World of Warcraft: Current Year

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I'm leveling as Blood. I'm sure this is true for all the tanks, but for those area kill quests, just grab everything you can without evade bugging and ae it all down.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Right right right. 3am...damn. You guys were excited, lol. But, I'm trying hard to work instead of start this up, so I definitely get it. I just can't stay awake like that.

Fuck it, firing this up at the office.
Well.. my wife works until 3AM so it was one of those things where I thought I'd go to bed early, wake up, servers would be fucked and I'd just go back to bed... nope, logged in instantly and was on my way.

Excited? You bet. WOD was such a disappointment..

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Im going into this puppy without any foreknowledge for the very first time. Always before I was thoroughly spoiled by at least one phase of Beta, but this time I know virtually nothing and it makes for a much more enjoyable experience.

I do like how the class quest for the artifact weapon is built around your actual class. It actually took me a few seconds to realize that I needed to use Mage abilities in the proper way in order to get everything I needed to do done and that was pretty damn cool.

Yeah, I thought it was cool in the warrior one that you have to use warrior specific abilities like heroic leap and throw in order to move forward. I'm not used to needing to actually put any thought into playing WoW, so it kind of took me a second to realize, "Oh, I need to use leap to get past this obstacle instead of just charging and killing shit like I've been doing for the past several years."

Needless

Toe Sucker
i think i fell asleep last night 10 minutes before the servers went up lol

oh well i'll just grind for like 10 hours when i get off work~ definitely going outlaw, then i'll pick up subtlety as a pvp offspec later on. That spec looks too cool at 110 once you have all the pvp talents~

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
Im going into this puppy without any foreknowledge for the very first time. Always before I was thoroughly spoiled by at least one phase of Beta, but this time I know virtually nothing and it makes for a much more enjoyable experience.

I do like how the class quest for the artifact weapon is built around your actual class. It actually took me a few seconds to realize that I needed to use Mage abilities in the proper way in order to get everything I needed to do done and that was pretty damn cool.

Yeah I like that as well, and even spec-specific abilities too. There was a part of the Survival artifact quest where I specifically had to use a trap to proceed (and had to use Flare as well, not spec-specific, but still). Pretty cool.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Just played for a couple hours after getting off work and got my Shaman and Rogue artifacts. I'm really enjoying the fact that each class has a different story path to start, it makes playing multiple characters feel fresh instead of the usual chore. I also like that I can pick my starting zone so I won't burn out doing the same zones in the same order every time. So far no complaints, launch has been nice and smooth, I'd still be playing if I didn't need some sleep.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Its early days (hours) but I have more of a sense of 'place' for the Broken Isles than I did for alt-Draenor. WoD felt like every zone was caught up in the middle of a war, but without any lingering post-adventure-ohase stability like we saw with some of the Pandaren zones. It still feels weird that we had an alt-Draenor expansion where we only barely visited Karabor and essentially walked past Shattrath City never to return again.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
Its early days (hours) but I have more of a sense of 'place' for the Broken Isles than I did for alt-Draenor. WoD felt like every zone was caught up in the middle of a war, but without any lingering post-adventure-ohase stability like we saw with some of the Pandaren zones. It still feels weird that we had an alt-Draenor expansion where we only barely visited Karabor and essentially walked past Shattrath City never to return again.

Agreed, I was one of the people who didn't like the time/dimension-hopping aspect of WoD and I really only had a vague notion of why we were going there - just to catch Garrosh because that's where he went. With Broken Isles it was really clear to me - Legion invading, ancient artifacts there will help us defeat them, off we go. Got it.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Pretty pumped - changed to UH DK last minute and am "working from home" tomorrow through next week. College football starts this week too - looking forward to socking the poop this week

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I played until about 2AM (had to get up at 6) but man, that was a smooth fucking launch. I thought for sure that I'd be up for a few minutes, servers would crash and call it a night. Well done, blizz. Pretty excited to go into poopsock mode after work. Loving Outlaw and how you go from sluggishly pecking away at a mob to throwing a RtB and just destroying it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This shit is too funny, some druid had a little problem:

I can't do the Druid artifact quests because I'm hostile with the Cenarion Circle. Archdruid Hamuul Runetotem won't speak to me. Can you guys turn him into a neutral faction NPC please? I know this is karma for the hours spent murdering Moonglade Guards but this is literally barring me entry from WoW Legion. I'm pretty sad right now. : (
http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613292097?page=1

Sadly Blizz already hotfixed it, they should have made him farm rep to get his artifact ;)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I have a quest to get my 2nd artifact weapon, should I bother if I'm not going that spec for a while? Like, can I put it off for as long as I want or what?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
That was my complaint as well when i briefly played around with it... like it doesn't even show the buffs on the little mini healthbar/buff bar under your characters feet and shit either which is whack... why no built in auras for RtB blizz?!

Bunch of WeakAuras on MMO champ.

The Outlaw one is rather simple, just has a buff icon (not sure of the priority on the icon) and a number above it. I just fish for 2+ above if doing a boss and call it good. I think when it glows that means you should be going HAM and pressing AR. It also does a horn sound on all 6 buffs (that I should change because it makes me laugh thinking of that dumb feminist bitch vs Gavin McInnes).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
All of us working today

http://i.imgur.com/x1dyAq8.jpg
x1dyAq8.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You already real life camped out and then woke up at 3am to play it. I stayed up only until 1 PST and then went to bed because I can't f up my sleep schedule as much as you can. :/
Well it's not like it's way off since I usually wake up at 6

I really can't afford a fucked up sleep schedule either - sleep when the baby sleeps