World of Warcraft: Current Year

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
You won't be screwed at all. Every point you speed in your artifact weapon dramatically increases the cost of the next point you will spend. So if point 1 costs 100 artifact power then point 13 costs 6500 power. What that means is point 14 costs 9000 artifact power. In other word you can forgo puting in that 14th point into artifact A and instead point points 1-13 into artifact B. So if suddenly spec B is better than A, you can switch to 80%+ of A really quickly.

This isn't true anymore. the increase per point is far more linear now. For example, the latest character I just got to 110 on the beta has the first major trait unlocked just by questing and getting the treasures as I go.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
While cool. It seems like an extremely annoying way to do this. Also, if you have never done any of the WoD shit. If you get a port to Ashran how do you have the flight point for the Garrison?

I guessing by "fly over" he means if you have WoD flying unlocked on your account. Unless it gives you the garrison FP by default, no idea.

Found something interesting while reading though all the invasion nerf threads on General forums:

J4ao2A2.jpg

Think I'll give this a try when I get home in a couple hours. If it works as advertised I assume that means you can start soloing Wrath raids at 81 too. I guess it depends on what the poster means by "good chunk of experience"

xzi

Mouthbreather
What? that sounds goofy as fuck.

I'm gonna go hit 70 on my mage I guess. I was leveling my bank with the invasions so I can have my orc mage named Danklord be level 69.. but.. fuck it. Gonna go test this out right now, brb in a bit to see if it works

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hoofed it on 4 toons from Gorgrond to Shadowmoon using water walking pots, or just death marching though the hard areas. As I also hate the WoD intro, so I found this a much preferred path. I dont think it would be too much worse running around the northside of Gorgrond to Frostfire. Either way, its far faster than that damned WoD intro. As for a portal to Warspear/Stormshield, I think you can use waterwalking and make it over to Tanaan before you die to fatigue. I vaguely recall making that run with my DK, before I read about the timeless portal; very early in WoD.

At least they fixed the Legion into, once you have done it on one toon, you can skip it on all others by just talking to the first quest guy in Org/SW.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Can't believe all the rage on the official forum about the exp nerf for the invasions. You can literally go afk, get guaranteed exp/loot and still have the nerve to bitch about a minor exp loss?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Couldn't you just use water walking + the feather to get there way easier? Where do you actually need to go to trigger the Garrison if you portal to Ashran? Frostfire or the entrance to Tanaan?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I think seeing all the new forms, I'm sold on Druid. Holy shit. Balance Druid, Resto off-spec. The default forms are mehhhh, but the new artifact forms? Holy BONER!!

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Can't believe all the rage on the official forum about the exp nerf for the invasions. You can literally go afk, get guaranteed exp/loot and still have the nerve to bitch about a minor exp loss?

The point of the rage is that the XP buff on the four hour timer allowed you to level shit alts you didn't want to touch because fuck leveling. Now you can only reliably level one or two this way and it takes up ALL of your time. As opposed to an hour for a few alts and then do whatever you really want to do and keep trucking.

Its dumb because boosts to lvl 100 exist. Heirlooms and bonus XP items/potions/etc exist. Why the fuck would they nerf THIS xp bomb? Its a limited event going to an expansion. Why does it matter?

xzi

Mouthbreather

I don't think people would be as mad about it if they didn't suddenly buff it for no reason after 2 days, and then 2 days later nerf it. Make up your fucking mind.

• 1Solidarity

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So I think seeing all the new forms, I'm sold on Druid. Holy shit. Balance Druid, Resto off-spec. The default forms are mehhhh, but the new artifact forms? Holy BONER!!

The stone bear form is my favorite one. Plus the Druid mastery buffs their health and damage significantly making them very good tanks with the highest health pool of any tanks. I raided with a guardian Druid last week with 1.3 million HP. Granted his ilvl was 740ish.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

So instead of fixing the actual problem(aka AFKing) they nerf everyone.. So the "Rage" makes sense. I dunno about your servers, but mine the people afking were quite low compared to people actually fighting. What's funny is most of the afk are 100s, who just want chests, which wasn't changed at all.

