World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Not sure how anybody had their mobility get better. Destro and Fire cleave well from the get go, for everyone else you have to ramp up for anything other then two targets. Hunter's being the exception but they are always caught in that weird space between ranged and melee from a design perspective. Just take a look at any mythic+ thread regarding the beta and its pretty much boomy, shadow, non fire mages and locks complaining that they won't be needed because by the time they ramp up everything is dead. Shouldn't even need to mention the joke they made ele shaman aoe in to.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So based on forums: "Ranged had most mobilty stripped"(not true) and "have to work for their cleave" true for a few specs but most do it natrually or passively.

And you wonder why the forums are a joke. According to those forums every class is broken and horrid.

As for better mobility. Hmm shm wolf + leap, hunter deterrence + sprint, boomkin blink + sprint. Just off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ive been playing my Spriest since I came back and I think their mobility is just fine. Do they have a hard disengage like Hunters? No. But the speed boost from an almost spammable PW:S and the overall damage mitigation and speed boost of Dispersion more than make up for anything a comparable class has.

The overall nature of the instant cast SW: P along with Void Eruption causing damage to each mob that has those dots isnt your traditional cleave, either. But damn if it isnt effective af. I cant speak much for the rest of the classes, but Spriest is in a really good spot right now and I enjoy the hell out of the class.

I have yet to really give Discipline a long term play, but from what Ive read they seem to be able to focus completely on DPS and rival any other Main Spec DPS. Kind of defeats the purpose, but its nice to know it has the potential to do so when played effectively. The Holy Spec is balls out boring though. Good Healer, and it can do the job. But God almighty Im bored af when I heal a Mythic.

I spent a short while leveling the Warlock I have just in case I ended up playing one. From that bit of time, I could tell that the Warlock was neat on paper but the play style in action was rather piss poor in any spec. Its almost as if a team of designers set out and made some really cool specs for the Warlock and then someone came behind them and axed a lot of their designs or scaled them back considerably in their effectiveness. Either way, the Warlock is just not for me in its current set up.

Edit: And yes, the ramp up time for a Spriest can get a bit ridiculous when you're killing small shit or you're in a Heroic. In a Mythic group though, Im usually first or second in DPS. I wouldnt put much stock into those that are complaining, in other words.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
So based on forums: "Ranged had most mobilty stripped"(not true) and "have to work for their cleave" true for a few specs but most do it natrually or passively.

And you wonder why the forums are a joke. According to those forums every class is broken and horrid.

As for better mobility. Hmm shm wolf + leap, hunter deterrence + sprint, boomkin blink + sprint. Just off the top of my head.

Just because they do it naturally or passively doesn't mean it isn't balls. Ele shamans, shadow priests, boomkin, and every mage and warlock spec that isn't destro or fire requires ramp up time. In some cases shadow and ele in particular even when ramped up they are parsing horribly. Meanwhile almost every melee spec can literally walk up to the 3+ mobs and wreck havoc from the moment they come in contact. This is offset by the fact that ranged are trending towards being stronger single target. Which was my original point that both melee and ranged are looking desirable for both mythic+ and raiding content. Not that ranged were complete trash all around.

As far as mobility goes the diminished ability for most ranged classes to dps on the move outside of high time cool downs was more what I was going for. I wasn't thinking about gtfo buttons that in most cases have a CD of fiteen+ seconds.

I've played Hunter, spriest, and ele shaman since BC. This will be my first xpac on a melee because they feel that much better from a dps mobility standpoint and not taking a dogs age to be relevant when more then two mobs are needing to die.

Argarth

On the verandah
Any ElvUI users know an easy to to clone bars from one spec to another? I just want to copy over the assassination layout to my Outlaw layout, then fuck with my outlaw layout, but I can't figure out how.

I don't use ElvUI, but I can't see how this addon wouldn't work with any UI compilation. (tried dozens over the years)

Action Bar Saver

Hasn't been updated for ages, but still works perfectly. I use it for exactly the reason you specified, among others.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I keep leaning towards melee DPS, and then I try one, and you still have to play chase, and I get annoyed. Something like a charge, or the Shaman's leap are kind of nice. Mage's blink, that's the shit that let's you get in on something. DH's seem to have a few movement abilities as well. I've played mostly ranged or healers, so gonna try and put some time into melee this last week and try that out.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
for elvui, just copy the profile from your other character and then alter it on the new one. Should do what you're asking

I totally missed the exodus here but now I'm here and ready shitpost en maximum. I've been thinking long and hard what tank I want to main in Legion and I've narrowed it down to the three leather tanks, likely giving up on my 741 monk in favor of demon hunter and then having a druid as my alt. Kinda feels bad but at the same time, the prepatch changed so much and really gutted what little utility my brewmaster still had...

Even though they say they won't hotfix things I bet we'll see some last minute tuning happen when people figure out something being broken. Honestly wish they would look at the tank balance and try to keep them way closer, especially with regards to their kits

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Of course, in theory if someone was enterprising enough, if you can tell your OWN position, you can triangulate so meh i dunno maybe they will kill that too. Even if you have to do it like a gyro where it sets the 0,0 at zone in.
If you can, then you can have a cooperative positioning system with each add-on broadcasting your own position over the raid channel silent backchannel.

