World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dalien

Registered Hodor
For some reason, T1 crafted weapons (both smithing and inscription) are still selling for thousands of gold on many servers too; you can make a silly huge profit on GR that way.
They sell well because they're ilvl 630 and level 90s can equip them. Pretty big power boost considering quest rewards and heirloom weapons are in the low 500s at that level.

Going into Legion we're going to be overflowing with GR considering all the gold missions are getting changed to GR rewards (and treasure hunters will be changed into scavengers for even more GR). For any alts staying in Draenor the best way to cash those GR in will probably be tailoring bags, and any pets or mounts that can be made with WoD mats.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup if you are making an alt hit 91 and buy or make one of those weapons. They are insanely amazing for alt leveling getting a max dungeon level item at 91 and even the upgrades can be used at 91. I had one alt paladin at level 91 with an ilevel 675 weapon he took a couple hours to hit 100 it was pretty lol worthy.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Considering the heirlooms are 605 at lvl 100 yea... a 630+ weapon is pretty dope.

But if you have heirlooms and you're going to spend thousands of gold you're better off buying exp potions and doing the bonus objective trick.

Rime

<Donor>
Mythic Gorefiend down after 128 attempts/11 nights on it. Semi-Casual raiding group on a dead Horde server. /flex

Now for the slog towards Tyrant.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Ha. I have heard.

We hope to get Socrethar/Iksar/Fel Lord down in our next raid night, then will come the fight about extending the lockout or not.
You won't have any problems with those three after gore. Iskar can be a little annoying, but nothing on the level of gore.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Part of the pre-expansion event is up on the beta servers. Everyone liked the Scourge plague before WotLK, right?
biggrin.png

DavivMcD

Peasant
They sell well because they're ilvl 630 and level 90s can equip them. Pretty big power boost considering quest rewards and heirloom weapons are in the low 500s at that level.

Going into Legion we're going to be overflowing with GR considering all the gold missions are getting changed to GR rewards (and treasure hunters will be changed into scavengers for even more GR). For any alts staying in Draenor the best way to cash those GR in will probably be tailoring bags, and any pets or mounts that can be made with WoD mats.
Hell unless they change the ilvls of heirlooms, those 630 weapons should still be useful for alt leveling in Legion, up til you get your artifact.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If they follow suit with previous expansions they should be tuning the intro quests for like ilevel 600.

Cybsled

Part of the pre-expansion event is up on the beta servers. Everyone liked the Scourge plague before WotLK, right?
biggrin.png
Scourge plague event was fun as fuck. Can you go around and PK afk and AH bots/infect the auction house? ;p

Rime

<Donor>
Only in Stormwind and Orgrimmar.
It is entirely optional, from what I have heard/seen. You cannot just randomly gank people. They have to be infected with the Whispers... which can be just clicked off.

So it is very neutered compared to the WotLK event.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Hell unless they change the ilvls of heirlooms, those 630 weapons should still be useful for alt leveling in Legion, up til you get your artifact.
Well, artifact weapon is only like 4 quests into the expansion, unless they change it. So I wouldn't worry too much about needing weapon heirlooms.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Well, artifact weapon is only like 4 quests into the expansion, unless they change it. So I wouldn't worry too much about needing weapon heirlooms.
Remember, each expansion is designed so that characters can enter the expansion after just completing a handful of quests at the end of the previous. Since your weapon is what affects most your capacity to kill the expansion enemies, they can't delay much when you get a suitable one to replace the green/blue quest weapon you last got.

- Draenor: 2nd quest after entering the Dark Portal
- Pandaria: 3rd quest after being told to report to your Faction leader
(previously, it was variable, since they designed those quest to give you a choice of rewards without taking your class/spec in account, so they couldn't stuff 10 weapons as a quest reward)

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No official word. Prepatch is generally 1-2 months before the actual launch, so probably some time in June, following the Movie.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Celestalon wrote to explain to all alpha brewmasters that they are not good, while he is, that Brewmaster (currently exploding when looked at sideways by mobs on alpha) is overpowered and players just don't get it and a bunch of extra nonsense. The average monk reply sees to be "fuck you, I'll switch main".
The new Brewmaster is stupid, boring, retarded and unintuitive, plus a tad broken and frankly it's not even a little bitfun. It was pretty much perfect, now it's shit that shits shit and he and his developer friends can play and be one of the 10 BrM left in WoW.

Shadow priest seems fun, will probably end up being shit in half the content, but at least it's fun.

I guess I'll play Death Knight once again.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Celestalon wrote to explain to all alpha brewmasters that they are not good, while he is, that Brewmaster (currently exploding when looked at sideways by mobs on alpha) is overpowered and players just don't get it and a bunch of extra nonsense. The average monk reply sees to be "fuck you, I'll switch main".
The new Brewmaster is stupid, boring, retarded and unintuitive, plus a tad broken and frankly it's not even a little bitfun. It was pretty much perfect, now it's shit that shits shit and he and his developer friends can play and be one of the 10 BrM left in WoW.

Shadow priest seems fun, will probably end up being shit in half the content, but at least it's fun.

I guess I'll play Death Knight once again.
I'd have to play it in a raid setting before I knew how I feel about Celestalon's whole post. On the one hand, 99% of tanks you see in random groups are complete retards. I've seen multiple DKs complain that they are too squishy, and who use Death Strike a total of maybe 3-4 times in an entire instance.

On the other hand, Celestalon suggested ROLLING AWAY FROM THE MOBS when you were out of cooldowns to use.