World of Warcraft: Classic

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I wish I had used a guide (and questie) for the first bit of the game. The Barrens ran me around really bad. It's cleared up a lot as I've left that zone behind but I really blew a ton of time doing very little.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
AllyRoute has been great so far for Alliance. If it has you change continent it's always for 1-2 levels. Has a few grinding steps but you can do a dungeon instead.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been using that one someone posted here that the guy changed to charging for. For the most party its been nice, you do switch zones alot sometimes but its usually to connect some quest together for a upcoming zone. They do skip all elites/dungeons though mostly(don't really haev to grind when it says to), so I am a bit ahead of there it says you should be.

I think the worst thing so far about it is hanging on to so many quest items sometimes, with how brutal inventory management is starting out, plus I picked up herbalism, bag space has just been crazy, I have deleted so much when out killing, even with mailing stuff to a storage alt when possible. Not to mention as a hunter an entire bag spot is devoted to arrows.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Lol, yeah, I remember now. As a hunter with LW I had for a time one bag slot for arrows and one for a LW pouch. And because I was poor I couldn't afford the biggest bags of the day so yeah... life was tough... good times! :D

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Actually looking like I can do a solid amount of questing at work. Even managed SM Library this morning with Seb and Perling.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Imma work some this weekend days but yeah Ive basically called the week off for work as well.

If someone's looking for a nice, quiet, mid 30s place to grind to level quickly, the fish off the coast south of shadowprey village are a solid choice. Right next to a horde base, so no ganking, very little competition, the mobs drop almost 2 silver each, go from 33 to about 36 so you can use them all the way through the 30s, vendor right next to you, flight path as well. Its nice.

And they don't run so you can solo them and not have to worry about too many adds

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So based on cloth supply if I had to guess I'd say the average level is lower than we think. I'd say it is more like 24-34 to be honest. If you search for Linen/Wool/Silk/Mageweave/Runecloth you can get a pretty good idea what the average level is. Silk is by far the most common outside of Linen right now and silk drops between 20-34ish.

1102 Linen Cloth for sale
361 Wool Cloth
904 Silk Cloth
238 Mageweave
90 Runecloth

For Stalagg Alliance at least.

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
So based on cloth supply if I had to guess I'd say the average level is lower than we think. I'd say it is more like 24-34 to be honest. If you search for Linen/Wool/Silk/Mageweave/Runecloth you can get a pretty good idea what the average level is. Silk is by far the most common outside of Linen right now and silk drops between 20-34ish.

1102 Linen Cloth for sale
361 Wool Cloth
904 Silk Cloth
238 Mageweave
90 Runecloth

For Stalagg Alliance at least.
I feel like, at least on the horde side, wool cloth is naturally less abundant than linen and silk. Perhaps it has to do with so many beasts in the barrens and relatively fewer humanoids. I've noticed this happen many times where wool cloth becomes quite a bit more valuable (on the auction house) than either linen or silk.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I feel like, at least on the horde side, wool cloth is naturally less abundant than linen and silk. Perhaps it has to do with so many beasts in the barrens and relatively fewer humanoids. I've noticed this happen many times where wool cloth becomes quite a bit more valuable (on the auction house) than either linen or silk.

That's true I think. I'm selling Wool for more than Silk atm. However, the fact that there's still so little Mageweave and Runecloth tells me that the average level is lower than people might think. So don't feel like you're behind and get all anxious and ruin your fun. Just relax and enjoy yourself, because most people are still in their 20's and early 30's.

man I really fucked up, there were 3 pairs of trolls bane leggings 32 hours ago for just over 1g and I didn't buy em. I thought something was off with there being so many pairs for so low. But of course it was just some strange anomaly for the time and I just missed out on like 30g profit. But that 30g is huge cos it would have given me more capital to buy even more. SLow gains right now, slow gains. People are so knowledgeable about the twink items now, bleh.

Last edited:

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So is there any hope on the 14 day completion of raid content that I heard about? Curious how close people are to start taking down targets. Looks like WoW Classic is going fairly well for folks. Most people I know personally around in the mid 20's to 30's but the couple of hard core guilds I speak to are starting to fill out their max level rosters.

Edit: I know APES cleared in 6 days but was mainly talking about some the folks/guilds we know and/or from the EQ Progression servers. Good luck fellas!!

Last edited:

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Well, that’s a response...

EBD5A61F-CDF4-4108-8E5C-29B6DF088514.png

• 7Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 7 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Lack of Wool Cloth might be instance-related too. More humanoids in the Alliance-side type dungeons also, right? I tend to get most of the Wool Cloth I've had from Razorfen Kraul instead of Shadowfang Keep.

Silk is stupid common because of Scarlet Monastery. That stuff drops like crazy.

Fartbox

Trakanon Raider
Now up to almost $1M on ATVI from $85k starting pre-WoW classic launch. It will hold a special place in my heart now more than ever.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are the class quests a future patch? This guide is saying to pick up a level 52 hunter quest from trainer, but they are not there(the quest, not the trainer).