World of Warcraft: Classic

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I keep seeing people bringing up Naxx attunement but any guild worth raiding in there had all their members exalted to AD.

Bro, shadow protection potions. Holy shit the bitching that went on about people not farming for those things lol.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just remember very aggressive aggro distances in old dungeons leveling up. If you were a healer, guaranteed you were like 2-4 levels under par for the instance, but your heals were fine -- and your aggro range was insane. Had a Scarlet Monastery run where the priest pulled from an adjacent wall and it trained two entire hallways on us. Similar shit happened in Gnomeregan, where the downward spiral could aggro-train everything on the ground below.
Day 1 Scholomance

*drops mic*

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiki

Log Wizard
I see tons of people jumping on this until they figure out how long leveling actually took back in the day.

Also, I would like the experience of being Alliance this time so I too can cheese Razorgore but pvp might suck.

EDIT: Can't wait for those High Warlord groups for 3 months straight.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I see tons of people jumping on this until they figure out how long leveling actually took back in the day.

Also, I would like the experience of being Alliance this time so I too can cheese Razorgore but pvp might suck.

I bet the leveling curve is a bit more friendly. Especially given how hard questing fell off and you were left to grind in Vanilla.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

Especially if you pick human. That intro area sucks the worst. Randomly booted up an emu, it took me an entire afternoon to get from like level 1 to 4 as a rogue, and I got murdered by accidentally aggroing more than 2 defias at a time.... These days you can get to level 110 in like 3 days. It took me a solid 4 months to reach max level, but that's because I got banned the first weekend for three days (fucking rules bullshit that didn't apply during beta) and ended up several levels behind friends, which meant I wasn't able to run dungeons as easily and shit. Was virtually on my own until I hit high 50's.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Assuming they give us 1.12 the curve isn't really that bad, some of the worst grind was just that so many top level zones were not done so you ran out of quests. No silithus, wintervale? being half done, plaguelands half done, all made shit take way long. also a huge grind was the gold grind for mounts before they changed max level quests to convert xp to gold. I think people forget that there were no quests giving 5 gold in classic, it was more like 5 silver.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some people want a true vanilla experience while others want vanilla with quality of life improvements. Either way, there's going to be a lot of butt hurt people out there when this comes out.
Yea, but not having Draenei/Blood Elves or Dungeon Finder....blah, DF should be in at the very least.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yea, but not having Draenei/Blood Elves or Dungeon Finder....blah, DF should be in at the very least.
Dungeon finder is one of the things that absolutely should not be in. Its one of the main differences from vanilla.

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
I wouldn't totally hate if they had a LFG system though, but I agree dungeon finder itself like teleporting me there I just don't want.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
ITT I learned that everyone is gay for Classic but only if they add a bunch of faggy expac content.

Lulz

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Especially if you pick human. That intro area sucks the worst. Randomly booted up an emu, it took me an entire afternoon to get from like level 1 to 4 as a rogue, and I got murdered by accidentally aggroing more than 2 defias at a time.... These days you can get to level 110 in like 3 days. It took me a solid 4 months to reach max level, but that's because I got banned the first weekend for three days (fucking rules bullshit that didn't apply during beta) and ended up several levels behind friends, which meant I wasn't able to run dungeons as easily and shit. Was virtually on my own until I hit high 50's.

My very first character was a human warrior. I died first before I even encountered a defias bandit! I happened to stand in a camp fire and yes, literally stood in the fire and died. Good times! :D

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I feel like you are under selling this by a factor of ten. the classic servers will draw millions. 5 mil would not shock me.

I remember the original onyixia keys too, when it was like one key per ubrd clear and we were running it over and over for ten hours per day. or when you could raid group instances and stilt scholo and strata were so hard you had 15 man raids doing them, dropping group before a quest mob died so you could cheese the code that made quest not completable in raids.
You are kidding yourself. They might even get 5M people, but 90% will be gone in a week when they rediscover how much vanilla sucked. They'd be better off running a few basic servers and spinning up extra instances for launch. Especially if they start any lower than 1.12, because before that the game was pretty rough. Like, Deus Ex graphics level of rough.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm sure some people enjoy the vanilla experience bu yeah a lot of people will be like "oh right, it was like that", and after a few times of that, they'll just log the fuck off and bitch about getting BC or WotLK instead. Which honestly would be a lot better.

