World of Warcraft: Classic

Needless

Toe Sucker
i'll be back on whitemane eventually, theres a massive CD on server transfers on the classic era realms lol

Ezekiel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I rolled alliance on whitemane a couple weeks ago. Lots of people leveling, though I’m taking it slow (lvl 28). Human rogue: Ezekaiel

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is it just me or is this new hardcore server in 2 days just not doing it for anyone? Seems like it has the least excitement and looking forward too then anything else, even the first seasonal server.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is it just me or is this new hardcore server in 2 days just not doing it for anyone? Seems like it has the least excitement and looking forward too then anything else, even the first seasonal server.
the twitter mongers think the hardcore server is the best idea ever and will tell you you are a piece of shit for thinking otherwise. But other than that, no one I know gives 2 shits.

Ezekiel

Fresh server is a fresh server I guess, but no way I’m re-rolling two weeks after I just did.

Needless

Toe Sucker
they need to axe SOM and just do classic+ in the style of a TLP server, but we wont see or hear anything about that until blizzcon at the earliest

i'll probably dick around on HC for like a day but theres really no appeal to it other than its the only actual "fresh" server lol

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
My guild has some super casuals and they are interested. But i think its mostly because its a "fresh" server and they are classic virgins who didnt start playing til wrath or later amd so its "new" to them. but for the most part, Blizz hc server is the worst of both worlds.

None of the challenge or sense of accomplishment from the hc addon, yet all the drawbacks of a blizzard ran permadeath server with no appeal process.

I expect it to fizzle out in a week or 2.

Ezekiel

Pretty buggy patch they released today that borked all addons. Talents are missing, retail options menu. Gonna be a rough start for HC in two days if they don’t fix this.
On the plus side, the forums are a laugh riot.

• 1Worf

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
I'm going to play it. I did a priest to lvl 14 to prove to myself I could do it and then I'm just going to run dungeons as much as possible. But yeah, at this point I'm a filthy casual who's going to play a few hours a week and when I die, I'm probably done.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Well my wife and child go to bed at 9pm and I go to bed at 11pm, so yeah. Super slow.

• 1Like

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'll enjoy it for a few hours a week. If I get really invested in a character, and it dies, i'll probably just switch to the regular classic server and continue that character there.

• 1Like

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
Hardcore realms in 1 hour 30 min

Can transfer to basically any era major server cluster with the exception of two single servers that arent allowing transfers. The major ones are mankrik and whitemane for eras big pops and you can transfer to those connected clusters.

Ill be rolling alliance on the Eastern timezone server

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure I'm rolling an undead warlock on HC. But it's only going to be for me to screw around on.

Jasker

HC

Attachments

• HC.jpg
    HC.jpg
    667.8 KB · Views: 117

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Logged in, saw that shit, logged out. I'll give it a few days but 0.0% chance I'm sitting around waiting for fucking wolves to spawn.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lol the NE area was no where near as bad, worst part was the saytr turnin that turns into a frog for like 30 seconds just outside of the newb zone

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jasker

The announce date for HC was basically instant to release, yet classic WoW took years. SoM took how dang long for announce to release?

HC is on t***ewow and other private servers where tur***wow has a playerbase of 8k people or more and they dont take down the server even WITH HC release.

A guy just posted about how era classic client has 7 layers to it now basically destroying the version altogether for open world pvp and meaningfulness in multiple contexts.

All our addons are broken and strangely no devs are interested in fixing most of them despite the fact that... era and HC are allegedly just as popular as wotlk. HC MUST be very popular with our client if you look at all discord activity on HC and realize the HC numbers on private servers themselves, the activity must be massive for official blizz HC.

Bots are sort of banned then not banned for era, economy is in shambles for some items but not other items strangely.

People are getting banned for certain things but not other things....

Guys...

what the F is going on here?

Do i even need to MENTION how the wow classic red**it subforum for classic wow is basically ONLY era and HC posts and wotlk is barely even mentioned? FIVE THOUSAND people at any given time are looking at the R subforum.

PEOPLE, is this NOT adding up to anyone else?

What is going on????

Last edited:

Ezekiel

The announce date for HC was basically instant to release, yet classic WoW took years. SoM took how dang long for announce to release?

HC is on t***ewow and other private servers where tur***wow has a playerbase of 8k people or more and they dont take down the server even WITH HC release.

A guy just posted about how era classic client has 7 layers to it now basically destroying the version altogether for open world pvp and meaningfulness in multiple contexts.

All our addons are broken and strangely no devs are interested in fixing most of them despite the fact that... era and HC are allegedly just as popular as wotlk. HC MUST be very popular with our client if you look at all discord activity on HC and realize the HC numbers on private servers themselves, the activity must be massive for official blizz HC.

Bots are sort of banned then not banned for era, economy is in shambles for some items but not other items strangely.

People are getting banned for certain things but not other things....

Guys...

what the F is going on here?

Do i even need to MENTION how the wow classic red**it subforum for classic wow is basically ONLY era and HC posts and wotlk is barely even mentioned? FIVE THOUSAND people at any given time are looking at the R subforum.

PEOPLE, is this NOT adding up to anyone else?

What is going on????
While I might eventually give official HC a shot (though admittedly I don’t really see the appeal in this type of game), I’m going to give it some time I think.
1. I don’t much care about being first, in fact I prefer to level in relative peace. A few weeks behind the curve seems perfect. Functioning economy, established guilds, less competition for mobs.
2. I’m hoping they revert the client update, or that the addons get updated shortly to work, at least.

Also, seriously, what is the appeal? Especially when you just transfer to era when you die? I’d be more interested in buffed content that forces you to play near perfectly or group for normal mobs. Not easy content where the penalty for failure is re-roll. That just promotes selfish, overly-cautious play, doesn’t it?