Also Like xzi said, they buffed it just recently and the developer specifically tweeted about "good way to level alts".

Why the care people level quickly is beyond me. Makes you want to believe in the tin-foil conspiracy of them selling less boost because of it.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Couldn't you just use water walking + the feather to get there way easier? Where do you actually need to go to trigger the Garrison if you portal to Ashran? Frostfire or the entrance to Tanaan?

I forgot that they made the feather a toy now, as it would be the best if you had it, making it super simple (outside of flying).

For the quest, you go to the spot the ship crashes on the shore after the WoD intro, then fly up to the phased garrison area. For ally it is in Shadowmoon, north, by northwest of the garrison, on the coast. For horde, it is in Frostfire, west by northwest of the garrison, on the shore. You should see a crashed ship/airship. You may need to wait a few seconds to get the phase to kick over.

• 1Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider

It's not a minor loss of exp, in fact it's pretty substantial. Not to mention the fact that the "fix" only increased the number of people going afk during the invasions. They should have fixed the afk problem by making people have to actually take part instead of telling people to level alts, increasing the exp gain, and then turning around later and doing a fucking 180. The rage on the forums is warranted.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

The stone bear form is my favorite one. Plus the Druid mastery buffs their health and damage significantly making them very good tanks with the highest health pool of any tanks. I raided with a guardian Druid last week with 1.3 million HP. Granted his ilvl was 740ish.
Yeah, my favorite is the tree green/brown looking Feral druid! So sick! The armored bears is sick as well. I'm going to be playing Balance, and so having an armor look for it as awesome. I'm not a huge fan of the moonkin.

Crone

Holy BALLS! MY BONER HURTS NOW!

On top of the above new forms, the new cosmetic glyphs are amazing!! I can get rid of the Moonkin form which I don't like anyway. I can get rid of the bat flightform and turn into an owl instead.

Life so amazing right now!!

stereo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just posted.

"Thanks everyone for the feedback.

We agree that our initial change made Invasions too unrewarding for characters who weren’t at max level, so we’ve just applied a hotfix that increases XP gains from killing Legion invaders. Since Invasions are only around for a short period of time, we want them to feel lucrative, and provide incentives to actively participate in them.

You should be seeing a lot more progress on your XP bar for helping your fellow Azerothians fight the Legion now."

xzi

Mouthbreather
On the level 70 going to TBC dungeons for extra dmg, it seems to work but I get way more xp soloing demons at invasions than I would in a dungeon.

edit: I guess the above post explains why

Crone

Just posted.

"Thanks everyone for the feedback.

We agree that our initial change made Invasions too unrewarding for characters who weren’t at max level, so we’ve just applied a hotfix that increases XP gains from killing Legion invaders. Since Invasions are only around for a short period of time, we want them to feel lucrative, and provide incentives to actively participate in them.

You should be seeing a lot more progress on your XP bar for helping your fellow Azerothians fight the Legion now."
Came to post it too! You win!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You know what fuck it, rant time.

Here's the deal - we're coming off the heels of the worst fucking expansion ever and given a lukewarm event system with shit rewards. I mean fucking green rusty bent pipe bow isn't exactly the pinnacle of item design. They have performance problems and get tweaked several times, including 'fixing' (yea because no one fucking checked the first week?) warforging to get more people involved.

Their solution after going "Jesus take the wheel" for a week is to fucking increase the amount of dicking around you do to level alts instead of finding a reasonable solution to keep the pace and time commitment similar. They could have made it so you only gain so much EXP/day from them or cap the number of invasion participations per day per character. They could have made it based on contribution so if you got off your mount you got more exp or better chests or whatever. They could have added rare drops off mobs or bosses to incentivize contributing. They could have done literally anything. They did not.

I mean fuck, if you're going to have interns/C team design the FIRST IMPRESSION to your savior expac, at least fucking test it first and figure out what the fuck you want it to do.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users