Shit like farming Black Lotus for hours for your flasks for raids, flight paths to Tanaris/Silithus, gold taking forever so you were stuck with the normal mount for a while unless you got super lucky on that 1h sword epic random drop or playing the AH, keying like all of it with Naxx actually being the least annoying in my memory but probably because it released so late, the AQ event fucking nonsense, the horde/alliance "balance" or fuck your fear wards/threat/mana regen, have some more damage instead. Click the FUCKING PORTAL MOTHERFUCKERS STOP RUNNING AFTER THE ONE ROGUE AND GODDAMNIT NOW HERE'S SOME ALLIANCE RAIDING GUILD WE HAVE TO FIGHT AGAIN AND OH LOOK AT THAT RAID NIGHT IS OVER. 40man raids, as a whole. 7mins to runback to Nef's room after every wipe. Decursing(although I'm sure someone will remod decursive again so that should be fine). 5mins blessings that require a reagent to cast. Here let me open trade with 20people for soulstones and healthstones, oh and btw I need to run out and get more soulshards brb in 10mins. Tranq Shot Used, RETARDEDHUNTER420 next... a few seconds later tank dies cause no tranq shot. "Eh guys I'll be afk for the next 2hours in Kargath, making drinks/food for the raid, leave a tell if you need something"

And all that for what, doing some old ass raids with outdated mechanics that'll be a fuckton easier because of better mods and being used to way harder shit. Meh no thanks, but eh some people like playing emulated servers so surely there's some demand.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
There's pretty huge demand, there are thousands of people even right now playing emu servers. It will be interesting for people that never experienced the game in Vanilla, but I'm betting 95% of them don't stick around. Blizzard is aware they're making these servers for a niche and not for the general playerbase, and I think that's fine.

I think a big shock to everyone that didn't play is going to be simply downranking spells or being OOM in 24 seconds. lol

• 1Worf

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Assuming they give us 1.12 the curve isn't really that bad, some of the worst grind was just that so many top level zones were not done so you ran out of quests. No silithus, wintervale? being half done, plaguelands half done, all made shit take way long. also a huge grind was the gold grind for mounts before they changed max level quests to convert xp to gold. I think people forget that there were no quests giving 5 gold in classic, it was more like 5 silver.

Average levelling time to 60 was 9 days of /played time, so a bit over 200 hours. There was absolutely no need to grind to hit 60, unless you never ever had rested experience or skipped every levelling dungeon.
One of the major culprit in keeping the available money low, was the cost of the spells, more often than not players were forced to skip some less useful spells.
A level 40 mount costed about 90g with the riding skill training and the epic mount went up to 900g. Farming gold was difficult, but not impossible, the AH helped a lot of course.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Average levelling time to 60 was 9 days of /played time, so a bit over 200 hours. There was absolutely no need to grind to hit 60, unless you never ever had rested experience or skipped every levelling dungeon.
One of the major culprit in keeping the available money low, was the cost of the spells, more often than not players were forced to skip some less useful spells.
A level 40 mount costed about 90g with the riding skill training and the epic mount went up to 900g. Farming gold was difficult, but not impossible, the AH helped a lot of course.
9 days /played was fast by release standards, I'd say 12-15 was closer to average and that's for people who actually pushed to 60 and raided.

Many people did have to grind in the mid/late 50s at launch because there were a lot fewer quests available at 50+. Silithus was basically empty, the plaguelands had a lot fewer quests, winterspring had fewer quests, there were almost no class quests, etc. Almost all of my EQ guild rerolled together on vanilla so I did more dungeon runs than your typical wow player and I still don't think I could have quested all the way to 60.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

So you never played classic I see

• 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If they upgrade the client to directx 11 and use modern textures IT ISN'T PURE