According to those forums every class is broken and horrid.
According to Blizzard, if everyone complains equally about their class, that means they managed a good balance.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
My experience with Boomkins is pretty much non-existent as my highest druid was like 21 and I'd leveled him as feral. Flash forward to yesterday when I finished maxing out my last 'real' alt and decided to use my WoD 90-boost** on the druid and level him up to 100. I understand that they have changed considerably over the years and that the most recent version is quite a bit different from the solar-lunar cycle that existed in WoD, but they seem almost too basic at this point. Certain aspects seem similar to an Affliction 'Lock in that you have to apply a bunch of DoTs, but it looks like 100 talent that makes the the bread-n-butter spam abilities refresh their sibling DoT eliminates a good chunk of that management.

I'll wait till I actually get to 100 to pass judgement, but so far I'm not sure which is better as a secondary-DPS : Elemental Shaman, Warlock, or Boomkin. I'm almost certainly going to be mainlining my Arcane Mage and for healing I'll go with the Mistweaver Monk because I just really liked the MoP Mistweaver and don't want to give up on that playstyle entirely.

**Yes I never used the original 90-boost that came with WoD as I was saving it for just the right occasion. I suspect I will hold onto the 100-boost from Legion in a similar fashion.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I'm about to start playing again and have no idea what class to play. I really hate when they completely change how every class works in an expansion. Right now it's probably a toss up between warrior/rogue/druid but I have every class at 100 except for warlock (91) and DK (83)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think the legion changes to classes are the most drastic I can remember in recent memory. Everything feels way different.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah. My hunter and DK were my usual go-to guys but blood spec feels kinda funny and my hunter's survival spec got nuked completely, so marksmanship is a little awkward. They hacked the cheetah buff too, so there went my typical mobility.

I've been hung up on my monk since it seems more comfortable to play and dragon kick is total lulz.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My experience with Boomkins is pretty much non-existent as my highest druid was like 21 and I'd leveled him as feral. Flash forward to yesterday when I finished maxing out my last 'real' alt and decided to use my WoD 90-boost** on the druid and level him up to 100. I understand that they have changed considerably over the years and that the most recent version is quite a bit different from the solar-lunar cycle that existed in WoD, but they seem almost too basic at this point. Certain aspects seem similar to an Affliction 'Lock in that you have to apply a bunch of DoTs, but it looks like 100 talent that makes the the bread-n-butter spam abilities refresh their sibling DoT eliminates a good chunk of that management.

I'll wait till I actually get to 100 to pass judgement, but so far I'm not sure which is better as a secondary-DPS : Elemental Shaman, Warlock, or Boomkin. I'm almost certainly going to be mainlining my Arcane Mage and for healing I'll go with the Mistweaver Monk because I just really liked the MoP Mistweaver and don't want to give up on that playstyle entirely.

**Yes I never used the original 90-boost that came with WoD as I was saving it for just the right occasion. I suspect I will hold onto the 100-boost from Legion in a similar fashion.

The one thing that is hard for me to get used to with mistweaver is keeping up the soothing mist channel. Which requires you to not move and not want to press any other buttons. Just strange compared to the Shaman healer I mained during Wrath.

velk

Trakanon Raider

Hunter sprint is on a 3minute cooldown, it's been a particular nuisance for me given how fast tanks are now.

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't use ElvUI, but I can't see how this addon wouldn't work with any UI compilation. (tried dozens over the years)

Action Bar Saver

Hasn't been updated for ages, but still works perfectly. I use it for exactly the reason you specified, among others.
Thanks, I'll check that out.

for elvui, just copy the profile from your other character and then alter it on the new one. Should do what you're asking

I totally missed the exodus here but now I'm here and ready shitpost en maximum. I've been thinking long and hard what tank I want to main in Legion and I've narrowed it down to the three leather tanks, likely giving up on my 741 monk in favor of demon hunter and then having a druid as my alt. Kinda feels bad but at the same time, the prepatch changed so much and really gutted what little utility my brewmaster still had...

Even though they say they won't hotfix things I bet we'll see some last minute tuning happen when people figure out something being broken. Honestly wish they would look at the tank balance and try to keep them way closer, especially with regards to their kits
It's not between characters, it's between specs on the same character. On my rogue I want crimson vial in the same location and hotkey for every spec, same for vanish, favorite mount, etc. Given it's really only 3-6 buttons for a real 'rotation', it shouldn't be an issue to keep them all the same, but I need to set it up (and one spec is done, another is half assed, the other is blank).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Why not just use Bartender for that Ao? Not hard to set it up that way. I keep certain abilities the same across all characters. Mainly so the hotkey is the same for interrupt/movement ability on anything that I play.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Anyone play an assassin rogue at 110 on the beta? kinda torn on my rogue and mage now in terms of a starting class. I know fire mage was fun but i didn't get around to trying a rogue on beta