World of Warcraft: Current Year

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Exactly. If it wasn't for me being a fucking completionist I'd be on 3-4 90's fully raid geared. Instead I'm exalting most of the reps and doing pvp.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
The raids wont be hardcore that's for sure. Probably 2-3 days a week. Monday/tuesday/wednesday 9:00PM EST more than likely.

So it sounds like WoW is not in the best shape these days? Is it worth resubbing? Quit during Cataclysm.
if you consider resubbing then wait until patch 5.4, that one will have some major new shit in it like virtual realms and flex raiding, the latter should revive the pug raiding scene that vanished with LFR

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Got 4 levels on my Monk yesterday vianDungeon Finder. I think I ran BRD 15 times, I was so bored I assumed it was for the redundancy of the that dungeon. I then logged on my 85 Paladin to break up boredom, did 3 quests in a zone I have never seen before and was completely bored again.

With WoW I feel like I have been there and done that 1000 times, even with the new content. Not totally giving up but I really hope when a log in later today I feel differently. Also the monk is fun but tanking with him consists of repeating 5 buttons over and over. Is it like that on all characters now that they simplified stuff so much?

Caeden

I played a lock and a paladin prior to the DK so they complicated my characters a lot since tbc outside of dot clipping. I played SSB destro then though. Curse of Shadows and spam that shit.

My paladin definitely has a more complex rotation. Dks feel about as usual. They did pare some ability bloat down with the new talents.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
With monks (for WW and BM at least) it's the same 5 or so buttons plus 3 or 4 cooldowns, but the mastery comes from knowing when to use them - easy learn, difficult to master kind of thing.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Brewmasters take a long time to
get all their tools (if you're in BRD I assume you're in the 50s). By the time you hit 90, they're a pretty complex tank class. I can't even recall if you get stagger/purify at those levels.

Pretty good read below this is just a snippet of it.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06...ave-we-done-w/

Firefall's Kern: 'I look at WoW and think what have we done... We killed a genre'

He aims plenty of disparaging remarks at WoW's accessibility formula and its mandate to acquire casual players by streamlining or omitting traditional MMORPG systems. "And it worked. Players came in droves, millions of them," Kern writes. "But at what cost? Sometimes I look at WoW and think 'what have we done?' I think I know. I think we killed a genre."

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Brewmasters take a long time to
get all their tools (if you're in BRD I assume you're in the 50s). By the time you hit 90, they're a pretty complex tank class. I can't even recall if you get stagger/purify at those levels.
Yes, 54. My buddy said when he leveled his tank the 50s were the slowest and most painful due to the dungeons you keep getting.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Pretty good read below this is just a snippet of it.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06...ave-we-done-w/

Firefall's Kern: 'I look at WoW and think what have we done... We killed a genre'

He aims plenty of disparaging remarks at WoW's accessibility formula and its mandate to acquire casual players by streamlining or omitting traditional MMORPG systems. "And it worked. Players came in droves, millions of them," Kern writes. "But at what cost? Sometimes I look at WoW and think 'what have we done?' I think I know. I think we killed a genre."
And when Firefall craters and he's out of a job, he can look back and reflect on how at least the filthy casuals didn't get to enjoy his game.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I knew there was a reason I insisted on my main being an engineer. That is just plain fucking awesome. Bravo Blizzard.

Rime

<Donor>
Looks like this is the new engi mount. Want.

Assuming things are not changed too drastically from the PTR->Live, the mount will require 30 Living Steel and 30 BoP Daily Created Engineer resource, which costs 10 Ghost Iron Bars per day. So all told, it would be 30 Living Steel, 30 Days of time, and 600 Ghost Iron Ore.

Also, you have to find the recipe for the mount, the pet, and the BoP Daily Resource as a drop from the new mobs in 5.4.

On the plus side, sitting on a stockpile of 97 Living Steel and I have three engineers. One for myself and two to gouge the frell out of the AH.

Caeden

Fuck! I assume this mount is account wide too? If so my pally will soon be dropping his BS to go engi

Caeden

So blizzard is aping gw2. We knew it was coming. I think the battlefield barrens stuff feels like a mix of rift and gw2. Timeless isle shall be interesting. Seems their bouncing the idea of a 5.5 patch. An old god one off fight maybe?

On mmo-c.

kudos

<Banned>
So blizzard is aping gw2. We knew it was coming. I think the battlefield barrens stuff feels like a mix of rift and gw2. Timeless isle shall be interesting. Seems their bouncing the idea of a 5.5 patch. An old god one off fight maybe?

On mmo-c.
The Defense of the Alehouse battleground won't happen during this expansion.
LOL. Fucking blizzard is such shit now.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I was looking forward to the DOTA battleground, because regular PVP sucks. I was trying to get my other char through the wraithion quest step where you have to win Mines and Powerball. Holy fuck is that painful on Alliance.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
I was looking forward to the DOTA battleground, because regular PVP sucks. I was trying to get my other char through the wraithion quest step where you have to win Mines and Powerball. Holy fuck is that painful on Alliance.
Lol when I was doing it Mal"Ganis horde side we lost every single match in both, then I came up with a genius plan I specced resto and healed and one shot both bg's first shot. Every fucking match 0-1 healer horde side and 3-4 alliance and we got smoked. Switched and boom all the difference.

Also engi mount is money as fuck.