover/drama has already begun on my server. Trying to keep 40 people happy is just not possible. Several guilds have already collapsed as a result. The true classic experience!

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
The major guild turnover/drama has already begun on my server. Trying to keep 40 people happy is just not possible. Several guilds have already collapsed as a result. The true classic experience!

Few guilds are collapsing on Whitemane too, mostly due to loot drama

Widens the pool of recruits to poach from. Natural selection is a wonderful thing.

• 3Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
After everyone cleared everything right away with rags and spit loot drama feels so pointless. I guess if someone mathed out they're tenth in line for their BiS whatever and they've seen zero drop it might trigger an autistic freakout? That's right, you aren't going to be 100% BiS before the next content tier. Calm down Frances. It feels like upgrades are about prepping for the next tier rather than much in service of the current one. Actually leveraging increased character power out in the world has been pretty tough for me as but a humble healer. I'm hoping that BGs help give somewhere for people to show off their item level and create more incentives to get swole. Mass combat doesn't do that and neither does turning Molten Core in to a Mario Kart time trial.

I'll be disappointed if everything in BWL just falls over after an attempt or two and everyone's back to farming for the next release. The EQ TLPs were all like that where you take out the raid content immediately and spend all the time until the next unlock stuffing yourself with gear so the cycle could repeat. I'm not asking for 300 attempts at Mythic Nefarian but I'd like some hiccups and maybe a stumbling block or two.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider

I know it's far fetched to take this whiny PVP issue (they're dueling so we don't get to leech any honor of their kill) to this specific scenario of a PVE encounter, but then again we're talking about Activision-Blizzard.
They are dueling and then MCing people and killing them in the duel, for honor. That has absolutely nothing to do with helping hunters do their demon kills for the quest.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
After everyone cleared everything right away with rags and spit loot drama feels so pointless. I guess if someone mathed out they're tenth in line for their BiS whatever and they've seen zero drop it might trigger an autistic freakout? That's right, you aren't going to be 100% BiS before the next content tier. Calm down Frances. It feels like upgrades are about prepping for the next tier rather than much in service of the current one. Actually leveraging increased character power out in the world has been pretty tough for me as but a humble healer. I'm hoping that BGs help give somewhere for people to show off their item level and create more incentives to get swole. Mass combat doesn't do that and neither does turning Molten Core in to a Mario Kart time trial.

I'll be disappointed if everything in BWL just falls over after an attempt or two and everyone's back to farming for the next release. The EQ TLPs were all like that where you take out the raid content immediately and spend all the time until the next unlock stuffing yourself with gear so the cycle could repeat. I'm not asking for 300 attempts at Mythic Nefarian but I'd like some hiccups and maybe a stumbling block or two.

The fights are so simple and everyone has so much gear already shit will fall over day1 and it's not going to be close.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

BWL was never that hard its going to be on farm immediately.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
BWL was never that hard its going to be on farm immediately.

The main fun thing about Classic raiding for me is, besides Onyxia, I haven't done any of these raids before. I didn't start playing til TBC and that was near the end of that. WotLK was my first time I'd say I hardcore raided in WoW.

• 3Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
The main fun thing about Classic raiding for me is, besides Onyxia, I haven't done any of these raids before. I didn't start playing til TBC and that was near the end of that. WotLK was my first time I'd say I hardcore raided in WoW.

In vanilla we never finished AQ40 and we only got about 3 bosses in Naxx, but BWL was on farm forever.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So is Naxx going to be a bugaboo this time around? I vaguely remember drama over people poaching warriors from other guilds cross server because the strat required eight.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Every raid will be cleared on launch day by multiple guilds. This doesn't mean it will be "easy" or possible for every guild.

BWL won't present much challenge, Ouro and C'thun are the real test for your average tier guild. Most guilds will take a while to clear Naxx if at all. (provided upcoming raids aren't massively undertuned)

And everyone knows how many tanks 4HM requires.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Rag died on day 5, yet there are still guilds that have been raiding for weeks but haven’t killed him. BWL will be cleared the night it unlocks by many guilds, but there will also be a ton that can’t kill Vael or Broodlord or just take a few hours and call it during the drakes somewhere. No individual fight in BWL is all that hard but you can’t carry deadweight quite as easily as you can in MC unless people are flasked and world buffed etc.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
About 20 deaths to get from flight point to BRD. Woo Classic...

• 2Worf