World of Warcraft: Current Year

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
At this point I know I can glance over Miele posts in this thread because they always boil down to ranting against the class redesigns.

Kudos for not crying once more over Brewmasters in this one though.
Your 666th post to rant about my rants, now I'm fucking scared
biggrin.png

I understood in the past that a lot of players don't read anything outside the game, no forums, no websites, nothing. Hell, a ton of them don't even read patch notes. I believe a lot players will be surprised to say the least, some even positively (Moonkins? I heard they were quite horrible in WoD), but many popular classes will make people say "what?".
Anyway I know I rant a lot about this, but it's like the old fart that complains about "kids these days", you can safely ignore me when I complain, but as somebody said on these forums a long time ago, "I bitch because I care".

When someone puts time and "efforts" into completing a character all-around, including professions, factions, etc. I believe it's his right to complain if the character becomes boring to play. Ok I'm done with rants.

Anyway, still no beta so I won't be able to check the DH before hand. I have one extra reason to buy Legion now, so we're all cool.

Positive thought of the day: Nat Pagle is my best friend now. That took some time...
wink.png

Malkav

French Madman
Your 666th post to rant about my rants, now I'm fucking scared
biggrin.png
As if I were that active in this thread, so quit exaggerating. Just found it funny that every freaking time I open this thread I see a new post from you with basically the same content.

By the way I have no opinion one way or the other on the class changes. I play WoW like 2 months every time an expac is released, have fun for a bit with different classes and that's it. So yeah, I'm not "attached" to anything per-say.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I'm glad Warlocks got most of their abilities pruned, so much shit I never used. Now if they upped the damage of the dots, affliction would actually be decent.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I was just thinking... since DH effectively start at 100 (by time you finish starting zone and all that), couldn't you just replace all those level 1 placeholder chars with DH and just sit 30+ chars outside one raid zone like Onyxia's Lair and just farm the shit out of it for mounts then move on to the next one? Seems like a lot lower effort to farm those instances now and DH are tailor made with lots of AE and mobility to blitz through old raids.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Is there a limit of the number of DH per server? That would put a wrinkle in your plan as I think you need a level 100 on the server to create a DH.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm so excited for the transmog change, 7.0 is so close I can taste it.

My entire bank is 30 slot bags full of gear + every slot in void storage. I started saving my plate items as soon as they announced the change and now I'm just sitting here like an asshole with my actual bags half full all the time lol.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is there a limit of the number of DH per server? That would put a wrinkle in your plan as I think you need a level 100 on the server to create a DH.
Well that was the original 'hero class' restriction they removed eventually so DKs could be created on any server. That said DH could go back to the same but then I'd expect that eventually to change once again as well? Also, I think they don't care anymore because you can get a level 100 on a new server with some $ (or expac purchase) immediately anyway.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
So how are shadow priests doing for Legion? Specifically is there any spec/build to make mindflay a viable spell that's used as more then a rotation filler? I need to get my Palpatine class fantasy on.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Nothing about the Demon Hunter class appeals to me sadly. I had hopes that, like with Monks, they would have added one spec that was caster-esque, but I guess that would have tread too heavily on the Warlock territory.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm glad Warlocks got most of their abilities pruned, so much shit I never used. Now if they upped the damage of the dots, affliction would actually be decent.
Warlock pruning be weird for demo for every pruned power you mostly get a new one to replace it. Overall what pruning demos got works out pretty well.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

My entire bank is 30 slot bags full of gear + every slot in void storage. I started saving my plate items as soon as they announced the change and now I'm just sitting here like an asshole with my actual bags half full all the time lol.
My banks and bags are ready for this transmog stuff to go live

Rime

<Donor>

I have five guilds with five guild tabs full of Transmog crap... I also have another 2000 crates to open before the Pre-Patch rolls out /wrist.

At least I am down from 4000 of them over the weekend.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
My banks and bags are ready for this transmog stuff to go live
MyVOIDstorage is already full. I've stopped touching any old raid because I'm too tempted to keep any piece that drop for future xmog, and the only place that's still empty is the original backpack.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Warlock pruning be weird for demo for every pruned power you mostly get a new one to replace it. Overall what pruning demos got works out pretty well.
You should check out affliction - if you spec endless corruption you are left with like 3 buttons, and one of them is only usable with soul shards.

It doesn't seem to have any obvious performance issues, but it's damn weird to lose so many buttons.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I have five guilds with five guild tabs full of Transmog crap... I also have another 2000 crates to open before the Pre-Patch rolls out /wrist.

At least I am down from 4000 of them over the weekend.
Why are you opening the crates already? The existing crates aren't changing after pre-patch, they'll still have all the old gear in them.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
So how are shadow priests doing for Legion? Specifically is there any spec/build to make mindflay a viable spell that's used as more then a rotation filler? I need to get my Palpatine class fantasy on.
Beta players are not very enthusiast right now. The class has no burst AoE at all, can mantain a cleave on 3 targets decently if they live long enough and can do respectable single target damage, but apparently it received several nerfs in the last few months and people are not very happy about it. I lost interest in April, I may play it as off spec for a bit, but I dig holy spec more and disco hybrid style may be worth trying.

One note about shadow: Surrender to Madness is a raid talent that can push out very good numbers, but it'll make the gameplay very very fast, probably to 0,75s global cooldown in the whole execute phase. You need both a good machine and an excellent ping to play that without dying (horribly) because you can't sustain insanity gains long enough.

Rime

<Donor>
Why are you opening the crates already? The existing crates aren't changing after pre-patch, they'll still have all the old gear in them.
The price on the follower equipment is being nerfed to 1copper in the pre-patch, unless my sources are mistaken. So, a few grand in lost profits. Given that I am creeping on 4m, it is not a huge lose. I just do not want to have to be bothered with it when the pre-patch comes out, I guess.