World of Warcraft: Classic

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got tomorrow off. Hoping to get a good long weekend of leveling in. Get up early and glue myself to the chair.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So doing some maths here, putting the server caps at a conservative 20K each, plus the 80K in the queues last night I would say they have roughly 700K people in US alone. But who knows what their server caps really are.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Grouped up with some guy named Urala that ended up saying his name was Tyen and he was in the EQ FoH guild, but claims he isn't the Tyen we know from the forums. Sounds like bullshit but I directed him to the forums

• 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Grouped up with some guy named Urala that ended up saying his name was Tyen and he was in the EQ FoH guild, but claims he isn't the Tyen we know from the forums. Sounds like bullshit but I directed him to the forums

giphy.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Eh they were serviceable it was a meat shield that was disposable. Hunter pets also had issues both were a lot more squishy and a lot harder for their controller to keep healed.

Speaking of Hunter Pets. Is this a state of classic when Hunter cat pets are far superior and make it almost impossible to cast if one is attacking you?

So according to that graph, the streamer server, Faerlina, has more players in the queue than Whitemane, but has a much faster queue? So either Whitemane has shittier hardware, or people on Faerlina log off far more often. How did Whitemane end up so popular anyways? Is it really the meme of "white"?

Like I decided on Veeshan in Everquest day 1, because duh, she's the top dog. She's in the damn intro video. And I made the right choice too. Why are so many on Whitemane?

Last edited:

Panik

N00b
Was able to get on last night. had to log off to take my kid to baseball practice. After practice, during prime time let me get right back in. no que. Just need to get a guild invite. The warlock class is a blast to play

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I saw a level 36 priest on Horde side on Fairbanks last night, he's the highest I've seen. I also saw someone 10 boxing last night, which REALLY brought me back. lol

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If the queues fuck people enough for the first month or so that people fall far behind, I'll organize a couple other people to help power level anyone that got left behind in levels due to the queues.

I will 100% be down to help with that when and where i can

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Highest online for horde right now is 41. I think I heard something about a mage in the 50's

52 mage (well almost 52).

There is also Alkaizer whose group is 46 or so, think there is some people in between as solo hunters / mages

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I haven't kept up with MMO shit or Blizz at all, but it seems really weird that they seem to be basically banking on the idea that subs for Classic will tank after an initial push. "Just wait till everyone quits" isn't really a solution.

It is when you want everyone to quit so you can say "see I told you you didn't actually want it"...

• 1Like

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, I dont see a rag kill happening this week
But will there be a 5-man Rivendare? Maybe. I distinctly remember some FoH /guild chatter about how that was "The hardest thing I've done in my life".

Nowadays I'm thinking everyone just farms up some of the Holy Water from the crates scattered around Stratholme and lets rip when the skeletons spawn. 5-man Vanilla Scholomance is where it would really be at. Those trash packs were pretty nutty at times, with the sole wandering member who pulled the rest of their batch if they themselves were aggroed. Freakin' domino effect in that first room.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
5 man vanilla pre nerf scholo divided boys from men for sure

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Queue is definitely better. 4k at 12pst. Was around 8k around 12 yesterday and before. Later in the day though, even 4k is a bit rough.