World of Warcraft: Classic

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Rogue or Shaman tank appeal to me.

Shaman exploding in lightning and thunder was always such a dope class fantasy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe I am off. But how does making other classes able to tank/heal help? The people that want to tank and heal, are still the same. You might get a few that switch from dps to those 2 roles because its a more fun way to heal/tank then current implementation. But in the end, people don't play those roles because of the responsibility that gets put on them. This feels like its just going to give the people that already tank/heal another choice, but the shortage will still be there. These 2 roles have always been in shortage in any kind of rpg(mmo or otherwise).

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
At a minimum it lets the people that want to do those roles play other shit, so it should increase the pool.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe I am off. But how does making other classes able to tank/heal help? The people that want to tank and heal, are still the same. You might get a few that switch from dps to those 2 roles because its a more fun way to heal/tank then current implementation. But in the end, people don't play those roles because of the responsibility that gets put on them. This feels like its just going to give the people that already tank/heal another choice, but the shortage will still be there. These 2 roles have always been in shortage in any kind of rpg(mmo or otherwise).
I think its more to it than that. But we all know that this is just going to boil down to the "meta" build, anyways. This'll just be a good time in Discord if we're being serious.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With basic classic, you have to spec into prot or feral to tank and thats only 2 classes that can do it. With the runes a rogue can now tank for example by applying all tanking runes. And since you can change them whenever, you dont have to go to town and respec talents. I like playing a rogue, and Ive sat trying to find a tank for hours. If I could just throw on some runes and tank for my group it makes it so much easier.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
"Let's make a group for Dire Maul!"

"Can't find a fucking tank AGAIN"

"Oh the healer got bored and left!"

"Guess I'll swap my glyphs to tanking since I'd rather that than sit in Orgrimmar for hours waiting"

Not sure why this is controversial, are you guys lazy DPS who never tank, or elitist tanks who think they are indespensible?

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Let's make a group for Dire Maul!"

"Can't find a fucking tank AGAIN"

"Oh the healer got bored and left!"

"Guess I'll swap my glyphs to tanking since I'd rather that than sit in Orgrimmar for hours waiting"

Not sure why this is controversial, are you guys lazy DPS who never tank, or elitist tanks who think they are indespensible?

And how often has this happened, when there is someone who can already tank/heal in party but they will not change because they dont like/want to play that role. It happened all the time to me. You think just because people can, they will. You couldn't be more wrong. Yes the chances increase as you increase the pool of possible choices, but I get the feeling its still going to be a big shortage. People play dps to avoid responsibility, especially in pugs. Groups of friends are far more likely to be flexible, but they are usually a lot less demanding of the who switch to help out.

Iirc when dual specs came out, it hardly solved that problem. It was more of now the tank/heal people could have a dps when they wanted.

In the end though, this is all blizzard can do really. They are not going to re-design the game/combat to solve the problem. So this their "fix".

Chris

Potato del Grande
And how often has this happened, when there is someone who can already tank/heal in party but they will not change because they dont like/want to play that role. It happened all the time to me. You think just because people can, they will. You couldn't be more wrong. Yes the chances increase as you increase the pool of possible choices, but I get the feeling its still going to be a big shortage. People play dps to avoid responsibility, especially in pugs. Groups of friends are far more likely to be flexible, but they are usually a lot less demanding of the who switch to help out.

Iirc when dual specs came out, it hardly solved that problem. It was more of now the tank/heal people could have a dps when they wanted.

In the end though, this is all blizzard can do really. They are not going to re-design the game/combat to solve the problem. So this their "fix".
It's not all or nothing. As long as some people are willing to tank then it's a good change.

Wait times dramtically went down after dual spec was introduced.

There is no reason why every class can't have a heal or tank option.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
With basic classic, you have to spec into prot or feral to tank and thats only 2 classes that can do it. With the runes a rogue can now tank for example by applying all tanking runes. And since you can change them whenever, you dont have to go to town and respec talents. I like playing a rogue, and Ive sat trying to find a tank for hours. If I could just throw on some runes and tank for my group it makes it so much easier.

The counter is that every DPS warrior who sits waiting for a tank could easily respec or throw on some tanking gear. Ergo, hoping that enough rogues will tank spec seems overly optimistic

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I get the tanking argument if we're talking raids or mythic+ in retail where the tank responsibility is super high, but classic tanking is easy and a lot more fun imo. I like rogues, but I also like tanking sometimes, so it works out great, and all I have to do is switch one rune (I only saw one tanking rune for rogues) and maybe swap a few pieces of gear depending how hard the content is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
It’s good to have alternative class role choices in a pinch for sure, judging off the paladin skills that class is going to be a monster in all 3 roles, I’d be incredibly surprised if they aren’t the strongest class along with mages

I like the cross faction additions too like Druid’s getting a wind fury aura while in a form to their group

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It sounds fun, and I dont mind tanking or healing, hell I was blood dk forever, it was fun as hell. Will be interesting to play other classes doing it, along with the other changes. Plus with a level 25 cap to start, can try out a bunch of them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Being able to tank UBRS runs as a rogue and hard ressing the swords is a fucking dream. Eat shit warriors.

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The warrior stuff looks like QoL stuff that makes tanking not suck as much in classic, things like devastate and warbringer that you normally get in WotLK are brought forward to classic.

As it is, classic prot warrior works well when you play it like people played EQ in 2004, i.e. give the tank a few seconds to build aggro before calling assist. With today's playstyle where no one has any patience for anything, you are constantly rage starved and running after mobs going every which way and it's generally just a frustrating experience.

Definitely interested in playing this. Have they said what level you get these runes?

Chris

Potato del Grande
By the way, the waiting for a tank and saying "fuck, I'll do it myself" happened with me.

I tanked Stratholme Scarlet Side as a Shadow Priest in Vanilla. We had a MC gear guild group but I could keep threat and only died once. It was very fun but also very challenging.

I also got all the Tier 1.5 gear on Druid and a few AQ pieces to Druid tank though that's less of an acheivement. It was my first time tanking ever though in any game, all it took was some worthless hybrid gear nobody wanted.

I have an IRL friend who is very tanking/healing adverse so I get where some of you are coming from, but I think they just need a push to see that it's viable.