World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I remember when it was difficult to raise the 1,000 gold to buy an epic ground mount. Or was it 1000 for the training + 100 for the horse. I cant remember.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Wonder if they're just letting inflation go nuts this expansion, watch it cost 3k to repair our gear.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Wonder if they're just letting inflation go nuts this expansion, watch it cost 3k to repair our gear.
It'll be funny/harsh to watch the people who just eeked through and then get fucked because they didn't do all the garrison shit for gold to stockpile.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
As long as I can farm gold by killing shit, I don't care. Another garrison and I'll quit very very fast.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I doubt we'll see general gold costs increase, since that only hurts new/returning players. Much more likely to see the sinks on superfluous/vanity/convenience items.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
They'd probably increase in line with quest rewards, if at all.

I'm relatively poor, probably 70k across all my toons. Just didn't care to do the garrison money farming and have unsubbed twice since this expansion released.

Rime

<Donor>
As someone who is up to around 3,000,000 gold. There is no chance I am paying 2,000,000 for a regular ground mount. If it had +10% movement speed and flying, MAYBE. If I could ride it in combat anywhere, maybe. If I could use it indoors, probably.

2,000,000 = 44 Months of game time at the current rate of WoW tokens on the AH.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
That's the crazy thing, with the playtime tokens providing a de facto exchange rate to real-life money this mount is the epitome of a vanity item. They should have made it look deliberately luxurious or something.

I'm not worried about missing out on the mount, but those numbers are pretty scary. Makes me think I'll never be able to afford anything with gold again ever.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's the part that sucks. If you didn't obsessively play the gold game, your chances at some of the other vanity items are zero.
I know that sounds bad but every expansion gold has become more common and wod was shitting out gold so fast I am now paid till the end of august and I am mostly just logging on to doink around in ashran and queue my shipyard and followers and it cranks out about 40k+ gold every 2 weeks or so depending how dilligent I am. I don't trade on the AH I don't game any system I am just half assed throwing minions out for missions and the game is just crapping out gold now. So giant money sinks like that while sounding bad probably is still a save up for a few months and you could likely get them. they already have the yak mount which is like 160k and that was in pandaria the inflation is real.

Rime

<Donor>
If garrisons aren't vomiting gold, the price of tokens will drop. Supply and demand.
Eventuallythey will. But the gold that is in the system is absolutely ridiculous. Not counting AH stuff, I have made over 5,000,000 Gold from Garrisons this expansion. I have probably a half dozen guildmates who are around the same, then a handful who started late and are just breaking their first 1,000,000.

Some people on Reddit are claiming to have 30+ Garrisons up and running (One guy stated he had closing on 80 across two accounts). I have made 5m gold with just 10 Garrisons/7 Shipyards (Though 3 of those Garrisons are not 100% on the Gold Missions yet). I cannot imagine the gold that guy with 80 has pulled down.

There needs to be big gold sinks in Legion, but 2,000,000 for a mount with the only factor for the cost being 'it looks neat'/'is unique' is not worth the cost to me. Even more lawl at the Battle Pet the same vendor sells that went from 10kish to 1,000,000 gold.

Argarth

On the verandah
As long as the price of repairs doesn't change, none of this will have any impact on me whatsoever.

Except for rare cases (like buying gear to help alts level), if I can't obtain an item by just "slaying dragons" it might as well not exist. Thank goodness, because I'll probably land in Legion with less than 400k gold.