World of Warcraft: Classic

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I leveled my druid to 60 in vanilla as resto. Why?? Because I am a moron.
I did the same, luckily I had a group of friends at the time so i was the main dungeon healer but if I ever had to solo quest, it was a nightmare.

Once we had MC on farm, it was 2 days of MC and the rest of my days farming jujus or picking flowers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It drives me crazy to be in a dungeon where I could take advantage of Shackle Undead and no one will let me even in a goddamn Mythic+. I hate that it's just the standard to tank whatever the pack is in its entirety.
Problem simply is that mana is not a resource, heals are just way too fast, therefore just tanking everything and taking assloads of damage is no problem.

Now, if mana were a resource, and a good heal took 10 seconds to cast... but no, that's just absurd.

• 1Worf

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
did same with my priest, but basically lived in dungeons because its just way more fun / about as efficient and way better gear than just boring ass solo questing
Wasn't the problem with dungeon loot that it was far lower in level than the boss who dropped it and you had to be very close to the bosses level due to hard caps on damage?

Like level 35 bosses in a dungeon dropping level 27 blues, which were not as good as level 35 greens.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Wasn't the problem with dungeon loot that it was far lower in level than the boss who dropped it and you had to be very close to the bosses level due to hard caps on damage?

Like level 35 bosses in a dungeon dropping level 27 blues, which were not as good as level 35 greens.
Nah. As an example, Herod in SM is level 37 and drops ilvl 42-43 blues that require level 37-38 to equip and are better than greens of the same ilvl.

There are plenty of blues throughout vanilla that have shitty stat distributions compared to greens, but in general dungeon gear was good.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Naw, dungeon loot was mostly good in classic. I did a lot of my original vanilla leveling as prot and lived in dungeons, and when chaining dungeons I could get much better loot/experience than solo questing, but it was rare to chain dungeons.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
You could also bring a level 27 healer in with a 32-33 group, but you had to be careful due to the ridiculously large aggro radius of lower level characters in dungeons.

oh I just realized, this will bring back +spirit as an item stat...
But also mp5.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Alliance all the way for pve cuz salvation?

Don't care for Pallies taking Ashkandi from warriors tho.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The absolute abysmal state of Vanilla Pally tanking is why I won’t roll one. Spamming flash of light as I scroll through the raid trying to hit the right blessings sounds boring as fuck.

• 1Solidarity

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The absolute abysmal state of Vanilla Pally tanking is why I won’t roll one. Spamming flash of light as I scroll through the raid trying to hit the right blessings sounds boring as fuck.

The one thing I'll enjoy is watching those that never got to experience the days of spamming flash of light and targets on decursive coming to realize how utterly shit Vanilla raiding was for a lot of classes. Not that I wouldn't hit BoP on the MT to keep DPS on their toes and alleviate the boredom in BWL, pretty sure the constant trying to sabotage a boring raid became a meta game with the guildies with everyone trying to get everyone else killed. Definitely a good time once it was on alt farm status.

• 1Solidarity

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
So downranking spells to preserve mana, might be a thing or not? I remember using lower ranks of Shadowbolt because +spelldmg scaled them up close enough to the max rank but they used almost no mana.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
people are starting to stream the early beta. The Barrens only, but you can get an idea of what vanilla version they're using.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I felt TBC was still boring on pally. I raid healed up to tide walker when we needed a Murloc tank. Our second warrior wasn’t good at ae tanking. Or main tanking really. But he did get gear to be uncrushable.....handed to him....by me...AE tanking instances on guild respec dime.

I still spammed FOL and made sure everyone had their 30 minute blessings. Sometimes I died so people didn’t have to run back.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
If I remember right I pretty much stopped even trying to raid when they broke decursive. My memory is fuzzy but I remember there was a fight where the whole raid or damn near it got a debuff, maybe the dog one. With the mod you spammed cleanse until the icons were gone. After the “fix” you had to manually target and cast and it was just fucking ponderous. One of the reasons I never liked raiding much was the whole all you do is look at health bars issue, the rest of the screeen may as well have been blacked out.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
You know nothing of the pain of vanilla pally until you have to buff 40 with the 5 minute version of that buff. fuuuccccck.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know nothing of the pain of vanilla pally until you have to buff 40 with the 5 minute version of that buff. fuuuccccck.

Then imagine that the buffs were 30 seconds instead of 5 minutes, and it only worked in your group, and they had to be close by you. Paladins complaining about buffing, what was there a smudge on the silver spoon in your ass?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
people are starting to stream the early beta. The Barrens only, but you can get an idea of what vanilla version they're using.
They aren’t using a true vanilla version, it’s a Legion client. Talents are 1.12, items are 1.12, content will be gated, 16 debuff slots, etc.